Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Tripping in the cold; A dilemma [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1228316 - 01/18/03 08:29 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

whenever I go outside on psychedelics and its really cold, I kinda dance around to keep moving to stay warm :wink: :smile: Have fun today man!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Tripping in the cold; A dilemma [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1228657 - 01/18/03 11:21 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yeah have a nice trip :smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinehuboldium
Re: Tripping in the cold; A dilemma [Re: T0aD]
    #1229932 - 01/18/03 09:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

wear your normal clothes, plus fleece pants and a fleece jacket, then a winter jacket on top, go to your tripping location and climb into a nice thick sleeping bag for the duration of the trip, you will be quite warm like this

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping in the cold; A dilemma [Re: Grav]
    #1230153 - 01/19/03 01:36 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ok with you guys' support, I went for it :smile:

At about 2:00 in the afternoon I got dropped off at a public woods area in my neighboring town.
It was cold, but not that cold because the sun was still up.  I trudged off the path and up to a little roost on a hill and ate my 5 grams with some orange juice.

Then I jumped back onto the path and walked a ways and found a frozen up dam that overlooked a large area, had a nice view. The sun was getting closer to the horizon, and after meditating a little bit, I started to come up fast.

I was getting some beautiful visuals looking down into the snowy ravine, and felt a certain sense of aloneness in nature that made me feel powerful. 

Every 15 minutes or so someone would walk by and I would stop staring blankly into space and pretend to do stretches or something.

But,  then as the sun was going down, it got a lot colder. And, as phluck warned, I had no "backup"... I was miles from any door I was comfortable knocking on.  But shit, I was freezing my nadz off.  I had dressed warm enough for the day, but apparently not the night.  These gloves kinda sucked too. Shit!

So off I go, it's about 5:00, and I'm jogging across town tripping my balls off, right next to rush hour traffic. Miles and miles I ran, I only stopped once or twice to try and figure out where I was.  It's weird how unfamiliar a town can get when your tripping.

Atleast I was warm running though, hehe.
So I run fuckin like 4 or 5 miles back to my town, laughing at how all the cars look like busy insects buzzing around.  I had to cross this really busy intersection.  All those cars were just breathing eagerly, waiting to strike out into the road...  a little law in a book somewhere was all that seperated me from death by motorist.

Well after it had become very dark, and after I knocked on the wrong fuckin door and had some old guy get all freaked out at me, I got to my friends' apartment and got to chill out there the rest of the night with warm heat, strobe lights and Tool on the stereo, so it was all good in the end, and even though it was a complete mess, I felt very accomplished afterwords. I felt like a warrior.

Thanks guys, if it hadn't been for you, I woulda just been sittin in a room all night doing the same old. :smile:

Next time I am taking it easy though.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1230192 - 01/19/03 02:25 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

hehehe :smile: strange how you could run lol at 3 grams gooood shrooms I cant talk :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1230575 - 01/19/03 08:18 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I was tripping outside once, and during tripping i was trying to warm myself, but its almost impossible too. i mean when you cold tripping, you get soooooooooo cold and you just can't warm yourself, until i go inside.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1230632 - 01/19/03 08:42 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

oh I was a little tipsy but I made good time.

cars were flyin past me like a couple feet away, but i felt in control of the situation somehow, like i would be able to tell if a driver had it in for me and I'd have enough time to dramatically dive into the snowbank.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1231004 - 01/19/03 12:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like you had a nice adventure :grin:

Offlinelvleph
mathematicalidiot

Re: Tripping in the cold; A dilemma [Re: stefan]
    #1231354 - 01/19/03 03:11 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I have this jacket that I got when I was in the Navy. It was used for when we go to the artic. I wear that everytime I shroom in the cold. It is great.

--------------------
"Man was born free and is every where in chains."

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
    #1296356 - 02/10/03 12:11 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

lol, I remember when I went to cross country practice stoned for the first time.. I didn't feel like doing SHIT. And people were talking to me about drugs and I was just all casual about it... Looking back it was stupid but hey, that's how you learn eh.

Tripping in the cold should be alright as long as you've got lots of shit to put on. You can curl yourself up in a sleeping bag and have fun rolling around in it :wink:

I remember I was stoned one time and looking at snow coming down and covering everything... Goddam that was beautiful, I can't even imagine how beautiful it must be on booms.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Tripping in the cold; A dilemma [Re: Parabol(a)]
    #1308196 - 02/14/03 02:16 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

BE FUCKING CAREFUL.

I remember a while back I read a trip report here about somebody who's friend died out in the snow on mushrooms

I also read that one.Where they drove to the park right...Anyways i'd say if you are taking a dose that you know you can handle then go for it.

--Mike

I ALSO remember that one...

...shitty, thats why I NEVER go out in the cold here (new york negative 15 - positive 30 degrees) I'll stay inside and look out the window ^_^

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #1310293 - 02/15/03 06:42 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Jesus, congrats on running 5 miles tripping balls! Must've felt like a HUGE accomplishment when you finally got to your buddy's place

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports