Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Stropharia.?
    #1217753 - 01/14/03 12:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I hope some maybe able to help me with my questions. I would of posted this in the mushroom id forum, but it seems that that forum is more towards wild mushrooms . To make a short story long. I bought some spores off of Ebay(mistake). Description said.. similar to Psilocybe "Stropharia" cubensis from Fanaticus. I use the PF TEK method. Worked great. They grew. I ate. They kicked ass. But...I have no idea what strain they are. This is the first time I have done this. From what i see Stropharia isn't a specific strain, or did Fanaticus used to sell a strain PF Stropharia. I have looked at alot of pictures of different strains on this site and others but none seem to look like the ones I have. I am posting a few pics of some youger ones. and some picked ones. I have been looking at pictures of all kinds of strains and I can't seem to match them up. One thing I have noticed is that they seem to bee a very deep reddish brown and after the caps open they all have white specs on the top of the cap that form a perfect cirlcle and the outer edge of the cap tend to curl up somewhat after the cap has been open for a while. I haven'e had a fruit over 6", but that could be because I am new at this. I am posting pictures that I have. I was going to post pics of the more mature ones, but the ones I just picked have dried too much and the spots dissapeared. So, if anyone has a clue to what strain this is please let me know. Thanks

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Stropharia.? [Re: motaman]
    #1217772 - 01/14/03 01:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Stropharia.? [Re: boxtop703]
    #1217815 - 01/14/03 01:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

all the photos look like pf classic to me except the last one. maybe i am wrong though :tongue:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1217829 - 01/14/03 01:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thank You Boxtop. I currently have moved from Ebay to TLG for my spore needs.

:smirk: 

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1217850 - 01/14/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

boxtop - awsome pictures by yachaj.
hamurabi - i'd be amazed if anyone can tell the difference between ps cubensis strains by appearance: maybe you got the knack.
motaman - so how were they to eat?

--------------------
buh

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: Stropharia.? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1218008 - 01/14/03 02:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well if you read a little about the strophoria strain on the PF site it says that it may have came from a normal PF cake that was sterilized using gamma radiation. I think you have strophoria, and Yes PF used to sell these they where the last strain they carried other than the PF classic before the went back to being a 1 strain company. I too havnt found any other sites that sell it so. TAKE A PRINT. SPREAD THE LOVE. KEEP THE STRAIN ALIVE.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Edited by BladeLSD (01/14/03 02:15 PM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Stropharia.? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1218086 - 01/14/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

As to your question Shirley Knott. I have been very impatient through this whole proccess. I ate two of them shortly after the veils broke. They weren't very big fruits. i would estimate they were 2" a piece. Bear with me. I am very anxious and this is my first time seeing these wonderous things grow. Felt a mild body buzz. and you know, things were alittle fuzzy. Second time I ate maybe twice that amount. Seen colors halos around people. Felt very fuzzy. I couldn't look at the kitchen floor. It is tile and has alot of lines. Looked as if the lines were floating. Third time. I ate the biggest ones that were on there, maybe one was 6" and another 4 or 5"s and some aborts. My brother ate around the same. Plus we ate some aborts. We ate those then when we were close to peaking we picked another off of the cake(each) maybe 2". If you look at the pictures the ones that are in hand are the ones I ate my third time testing them plus a few aborts and another small one I got off of the cake. In my estimation I ate maybe a little over an ounce wet. Well that increase gave me one very good experience. I have done acid many of times. I have done shrooms a few times. my brother has done neither.I dont like doing acid anymore because of things people cut it with tends to make me have a hard time breathing(bad trip). I have other problems that attribute to that(smoking). But so anyway this is why I love shrooms so much. Sorry had to explain. With this last time I saw great colors, extreme "good vibrations" and no bad side effects. From my experiences of tripping... good ones that is ..I would rate that last trip as a 3.5 - 4. Thanks for letting me bore you.

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1218096 - 01/14/03 02:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i wasn't bored, i love to read detail of people's trips. hmmm. that sounds ace. wish i could get there - i'll have to take a bigger dose.
:tongue:

--------------------
buh

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Stropharia.? [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1218126 - 01/14/03 03:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

kewl, i have a strophoria print on its way to me as we write  :smile:  (dont know if its the same tho he just calls it stroph) but yeah, johnny appleseed will spread it around .  :grin:
i know this isn't the spore trader thread, but does anybody out there have Peruvian strophoria ? if you do plz pm me     

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1218140 - 01/14/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I hope nobody minds if I quote from the link that Boxtop put down.

"(usually in bouquets of smaller potent mushrooms instead of a few weak large ones)"

This was typical on every cake

"no slimey veil remnants hanging from it), an extremely agressive mycelium, strong blueing of the flesh,"

This was also typical on every cake.

"But as anyone can see, the PF Stropharia looks very different from the PF Classic. It has scales on the cap while the PF Classic is smooth. It has a ring around the stem"

This kind of make me wonder. I did not see any scales on the cap. But seeing how I am new to this I 'm not sure by what they mean by "scales". Could someone define?

"The veil which protects the spores during the first stage of the mushroom growth sticks to the stem when he cap unfolds, leaving a ring. This looks like a belt"

I saw the ring, but but I did not see mushroom growth sticking to the stem. Maybe this happened overnight and I wasn't ther to see it? All that was visible was a blueish ring around the stem.

Anyone that can help me positively identify this strain please do. I am willing to send a spore print or syringe to help. But I have never even printed so I cannot guarantee sterility(I will try tho).

Also, I had alot of aborts. The amount of pins was massive. But so was the aborts. Apparently this strain is very sensitive to humidity. I say this because early on I misted too much (like a newbie) I started to get a lot of stiriped fat asses., and alot of aborts. Corrected the situation, Now, no more stripes. I'm waiting to see about the aborts.

Any input will help

Thanks

--------------------

Edited by motaman (01/14/03 03:20 PM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Stropharia.? [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1218171 - 01/14/03 03:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Blade.. If these are Stropharia.. well I really do want to " spread the spores" because if this is the case then.. correct me if I am wrong... this is a dying strain.

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1218442 - 01/14/03 05:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

From the replies I have received. Should I not bother printing this or should I print and try to continue this species.?

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1218583 - 01/14/03 06:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Weird, there is a genus VERY closely related to Psilocybe named Stropharia. Except species/mushrooms which fall under the Stropharia genus are inactive. I wonder why they would name a cubensis STRAIN after an unactive genus.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Stropharia.? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1218654 - 01/14/03 06:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This is what I am confused about AngryShroom. I understand what PF has said about their methods of realizing their strain.. but.. what strain did they try to mutate this from...and the description from what I purchased this strain was "similar to PF Stropharia from Fanaticus. From what I can determine is? Absolutely nothing..I am not very much familiar with this hobby.. but I plan to be..And I can see what I have and compare to what I can find....It compares to what PF used to offer under the name of "PF Stropharia"... but..now I'm not so sure. here is a link to what I came up for Stropharia.
http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/Stropharia/

I dont know..

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1219299 - 01/14/03 09:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Weird, there is a genus VERY closely related to Psilocybe named Stropharia. Except species/mushrooms which fall under the Stropharia genus are inactive. I wonder why they would name a cubensis STRAIN after an unactive genus. 

i wondered the same,
Yachaj describes; The meaning of PF "Stropharia"
The name PF refers to Psylocybe Fanaticus, the inventor of the substrate which this cubensis race seems to like best. Stropharia refers to the appearance of it. The veil which protects the spores during the first stage of the mushroom growth sticks to the stem when he cap unfolds, leaving a ring. This looks like a belt. Stropharia means Swortbelt in Greek.

i also found this interesting
http://user.intersatx.net/eliot/psilocyb.html

i want some of that  :grin:

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1219324 - 01/14/03 09:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think in the uk  cubensis grow kits are mainly called Stropharia.
Not sure why but im guessing its leagle reasons.
I.e Stropharia is known as inactive were as Cubensis
isnt :smile: so safer to post something labled as Stropharia

--------------------
er

Edited by G a n j a (01/14/03 09:30 PM)

OfflineWorkmanV
Psilocybe Microscopist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stropharia.? [Re: G a n j a]
    #1219824 - 01/15/03 05:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocybe cubensis was once named Stropharia cubensis because it resembles that genus more than Psilocybe. Older books and teks have the old name which causes the confusion..

If you look at mushrooms in the genus Stropharia, they all look very similar to P. cubensis with the exception that they do not blue and are not active. P. cubensis is the over-grown freak of the Psilocybe genus.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1221902 - 01/15/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would just like to thank everyone that helped me witht his post. Thanks.

I dont know if I can close this post myself.. so If not could a Admin please do so .

Thanks

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #1222111 - 01/15/03 08:03 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

np

closed...click!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation