Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Acacia maidenii & dealbata
    #1217834 - 01/14/03 11:24 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have recently planted Acacia maidenii and  Acacia dealbata seeds (1 week). They have been planted in John Inns NO.2 Compost. No added heating. Some have germinated on wet tissue and will be placed in the soil.  Seeds were treated by poring boiling water over them and then left sitting in water for 24 hours. The seeds were then planted and placed next to a south facing window.

Germination on wet tissue:

Not much to see yet!!!:

Does anyone have any good tips on growing these

Updates to come as always... :laugh:

--------------------

Cactus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Acacia maidenii & dealbata [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #1218155 - 01/14/03 01:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Neat!  I may be looking into some acacias for my yard soon :smile:

But anyway....I dont have any firsthand experience with this species but have heard that they(most acacias) are sensitive to fertilizer until well established....something to do with their nitrogen fixing bacteria needing time to establish...may be something worth looking into further

good luck :grin:

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: Acacia maidenii & dealbata [Re: DazedSol]
    #1220463 - 01/15/03 07:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Those are the ones I sent you, eh? :wink:
  My oldest acacias are 8 months old, and I fertilised them the first time only when they were 4 months old.. they arctually don't specially need it... but the get potbound quite easily, that doesn't mean that the roots will grow everywhere, but after a moment they start to slow down, that's time to change pots.. they need some fairly large pots for their size.. the seedlings are no very demanding, good light, let the soil try a tiny bit before watering (the inner soil must be kept quite humid), a bit slow growing a first, but it nice to see the new set of leaves grow every week.. :smile: you will se how they grow, first those typical young acacia leaves, then some long ovale leaves... I love these plants!! :smile: :smile: :smile: 

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Re: Acacia maidenii & dealbata [Re: psylo33o]
    #1220559 - 01/15/03 07:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes those are the seeds you sent me :smile: psylo33o

Thanks for the advice. I will keep you all updated.

--------------------

Cactus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder