Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
All hail the super-psychopath * 1
    #12187222 - 03/11/10 11:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Today I crystalized a concept into a communication.

My message is easy, but the communication style is the trick that gives it power.

We have choices. We call them freedoms.  But we are limited to a list of freedoms we accept as realistic, moral, legal, or otherwise personally and/or socially acceptable.

That Is an illusion.

In reality, We are masters of choice.  We chose what gives us the greatest rewards, always, no exceptions.  We are conditioned towards behaviors that stimulate our brains to reward us chemically, We ALWAYS chose the path that best suits our quest for rewards, even if that path is evil, if it conflicts with sensibilities. For we have a secret talent.

We project our realities upon our world.  Not to better preceive our surroundings, Not to better understand ourselves, But SOLEY and ABSOLUTELY to better expose ourself to, and receive that which triggers the reward response.

That is all.

It is the quality that begot us,  The conditioning that evolved us, our purpose.

We cannot see the very landscape in which we dwell, for it is entirely of our own construct,  fitting our expectations, and serving our needs, It is limited only in how we limit ourselves from becomming free of it.

The only way we overcome the dominion of this spectre of desire is to project the reality that a greater reward lies beyond it's boundries,  And thus do we create spirituality, limited of course, like always, by how we limit ourselves from becomming free of it.

We escape into another cage, that we can feel free to be rewarded within the limitations of both.  We convolute our resolve to be free of the responsibility for our own captivity.  And thus we run ourselves afoul of eachother by proxy.  The proxy of mankind.  The quality we blame for our individual failings.   

That proxy, That quality, That collective, rewards us.

Look upon the things we do, try to see the reward without striving to obtain it.

Scrutinize the quality of comfort, Look to the lack therof.  Feel the sick black  reward of pestilence.  look upon the suffering and rejoice.

It is a system, and "rewards" are a survival mechanism that has overeached,  We have projected a system of rewards to subjegate many, to raise up a few,  This is natures way.
We are a species that is diverging, and our diseases target the poor, marginalized, and downcast.

I look around, I see, hobbies, collected items, food packages, technology, pets, furniture, shelter clothing, etc.  Things any of us would see in our computer room, rewards.  Not shown is the feculant sea of e-waste  the strip-mines, the abatoirs, the slums on the banks of a sewer, the fell forests.  The cost of all these nice things that I am rewarded to believe I paid for.  I am rewarded to belive I own.

Now I reward myself with some hypocritical oath of self-sacrifice and affirmation of awareness.  I haven't got a goddamn benevolent bone in my body, And I reward myself for being smart enough to know that.

Give yourself a pat on the back for being empathetic, and understanding addiction.
Because addict, you are.

There is nothing we are capable of for the sake of anything but a personal reward.

But that's not bad.  That's life.  That's the basics behavior. 

If you are the sort who holds to the rewarding idea that something exists outside our system of rewards,  Then perhaps you too, feel ultimately unrewarded by all the things we create to reward ourselves with.

I feel myself drawn away from awareness by rewards.  So much so that I cannot find a way back, for the endevor is hampered by the expectation that the result will somehow be rewarding.

They say psychopaths lack empathy,  psychopaths believe they are free of the illusion of empathy that makes others vunerable.

A psychopath has no interest in unprofitable relationships with others.  A psychopath can replace the rewards triggered by intimacy, with the stimulation of violence, the sadistic pleasure of the preditor.

I feel like the construct we are feeding with our desire for rewards is reflecting the image of a super-psychopath.  Theres no point in anthropomorphizing a quality that is made of the collective human agenda.  Though many have tried.
This devil of details.

The super psychopath.

This, for all it's pretense and pomp, counts among wisdom.  And It can be used to a rewarding end.....  Let us not forget that charity is also rewarding.  It can be done in spite of how it conflicts with our normal quest for materially-triggered rewards.

We need to seek such rewards, and awknowlage them, or be swallowed up by the super psychopath.

Today a friend told me about how he acted a certain way, not a good way, a "dickish" way, and it worked well for him, He had friends, and fun.  Then, suddenly when he showed feeling, or became himself, his friends dissappeared, faded away. 

I chewed on it, and frankly I'm guilty of playing a role or two myself, usually the fool.

But I'm no fool, and he is no dick.  We just act that way because we are rewarded for it.

Suddenly we weren't wearing our masks, nor were we consuming our self-medications.

We were suddenly individuals, and suddenly more a common mind than ever.

A billion faces, a billion acts.

A billion grains of sand begins to look like a single beach.

I feel like there's something telling me what to think.  That is, to say, I KNOW there is; media, advertizements, propiganda, etc.  And some follow so easily.
But I feel unwilling, and unwitting, To respectively resist, and follow the super psychopath, For my own good and the good of my family.  For I fear that If I look away from the manufactured reward, I will incurr the manufactured punishment.
Which, without reasonable cause, It seems, despite my best efforts, I am more and more every day, exposed to.  We call it "hard times"  Although, A child could never tell the difference.  For the conditioning is not yet complete.

I actually feel guilt for exposing my child to the SAME "hard times" that effect me but not her.  I feel like I'm supposed to give her every opportunity to be consumed by the consumer she will become.

Oh fuck, I'm done for now.  I'm starting to convolute my resolve to be free of the responsibility for my own captivity..... proving my own point while veering trajically away from it and yadda yadda yadda...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: Mitchnast] * 1
    #12187255 - 03/11/10 11:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This... is inevitability.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: deCypher]
    #12187284 - 03/11/10 11:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:

Plus 

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
It is the quality that begot us,  The conditioning that evolved us, our purpose.

EQUALS

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#12187286 - 03/11/10 11:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You're gonna get banned from the matrix, man.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#12187297 - 03/11/10 11:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh boy, more sensless hard times.

Maybe next time will be cancer.

OfflineSilverSwami
Mystical Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: NSW
Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12187318 - 03/11/10 11:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

awesome!

--------------------
Yes.

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#12187908 - 03/12/10 02:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think i get what you're saying..
i wont ever have kids and im definitely going to try and avoid 'accidents'

if that all works out how i wanted .. cool.
but i dont feel rewarded by it. I just look at it as a situation that didn't bother me and so many things bother me , to be honest and i dont think its because im easily bothered. :bigjoint:

I think this world we experience is conditioned by certain rules.
Some can be broken , but the really important ones cant and you have all these people acting upon this collective image of what our rewards should be ..
and we all compete for them.

I think that resembles the games we play.

:tensegrin:

this level is getting boring.

i dont even care for rewards anymore.. i just try to avoid frustrating circumstances as much as i can.
i feel like we only have a certain amount of experiences available , and most of them seem either too boring or require a lot of work..
and i dont like working..
it frustrates me.

i dont like repeating anything..
i dont like repeating anything..

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

OfflineTony
Stranger

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: SilverSwami]
    #12188062 - 03/12/10 02:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Escapist spirituality = be the reward beyond rewards. Bodhisattvic spirituality = teach others escapist spirituality. Everything else = seek reward/avoid punishment. :scat:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: jivJaN]
    #12188087 - 03/12/10 03:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you are getting rewards all the time.
your internet access, your ability to chose dissent,
your ability to avoid frustrating situations.

immagine if you lived in a pool of liquid shit being chewed on by rats.....some people do, after they are no longer healthy enough to mine our silica and harvest the bananas you can buy.  People suffer in third world nations while we crave the next bigscreen.

You are rewarded for being ignorant.  The reward is a feeling of well-being. you are rewarded for exploiting poorer nations by a higher standard and the ability to avoid knowing it.

You are rewarded by not having to think or make decisions that matter.

It's quite comforting to be one of the "free", heck, it's enough to just think so.

Sometimes I feel like I would rather lose my mind and fall into milky haze, be unburdened by the shadows of all the combined evils that conspire together to offer me rewards for enabling them to operate and grow.  Then I realize, that people already do this, they are all around us, some of whom we love, and we will eventually take their place. and so on.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: Mitchnast]
    #12188091 - 03/12/10 03:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Bliss is Ignorance.

--------------------

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#12188113 - 03/12/10 03:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I actually come from a third world country.

and other parts of your post push me to further argue with you.
but i dont care.
you have too many false assumptions if your use of the word 'you' is directed at me.

:bigjoint:

--------------------

---------------------

They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#12188163 - 03/12/10 03:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My assumptions are accurate. You just aren't sure of what they are.
Im holding you merely to a fundimental human standard.
If you think you are anything more or less than a standard human....
then you are consequently indeed more a standard human than ever.
You'll just have to deal with it, by not really dealing with it,
In typical standard human fasion.
Kudos on the lack of conviction though,  If it matters, apathy is rewarding too.
Perhaps you aren't clear on what "reward" means, in a chemical/behavioral sense.
It's indisputable that your mind, for all it's complexities, can be described as simply as "reward oriented"  The complexities are up to you, in whatever rewarding fasion you chose.
If you chose an unrewarding understanding, you did so consciencely, and therefore are rewarded in a sence of will. and are inescapably yourself, in spite of however you hope to swing it.

Face it, you can't just chose to be a duck, ducks are born, not chosen.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #12188531 - 03/12/10 07:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr. Cypher said:

The only choice is the choice of the cell block, maximum or minimum security.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: Icelander]
    #12189966 - 03/12/10 12:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's indisputable that your mind, for all it's complexities, can be described as simply as "reward oriented"  The complexities are up to you, in whatever rewarding fasion you chose.

How true... how unlimited such a statement is.
ANYTHING can be rewarding.

Pain can be rewarding (and is for quite a few masochists)
Pain can be completely detrimental to quality of life as well.

How the hell does that work?

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: Kickle]
    #12190055 - 03/12/10 01:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The longer I live the more I believe we experience most of what we think about. And I also suspect we are not nearly as in control of those thoughts initially as we might believe. It just gets stranger and stranger until you feel like the stranger.:crazy2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: Icelander]
    #12190329 - 03/12/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with degree of control.
The masochist controls the pain, and I think gets their kicks in part out of that sense of control.
The one who is in chronic pain that is beyond their control, gets the opposite effect.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: Kickle]
    #12190338 - 03/12/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I tend to agree.  Sex is power at a very fundamental level.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#12190361 - 03/12/10 01:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If I'm remembering Grof correctly, he claims that asphyxiation during sex is related to the asphyxiation some (most?) experience during birth.

--------------------

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#12191240 - 03/12/10 04:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ok
lets do this.

Quote:

My assumptions are accurate. You just aren't sure of what they are.

i think you're the one that isn't very sure.
i think you kinda gamble with this stuff hoping that you'll be right , and then WOW - this guy knows.

well.. wrong person you have found to gamble with.
you don't really wanna try and read into me too much.

i encourage your bravery and honesty though.

Quote:

If you think you are anything more or less than a standard human....
then you are consequently indeed more a standard human than ever

you using the word STANDARD is the same as saying better or worse.
the notions are codependent.

am i a standard human ?

well.. i am  nothing you could conceptually wrap your mind around.
you can figure out how that fits on that scale that you have created or adopted from elsewhere.

you can go on and on about the brain , but you would be inspecting only that.
the brain.

this is something i do not identify with. You might notice behavioral patterns here and there , and i commend you for your ability to spot these patterns. Very useful ability if not the most important one.

But there is an entirely different dimension under all the mental and physiological  workings so many of us are slaves of and i have found myself residing there.

I am not the role i play in this game and  while you reward yourself for being aware of the properties and attributes these 'characters' possess you fail to be aware of your own identity beneath that and accordingly , succeed at projecting this futility on others.

You are stuck in these cycles of thought that seem to be unbreakable due to your ability to notice patterns that reveal an overwhelming amount of people choosing to identify with falsity - with the mind made identity and the reality it imposes on itself and others.

You have upgraded.. but you are still running the same OS

eventually it crashes..
either because you overheat the pc with your excessive , repetitive thinking or you choose to burn it all down with a stick that burns itself.

When this happens to you , you will begin to notice the slight anomalies within the system.
You will see that no matter how much we know and understand the brain , we are still unpredictable as ever.

In this system , the mind , the brain .. runs shit.
It controls everything down here... everything else.. that is mind made.

See beneath that...
over that..
or within that..

doesn't matter.
just observe its transparency..
soon enough.. the brain  , will have to modify as it find itself no longer behind the wheel.

It never really was.
That is the illusion ,my friend.

Quote:

Face it, you can't just chose to be a duck, ducks are born, not chosen.

I Face it.
All of it.

And it all seems like facing  the mirror.

Maybe ducks are born , not chosen.
But i can choose to be a duck regardless.

It would qualify as an interesting experience , if it weren't for this feeling, that i have already been there and done that.

Now.. even this human experience is getting me weary.
It is time for an experience where the mind , is no more complex than the vehicles we now drive - and we're all pro mechanics.

The brains , reward oriented complexities are no longer of service to us , as existing itself is seen as a reward , we never even needed to deserve.

That's how i feel right now.
I don't need to deserve anything anymore , not from you people , not from anyone.
I know who i am , so fugg off.

And another one of your false assumptions is that this lead to apathy in my case..
and again you see this as a reward.

Could it be seen that way ?
sure.
i could easily convince myself  that reincarnation is an absolute truth , that i have been reincarnating here , much longer than what i was supposed to  and then follow to feel as if this life of little responsibility is a reward for the punishment i endure for even still being here.

But ..
i see it all before i even get the chance to believe it.
I see through it.

It is almost machine like.
Thats not me.

and like i said..
i get what you're saying.
but leave me out of the equation.
i don't fit.

And i openly acknowledge that the only thing even pushing me to write all of this and respond to you , is an ego pissed off because it is being talked down to.

But i take no real offense.
And while the program is running , i smile.
Because this.. is actually interesting.

You are my reward.
An interesting post and a unique perspective from a unique human being.
Not reiterations of an artificially intelligent brain.
Im tired of interacting with half asleep human , zombie .. droids !
and although  i  see the machine as a part of our experience and expression here , sometimes tiny slits of light can be seen through  the cracks.

And i just love crackED pots.

:bigjoint:

:peace:

--------------------

---------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: All hail the super-psychopath [Re: jivJaN] * 1
    #12196468 - 03/13/10 05:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The thing that really got me was when you said

"an ego pissed off because it is being talked down to."

I wasn't talking down to you, I was talking you, down to me.

If it suits you, you are free to chose to count yourself out. 
I'll not refer directly to you reguarding the matter, I will however refer to humanity
as a whole, which includes you, but for my purposes, we shall pretend it doesn't.
I do welcome you to participate however, friend.

anywho, Today at work I elaborated the following a bit on a scrap of paper.

Reward is the cause and effect of all behaviour.
Emotions and preceptions are the most basic and fundemental of all behaviors.
Not the cause, the cause is reward, alot of us think they are, however, counted among the causes of behavior.  We take that understanding for granted and hold these qualities of emotion and preceptions as involuntary.  An individual (other than jivJaN) indemnifies his passions, surrendering his will to them, and therefore, to the automation of the reward-behavior relationship.  He may preceive otherwise, but remember, perception, itself is a behavior, largely a matter of choice combined with conditioning, and therefore tied to reward.
This is why addiction is a reality. Why everyone has the potential for harmful addictions in spite of survivalism sensabilities.  Addiction is just a dirty word for "purpose" as "delusion" is a dirty work for "belief".
Purpose is the quality of why, and without purpose life could not exist.
Live is complex self-replicating chemicals,  It is therefore it's very own purpose.
Therefore Life equals purppose.
Since we project our realities upon our surroundings, we cannot see our addictions for what they are, We only adopt the purpose and confuse the subject of addiction with life.

"Addiction equals life"  I think we all could easily find examples of why this could be a truth to anyone, even if not aware of it.

Let us use opiate addiction as an example.

We know that opiates are addictive and expect we will be careful.  But this type of drug has a very special reward.  as we experiment with it, we are training ourselves to seek that reward, we create realities of control to govern our self-sensibilites to enable us to most effectively aquire and experience that reward.  the weekend (weakend) warrior.
not to be confused with his high-strung cousin, the tweakend warrior.

Opiates have a very persistant tolerance, over time, people become comfortable with higher doses, They still do it, they still know it's addictive, but still.... It's a reward.  And it is causing ALL SORTS of behaviour, including perception.  The once self-assured intelligent person has trained themself bt by bit to preceive the world differently.

Disillusionment is when our rewards suddenly stop being rewarding. An addiction is ALWAYS rewarding, without the subject of addiction, less reward is obtained from features found outside of that subject,  So other concerns steadily take on a lesser role.
Addicts become disillusioned with life.

again, addiction equals life.

Ever smoke?  hard to quit eh? why? think of it this way;

A smoker wants to quit, begins to abstain, and waits for the reward that never comes.
They wait for the health to come back, they wait to feel happy, they wait for all the good things they expect from self improvement.  But without any reward, they dont train themselves to be free from the reward they know.  The smoke, the stimulant.
SMoking, like any other addiction is a chosen dependancy indicative of a crested civilization.  WHen civilizations reach their end, all sorts of self-destructive behaviors and addictions appear.  WHen all the challanges of survival are replaced with conveniences and availability to the support of indulgences,  people dont feel rewards for just living....
When life stops being its own reward it loses purpose.
Addiction becomes life, life is purpose.

MAYBE this wisdom could help people overcome addiction, or even avoid it.

I think perhaps the quality of benevolence can be descibed as doing good things for the reward of having done them.  So life equals good. 

I don't want to give the impression that I'm badmouthing rewards.  rewards are, remember, the cause and effect of all behavior.  Forget the "want/need" argument, we REALLY DO need rewards.  We wouldn't exist without them.

I like to think life created itself with the purpose of the reward of having done so.

I'ts about the only reason I can think of that God would/could "love" us.  Because a quality of omnipotence, by logic, cannot be mistaken.  And here we are.

God or no, Life is no mistake. Forget what we can fathom with our limited minds,  Life is purpose.

More on that later, I've got some parenting to do.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order