Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLarrythescaryrexS
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Cryptozoology
    #1217945 - 01/14/03 01:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have always been kinda interested in this. If I didn't like history more, I think I might pursue a career in it. Either that or botany. Anway This is my post aboot it.

The "animal" I find the most interesting at least at the moment is the goat sucker, or El Chupacabra.

Starting at least as far back as mid 60's, and possible later, the goat sucker was reported to have appeared in puerto rico, Sightings drastically picked up in the mid 90's. There is animal would, as it name implies, leave dead goats, drained of blood. In just a few short years however, sightings spread to central american, and finally north american.

Locations for sightings include, chile, mexico, florida, so-cal, michigan, oregon, nicaugra, and as far way as australia.

The chilean government claims that NASA maybe involved with this, possibly having genetically engineered the animal. However I question why NASA would be doing something like that.

here is an exert that I have copied and pasted from TLC's website.

"Chilean Chupacabra a Mutant Bat, Says Veterinarian
May 6, 2000

CALAMA, Chile ? Chilean veterinarian Dawn Ramierz thinks the recent deaths of livestock in Chile could be the work of a genetically altered bat.

Ramirez examined 15 farm animals killed in a single attack. "Never in my 40 years as a veterinarian have I seen anything like this. I believe the attacks were the work of a mutated bat of great size," the veterinarian told Chile's news service EFE.

Ramirez believes such an animal could have been created utilizing the latest advances in genetics and biotechnology, pointing to the creation of new plant species and genetically altered crops as evidence it's already happened.

The veterinarian also emphasized that the 15 corpses she examined contained little or no blood. She also pointed to the lack of wounds on the animals, apart from small puncture marks near the jugular. Despite the relative lack of physical violence to the bodies, the cages and pens containing the animals were torn apart. "

In addition to that;

"Locals Say Chupacabra a NASA Experiment
May 28, 2000

CALAMA, Chile ? The Chilean news service EFE has been reporting that residents of Calama, a city in northern Chile, have been claiming that NASA took custody of the three Chupacabras reportedly captured by the Chilean army two weeks ago.

According to Cristian Riffo, director of one Chilean UFOlogy group, "Many persons ... have seen a kind of ape ... with human features but with very large eyes, who moves very quickly and in a zigzagging manner." The researcher goes on to say that an animal of these characteristics was hunted by the Chilean military in the vicinity of the Radomiro Tomic mine near Calama, an operation in which one soldier was purportedly killed.

"The gringos had at least three genetic experiments run away from them, and they've only been able to capture two of them," said Dagoberto Corante, a local architect.

"On the day that the event transpired, the military even closed the airport for several hours to enable the landing of a helicopter conveying American scientists," Corante told the EFE reporter, "although no one is quite sure why they had to close down an airport in order for a helicopter to function ... the fact has given rise to much speculation."

The Chilean military denied the reports, and when contacted, a NASA spokesman reacted with annoyance, comparing the claims to the "face on Mars" controversy. "

The easist explaination for all of this is wild dogs. However, just as no goatsucker has been found, neither have packs of wild dogs. Also the physical evidence simply is not consistant with dog attacks.

Of course it is insane to just blame NASA without at great deal of proof. Proof that I don't think has been shown.

Either some animal that is as of yet undiscovered is running about, or a new fantasy has embedded itself in the our collective imagination. It is really impossible to say at the moment.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Cryptozoology [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #1217992 - 01/14/03 02:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

wow...thats kinda cool...reminds me of the movie resdient evil...(yes i like that movie)

and you found this out on TLC? i should go there more often.

i think it's very possible that we have undecivered spicies on this earth, and mabey this is one of them....you never know right?

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflinetEarDroPsAlaModE
InterestingConcoction

#1218568 - 01/14/03 06:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I saw that documentary on TLC, but I believe the legend of the Chuparabra is older than NASA according to some of the Chilean residents.

--------------------
you have nothing unless you have nothing

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1218617 - 01/14/03 06:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah, that monster... I thought he was green with red beedy eyes that glow in the dark?

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1218636 - 01/14/03 06:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, nevermind...

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Cryptozoology [Re: David_Scape]
    #1221431 - 01/15/03 02:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

what the heck?!?! thats what it looks like?

oh my...thats pretty scarry.

i was lookin on tlc for some stuff about it, but couldn't find any, anyone know exactly wear to look?

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology