Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Rotten bird seed
    #1220919 - 01/15/03 09:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am letting bird seed sit in water and now the water has this yuky film on the top and it smells rotten? Id this horrible or will it be fixed once I sterilize it? :mad:

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Rotten bird seed [Re: wikedanjel]
    #1220932 - 01/15/03 09:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

how long has it been soaking? it would take *at least* a couple/few days to actually start rotting.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1220935 - 01/15/03 09:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

How long has it been soaking?

If you leave it too long it will start to ferment; it shouldn't be a problem after sterilization though.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleEthnoJimmy
Voyage thegalaxy

Re: Rotten bird seed [Re: dog]
    #1221009 - 01/15/03 10:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Measure out your seed in the morning before you go to work/school, or in the evening before you go to bed. As soon as you come home again or wake up, you strain and PC. An 8 hour day or night is time to absorb the water it needs.
I tend to give it a good rinse while I drain too...may be my imagination, but it seems to make them clump less

--------------------
Don't walk behind me, I will not lead?
Don't walk in front of me, I will not follow?
Just walk beside me and be a friend.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Re: Rotten bird seed [Re: EthnoJimmy]
    #1221233 - 01/15/03 11:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Measure out your seed in the morning before you go to work/school, or in the evening before you go to bed. As soon as you come home again or wake up, you strain and PC. An 8 hour day or night is time to absorb the water it needs.
I tend to give it a good rinse while I drain too...may be my imagination, but it seems to make them clump less   

8 hours??? oh so that means I can PC them already  :grin: really? what does anyoen else think.

So I dont need to add any water when I PC? them... at 15 PCI for 1 hour and a half should be just about right! :blush: please I hope someone answers this quick so I can getto work then.

Note: I had some bird seed in a plate that was wet and I forgot to poor it back into the water... I noticed that it grew some white fuzz but ONLY on the sunflower seed... and once i removed them the other seeds didnt smell. In other words Ive come to the conclusion that I dont want sunflower seed in my jars because after seeing that Im worried about contamination problems

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Edited by wikedanjel (01/15/03 11:08 AM)

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1221278 - 01/15/03 11:24 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

8 hours??? oh so that means I can PC them already  really?

If it's been over 8 hours, yes.
Quote:

So I dont need to add any water when I PC? them 

No
Quote:

I dont want sunflower seed in my jars because after seeing that Im worried about contamination problems 

Some people leave them in, some don't. They float so they are easy to remove while soaking.  :laugh:

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains