Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003?
    #1219442 - 01/14/03 09:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace in 2003?
North Korea
Iraq
The United States

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #1219480 - 01/14/03 09:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Which group poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003?
Communist
Capitalist

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: Dilauded]
    #1219493 - 01/14/03 10:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Which group poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003?

Capitalist.. At least with Communist you know what the person making the decisions is thinking..

Capitalist/democratic Nobody knows just who is really calling the shots.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineDilauded

Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1219500 - 01/14/03 10:30 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In Communism govt controls everything, the media, the land, the industry, and the people. Therefore, you can be brainwashed easily by govt propaganda b/c they do own the media, rather than in the US where some media reports the news and most is bias. If you lived in Soviet Russia and protested their views, you'd be dragged out of your sleep and never seen again. At least in Capitalism you have FREEDOM OF SPEECH, something Communism doesn't have.

Dilauded

Edited by Dilauded (01/14/03 10:31 PM)

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #1219502 - 01/14/03 10:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

KENTUCKY

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1219518 - 01/14/03 10:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You are free to watch whatever channel of unbiased, non-government influenced Television that you wish.(sarcasm!!) You are free to buy whatever they have decided to sell you, You are free to do and think whatever you are told. (They are so good at it you think you are making decisions all by yourself, and arriving at your considered opinions all by yourself...sadly you are not)

At the end of the day you love capitalism so much because you've been told to love it. You could have been raised to love Sadaam if circumstances had been different.

Its all bullshit at the end of the day.

just keep repeating that and you should be fine.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Edited by GazzBut (01/15/03 01:39 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1219621 - 01/15/03 01:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"In Communism govt controls everything, the media, the land, the industry, and the people. Therefore, you can be brainwashed easily by govt propaganda b/c they do own the media, rather than in the US where some media reports the news and most is bias. If you lived in Soviet Russia and protested their views, you'd be dragged out of your sleep and never seen again. At least in Capitalism you have FREEDOM OF SPEECH, something Communism doesn't have."

Well, that has nothing to do with world peace though. The americans seem to be doing a better job at creating conflict than North Korea and Iraq combined.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1219747 - 01/15/03 02:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well have you got any bright ideas for something better than capitalism? You certainl seem to have a lot of insight into issues which the rest of the world does not. Perhaps you could enlighten us all?

P.S. (sarcasm!!)

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1219805 - 01/15/03 02:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You've got your freedom of speech(just be careful what you say), but what about freedom of thought!Young children will not have much in the way of that if things continue.The media here is controlled by those with an agenda. Those with the money. those that want you and I to become mindless consumers.Think about it.The ad where the toys r us girrafe is reading those two children a bed time story from a toy catologue.They want to raise your children.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: sirreal]
    #1219821 - 01/15/03 03:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First of all in this world there is never any freedom, u are caged into a small life.

The country that poses more threats is USA, they kill and kill if anything is unlike theirs, they have to start minding their own business and not making decisions for the rest of the world, noone respects them to make them a "God" of this world.

Freedom of speech and to live anyway u want is gone. In the constitution it talks about god but what about Athiest, Buddhists and so on. Plus if you imigrate to the USA you must take the I think it is the SOmething of allegiance, stating "As god as my witness i will fellow the rules of this land as the Lord(Implying jesus or god) has said they should be. And there are a few more things. Such as on your money it says "In God we trust." so yeah.

We will never have freedom just the emotion and the lessening freedoms of the present. 100 Years and we will have all been killed by the rednecks and idiots like George Bush.

Edited by FocusHawaii (01/15/03 03:02 AM)

Anonymous

#1219835 - 01/15/03 03:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Improperly framed question, Eric.

This is like asking:

My enjoyment:
I like to suck things in a homosexual way.
I like to kill people.

In logic it is caused the fallacy of the excluded middle.

The biggest threat to world peace is not a country. It is a region called the Middle East. It has been that way since the world decided to make war with each other. I would roughly guesstimate since 1901.

But thanks for asking.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1219840 - 01/15/03 03:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well for starters I'd like to see a change from top down hierrarchy to something more along these lines

http://wie.org/j22/hockintro.asp - (Its an interview with the founder of Visa)

Secondly, if people werent so selfish and greedy we would be fine. How that changes, I dont know. Sadly the greed game is part of the perpetual illusion we spend most of our time in. It is perpetuated all the way up and down the hierrarchy, especially by those sleepy sheep who are enjoying the dream most.

Im pretty sure in time we will collectively move past greed and discussions about the merits of captialism v communism will seem ludicrous. If we dont the future is none to rosy.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Anonymous

#1219847 - 01/15/03 03:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly. Well put.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Which country poses the greatest danger to world peace 2003? [Re: ]
    #1219856 - 01/15/03 03:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The biggest threat to world peace is not a country. It is a region called the Middle East. It has been that way since the world decided to make war with each other. I would roughly guesstimate since 1901.

Id have to disagree with you there. It is not the middle east that is the problem it is the interventions of the west into the affairs of the middle east that is the threat to world peace.(Apologies if this is what you meant) I would say it has been a problem since around the end of World War I when Iraq was given to the British. Followed shortly by the unjust creation of the Jewish state.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1219880 - 01/15/03 03:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What makes you so sure that human nature will change?Who or what is going to initiate this change? I am not trying to be argumentative,sorry if it sounds like it.I just think greed is a pretty powerful thing.Very much a part of our nature.I dont see us "moving past it" unfortunately.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (01/15/03 04:03 AM)

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1220089 - 01/15/03 05:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I read that article about the founder of visa. He is talking about globalism.Or a means to it! Not a bad idea in and of itself.Extremely logical. But the idea that a financial institution like visa does not have an agenda is rediculous!!! Globalization is there agenda.Think about it.

--------------------
-----------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1220633 - 01/15/03 08:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well Im not 100% sure we will change! I'd say im at about 70% right now. The way I see it the change wont be initiated by anyone in particular, it will just emerge. More and more people are stepping outside of the greed trip, really thinking about others before themselves and not just for some ego massage. Sure these people are still greedy, in little ways, but not when it really matters. Of course, there are many more for whom greed is the real driving force. But hopefully the balance can tip. At the end of the day it either will or it wont, all you can really do is express those values yourself in every aspect of your own life and maybe it will spead like a rampant virus!

Quote:

Extremely logical. But the idea that a financial institution like visa does not have an agenda is rediculous!!! Globalization is there agenda.Think about it.

Are you saying globalisation is a bad thing of itself? I have no problem with large organisations that act openly and transparently and above all fairly its just I cant think of any right now! I know Visa have their own agenda but Dee Hock left Visa a long time ago. He refined the ideas in the interview over a period of time whilst restoring acreage around his ranch! It just comes down to greed, take away greed and why would any corporation knowingly disadvantage anyone?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1220714 - 01/15/03 08:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I absolutely think globalization is a terrible thing when left to corp. like visa! They will say anything to get us to go along with thier programs! They are sheeps in wolves clothing. There ultimate goal is to put a visa card in everyones pocket!You better believe it! Our banks are corrupt to the core. Research the fed. reserve.This guy founded a financial institute.Like sheep to the slaughter!Please do not take this personally,I am not arguing.I see you are a thinker,so please think about this.

--------------------
-----------

OfflineDilauded

#1220718 - 01/15/03 08:43 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well you seem to sound like a genious. I've come to realize your words make just as much sense as my words do to you. You have a different view of life, I don't share that same view.

I know what this thread needs....

Dilauded

Edited by Dilauded (01/15/03 09:32 AM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1220722 - 01/15/03 08:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think you meant to say "Wolves in Sheeps clothing"...lol.  :wink:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order