Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-!
    #1214109 - 01/13/03 08:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The matrix reloaded, and The matrix Revolutions are both coming out in 2003, they like to call it the year of the matrix.

There alot of talk of spirituallity, philosiphy, and conusiosness talk at the matrix website --> click on philosiphy section, to get to the goods. www.whatisthematrix.com

I hear in this movie, there's lots of talk of the more spiritual side of jesus, budda, and kuasiu (or whoever it was).

The matrix has inspirded me to write a future thread topic about the secondn'd oming of christ!! Look for it,in about a week.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (01/13/03 08:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1214572 - 01/13/03 11:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

fucking sweet! i cant wait to see these movies, theres way too much code to decode the matrix :wink: hemauhameh. :smile: 

--------------------
What?

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1214812 - 01/13/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you can decode the matrix

take the red pill ()

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1216418 - 01/14/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Check out this site...

http://www.wynd.org/matrix.htm

And here's a tasty bit from the site...

"Where the Wachowskis could go from here is the most intriguing question of them all. They have stated that two more Matrix movies are on the way, but whether they will be prequels or sequels, or both, remains to be seen (the ideal thing would be one of each, since The Matrix shows us neither the ending nor the beginning of the story). There is potential here that verily boggles the mind. After all, as a holographic demi-god ? just one in a growing number, or coming race ? there is literally no limit to what Neo is capable of, in time. The objective would seem to be not simply ending the tyranny of the old program, but also the insertion of a new program into the old, to thereby make the transition possible; otherwise most humans (as the film points out) are simply not strong enough to make the leap, from blissful oblivion to hellish reality, without losing their minds in the process (the line between ?freeing? and ?losing? here is a fine one indeed). Since Neo and his fellow Illuminates are destined not merely to navigate and overthrow the Matrix, but actually to reshape it ? to reassemble its components into something more viable, something more open, something that leads to freedom ? their work is no longer simply that of terrorism. It is something infinitely more demanding, and whether the Wachowskis ? inspired as they are ? are capable of envisioning such a process of world initiation, only time will tell. It seems doubtful, unless they can successfully ignore the pressure, from the studios and the audience, and simply follow their own inspiration all the way, take as many risks next time around as they did this time, thereby coming up with something every bit as unexpected.

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: the_Landotter]
    #1216982 - 01/14/03 06:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

unless they can successfully ignore the pressure, from the studios and the audience, and simply follow their own inspiration all the way, take as many risks next time around as they did this time, thereby coming up with something every bit as unexpected.

That's what I think they should, and probably will do. Those bros need to stick to their guts and do what they feel needs to be done, not what public pressure deems necessary. These Matrix movies will blow Harry Potter and LOTR out of the water  :cool:

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: chodamunky]
    #1216997 - 01/14/03 06:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

These Matrix movies will blow Harry Potter and LOTR out of the water  :cool: 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I love the HP films and the LOTR as much as the next filmgoer, and I admit that the "message" of those movies is pleasant and inspiring... but there's something kinda worn-out about them.

Whereas the Matrix has ontological terrorism written right in!  These movies are the ultimate culture-jammers and they work so well as such because they use the tools of the culture.  The Matrix (and hopefully its successors) are high spiritual films disguised as brainless action movies!  It's revolution presented as eye candy!  Even if you don't "get it" consciously, it's message lodges in your hindbrain and the message is WAKE UP.  It's brilliant!

Let's all go see it twice. 

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

OfflineMeraok
swiming throughacedia

#1217141 - 01/14/03 07:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

This is what I think I know:
The matrix is a modern representation of Socrates' cave allegory (wirtten by Plato, of course). I think that this litterature is much better than anything hollywood could produce. So check it out and see what you get from that.

Of course, movies are entertaining, somewhat.

Edited by Meraok (01/14/03 07:34 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: Meraok]
    #1218758 - 01/14/03 04:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The matrix is a modern representation of Socrates' cave allegory (wirtten by Plato, of course).

Most certainly.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
Re: The Matrix - RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS, spiritu-, and philo-! [Re: Sclorch]
    #1218776 - 01/14/03 05:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

buy the book "the philosophy of the matrix"

really good book, all sorts of ideas about things the matrix could represent. well worth the 15 bucks.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order