Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
crappy spore syringes from the spore lab
    #1217241 - 01/14/03 08:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I recently purchased 3 spore syringes from captain max at the spore lab. At first I was happy because they were shipped over to me quite fast and the price was right (3 syringes for $20 bucks Canadian). But once I opened the package I was disapointed. Two of the syringes had big air bubbles in them that took up two cc's of spore water. I also noticed there was barely any spores in the syringe( I counted about 3-5 visable spore clumps in each syringe) About 2 weeks ago I used the syringes and I still dont see any growth in my jars. I think the jars are slow because of the lack of spores in the solution. Anyways I wouldnt reccomend buying from the spore lab. Ive ordered from the hawks eye and spore chicks before and in my opinion spending the extra money on a spore print is well worth it.

I also heard captain max is banned from the shroomery, so what does that tell you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: crappy spore syringes from the spore lab [Re: Blu Spore]
    #1218152 - 01/14/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ive also heard some questionable shit about this capt. max guy. i personally have never dealt with him but from what ive read i probably never will !  - that sucks about the shitty syringes jimmy, hopefully they will turn out o.k. - post his ass on the bad traders forum !    :frown:  :frown: 

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1218472 - 01/14/03 03:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I can understand that you are upset, but ...

"I think the jars are slow because of the lack of spores in the solution"  ??

Most spores are microscopic, you WILL NOT see them.  And depending on who you ask, there is no difference between a dark syringe or a clear one (clear meaning you can't see many spores).  Which actually are clumps of thousands if not millions of spores.

I'm not saying that there wasn't a problem with the syringes, but what was you inoculation method?  Did you flame sterilze the needle of the syringe?  Is so, you may inoculated too quickly and the heated needle killed the spores???

Point is, you may have better luck if you privately speak to the folks at the lab  :grin:  If anything, they'll just send you some more for free? 

I hope everything works out for you.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: crappy spore syringes from the spore lab [Re: Lana]
    #1218665 - 01/14/03 04:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Somebody told me that vendor is actually good, they got bad syringes at first but when they asked about it he sent them replacements.

--------------------
]

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1219237 - 01/14/03 07:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have to agree with Lana here, how dark the syringes are is not the most important thing IMO.

Captain Max will most certainly take care of you if you have syringes that are dud's, but I wouldn't assume that since it wasn't dark that it was no good.

One of the first syringes I ordered was from a place in Amsterdam when I lived in Iceland; and it was totally clear! I couldn't see nearly anything in the syringe, but it worked perfectly for me.

Just contact Max directly, I'm sure he'll make things right.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1219526 - 01/14/03 11:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The visible amount of spores has little to do with the colonisation speed.
How did you prepare your jars and what?s the temperature you are storing them at?

>I also heard captain max is banned from the shroomery, so what does that tell you?
He wasn?t banned for bad syringes....

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: crappy spore syringes from the spore lab [Re: Anno]
    #1220129 - 01/15/03 05:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, I probably should have made this a private matter between me and max but where's the fun in that?(joking) I know spores are microscopic and there could be millions in one 'clump' but I'm used to making my own syringes which are dark with spores. I was more disapointed with the huge air bubbles in the spore lab syringes than with the spore count anyways. I prepared my jars the same way I've always done them: haft brown rice flour and haft millet flour, pressure cooked for 45 minutes, the jars sat over night, flame sterilize the needle and cooled it down with sterile water on a paper towel (I've always done this) and they are currently being heated by a lizard hot rock. Thats about all I can tell you exept that I opened one of the jars today and it didnt smell contaminated. I have no idea what went wrong.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: crappy spore syringes from the spore lab [Re: Anno]
    #1220217 - 01/15/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First off i think its bullshit how someone would post here about his syringes being duds instead of dealing with the vendor himself.  :mad: If you had talked to max he would replace your syringe.  I live in Vancouver and max is real close, he was the first person I ordered from and i have had nothing but success with his products.  It is not fair to trash his product because of one experience you didn't even bother to resolve, especially when he is not here to defend himself. :tongue:

I have a dozen jars colonising right now with tapalpa, koh samui, and equador....all from S.L.  The mycelium is very healthy and aggresive, out of 15 jars only 3 were contaminated.  I had a hard time trying to find a vender with prices to match his as well, and hes the only person whom i have sent cash to and not been ripped. :smile:  He was very prompt with my order and delivered in record time.  Im not saying hes gods gift to cultivators.  In fact one of his matis romero syringes looked clear and never germinated, I sent him a email and within 3 days had it replaced and he even threw in an extra!  It's a fluke that i even saw this post as i rarely even come to this forum but this kind of ignorant post upsets me. :shocked:

Jimmyworm, his being banned from the shroomery tells me nothing, as that is the result of what happened not the facts. DSD, you should have more than hearsay before you go telling  people to put the guy in the bad vendor list.  Honestly, i think its pretty lame when someone makes a post, trashes a vendor,  and advertises for another one, without even thinking about fixing his problem, especially when that vendor is descent and unable to give his side!  Post like these should be deleted, unless someone has an actual complaint! :mad:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#1220275 - 01/15/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: crappy spore syringes from the spore lab [Re: Thor]
    #1221372 - 01/15/03 11:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Cool, Thor - I think it's cool for you guys to step up for the Captain in the areas where he's a good businessguy even though he's no longer an Official vendor.

God, why can't more forums of this sort have the kind of vibe you have here?  :cool:

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: crappy spore syringes from the spore lab [Re: valour]
    #1224947 - 01/16/03 09:44 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Although Captain Max was a wanker, banning him is draconian and silencing anyone from a sight based on growing mushrooms is pretty sad.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #1225051 - 01/16/03 11:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yeah, I probably should have made this a private matter between me and max but where's the fun in that?(joking)

Yeah you should have.

This thread has run it's course.

click!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck