Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Intense dreams while napping?
    #12222508 - 03/18/10 03:14 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Whenever I need to wake up early for something, and hardly get any sleep throughout the night, I get really really tired when I get back home.
Sometimes when I get back home I choose not to take naps, and other times i choose to just hit my bed like a rock.

Whenever I nap during the day, I have really really intense dreams, dreams that I can remember so clearly, I can repeat them almost perfectly. The only bad thing about these intense dreams is that they are SO intense, that I can't even tell that I'm dreaming.

Recently, I got home at around 5:30pm and hit the sack hard. I laid on my bed for at least 2 minutes and instantly started dreaming. Then in the middle of my dream, I could have sworn I woke up on my bed. I was trying to look around but I could not move my body, and my arms felt like they weighed 300 pounds and i could not move them. I got out of my bed for no reason, then laid back down.
What's weird is that was all part of my dream, but it felt so fucking real.
I had probably about 5 dreams in the span of an hour. I woke up from my nap at 6:30pm with extremely "shroomy" feeling limbs. I had a body high similar to that of a 1.2g shroom trip (where you feel super tall and your limbs feel extra long).

Anyone else have crazy nap-dreams? lmao.

Also, anyone know why taking a nap after a hard day's work induces such intense dreams?

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: mrgibblet]
    #12222525 - 03/18/10 03:22 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Naps make me feel horrible. :shrug:

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Offlinekirilan
dued
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: Thisfire]
    #12222572 - 03/18/10 03:37 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I love naps. And when I nap I also dream like crazy, Not that intense though!

--------------------
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together"
Carl Sagan
:heart:

Offlineboletusphillus
TrailBeastHammerSmash
Male User Gallery

Loc: pacific coast
    #12222591 - 03/18/10 03:45 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I don't know what to say man...
I love to nap, but sleep takes an appropriate amount of my day....

--------------------
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.  ~John Muir

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: kirilan]
    #12222597 - 03/18/10 03:46 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

My dreams on my naps are very intense often causing me to wake up in a cold sweat or think I had an out of body experience.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: kirilan]
    #12222611 - 03/18/10 03:50 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

i feel like i get better sleep when i nap. i actually have had dreams like that. where i wake up and i walk to the kitchen but it ends up being a dream. it feels like a loop sometimes. i usually dream like that when i fall sleep with a busy mind, or when i dont get enough sleep and i end up working all day. then the dream ends up being about me working. it feels like i worked twice. its a messed up feeling. i feel ya.

you should try sleeping more.  :jointsmile:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinehairybear
Stranger
Male

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: zZZz]
    #12222625 - 03/18/10 03:54 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

LOL when arent dreams intense? Waking up from the subconcious part of the brain that isnt really know by scientists?..Fuck dude, sometimes i wake up sweating.

But ive had that happen to  me before too. Its strange. According to the shit i learned in high school that dreamland shit doesnt happen until like two hours in.? Ask your doctor. lol

Offlinehairybear
Stranger
Male

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: hairybear]
    #12222639 - 03/18/10 03:57 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

mrgibblet said:
Whenever I need to wake up early for something, and hardly get any sleep throughout the night, I get really really tired when I get back home.
Sometimes when I get back home I choose not to take naps, and other times i choose to just hit my bed like a rock.

Whenever I nap during the day, I have really really intense dreams, dreams that I can remember so clearly, I can repeat them almost perfectly. The only bad thing about these intense dreams is that they are SO intense, that I can't even tell that I'm dreaming.

Recently, I got home at around 5:30pm and hit the sack hard. I laid on my bed for at least 2 minutes and instantly started dreaming. Then in the middle of my dream, I could have sworn I woke up on my bed. I was trying to look around but I could not move my body, and my arms felt like they weighed 300 pounds and i could not move them. I got out of my bed for no reason, then laid back down.
I had probably about 5 dreams in the span of an hour. I woke up from my nap at 6:30pm with extremely "shroomy" feeling limbs. I had a body high similar to that of a 1.2g shroom trip (where you feel super tall and your limbs feel extra long).

Also, anyone know why taking a nap after a hard day's work induces such intense dreams?

I never felt drugged however ive had that happen to me. Really good shit happens in the brain.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: boletusphillus]
    #12222641 - 03/18/10 03:58 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I dont usually sleep all at once as much as take many little naps.

Offlinehairybear
Stranger
Male

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #12222653 - 03/18/10 04:03 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

How does that work for you? If my sleeping schedule goes off couruse i usually wait up a day and then reshedcule stuff.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#12222665 - 03/18/10 04:05 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

After becoming self employed I realized that I could sleep/eat on my own terms rather than conforming to the societal constructs of eating/sleeping at certain social programming dictated times.

Now I just sleep when I feel tired, eat when I feel hungry, and dont force myself because it's a certain time of day.

I also dont eat breakfast lunch and dinner at those particular times, I just eat small amounts of food all day.

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 28th Dimension
    #12222890 - 03/18/10 06:15 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

What do you self-employ yourself to do? i'm intrigued - your sleeping pattern sounds like a dream...shit guys i'm really sorry for that pun

Offlinethemostpurple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: seeker28]
    #12222930 - 03/18/10 06:34 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

i actually dream all the time when i take naps...its insane.

just today i woke up 5 times before ACTUALLY waking up in our constant reality we call real life, it was insane. the first time i woke up, i thought i was dying for some reason...each time i "woke up" i felt i was closer and closer to death..then on the fifth dream i felt as if i had died, and i experienced a complete void of senses...a shutting down of everything...this scared me greatly but i realized i could still think without my body and this made me wake immediately :trippinballs:

--------------------
-_-_-_-

Offlinehermeticfool
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12223351 - 03/18/10 09:33 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

mrgibblet said:

The not being able to move part while feeling conscience is lucid dreaming + sleep paralysis. I used to have these all the time and they really freaked me out when I was young. I would go so far as to attempt yelling to wake someone else up so they could then wake me up. It worked, though I've told my dreaming yells were more like little yelps.:grin:
If they happen now, I just relax and go with it, to see were it takes me. Too bad they don't they don't happen much anymore. Sometimes I wonder what I missed by freaking out instead of just rolling with it....

Offlineoptyks
Stoned Soliloquy

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: hermeticfool]
    #12223669 - 03/18/10 10:51 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I love napping.

When i take a nap during the day i also have intense dreams. I've theorized that it's because you sleep just long enough to get into the REM stages of sleep, so you start having intense dreams, then you wake up and its all fresh rather than leaving REM and going back through the light and deep cycles of sleep.

Offlinehairybear
Stranger
Male

#12223990 - 03/18/10 11:51 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I went to a psychologist before to talk about some crapola and one the things he thought about taking account of if i decided to actually go to them thing were sleeping patterns. I thought to myself that cant be right, i mean its just sleeping?

Do feel side affects because of that or do you feel normal?

OfflinePsychoPsilocin
Playboy
Male

#12224810 - 03/18/10 02:01 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I've had some pretty intense nap dreams.

In fact, the other day I found myself stuck in between the dream and waking consciousness.

In my dream, one of my friends decided to get up from the table we were sitting at. I decided it was time to go too. But I couldn't get up! I was stuck there, in the dream, thinking "damn, I gotta go", but I was paralyzed. Then bam, I wake up.

It reminded me of the few times I've done salvia.

Offlinerobinmccready
Stranger

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: PsychoPsilocin]
    #12225167 - 03/18/10 03:00 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

iive had that before. tried to sleep for ages after not getting any sleep the night before, i thought i had woken up and looked up and started getting swirling visuals and morphing and stuff whilst looking at a fridge! and then looked to the side of me and there was a cat and its face was twisting and swirling (and ive never even done proper phsychedelics before!) it scared the shit out of me seeing the cat cos i was kind of half awake. i then woke up to the sound of hearing myself making a retarded moaning noise. i was so confused, i thought i might have just had a seizure or something

--------------------

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Intense dreams while napping? [Re: robinmccready]
    #12225197 - 03/18/10 03:06 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Last time I had a nap, I was like "hmm, since I'm taking a nap I'll probably have an intense dream." and I fell asleep before I knew it.

In my dream i was some sort of jewish prisoner in the holocaust and I had to do tasks for the nazis, but also in the process I was trying to break out one of the other prisoners.

It was pretty intense, the dream was so real that I cried in my dream multiple times after murdering people for the nazis. When I woke up I was like what the fuck just happened?

It was a pretty epic dream though xD

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Offlineoptyks
Stoned Soliloquy

#12226872 - 03/18/10 07:48 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

I had a sweeeeeet dream a few weeks ago.

I dreamt I was leaving my night class going to my car. I got in and my window was somehow sitting sideways in the door. At that point I realised I was dreaming, so i said fuck driving.

I got out ot my car and started flying around. It was SO awesome.

I then proceeded to my bedroom with a girl of my dreams and fucked her :laugh:

I wish I could control dreams more! :frown:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order