Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
First time ever
    #12161 - 04/12/00 10:32 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I was just wondering, i just start my very first batch of jars for shrooms, and i beleive i followed ever step to the book...i super sterilized everthing and mixed the subtrate up proper, and innoculated with two spore syringes from PF... i Innoculated only yesturday (10th) but no growth has occured and I believe the jars look a little dry....any helpful hints from any of the pros? Or maybe can relieve my worries...I heard it takes 3 day for germination to begin and it has only been one and a half...maybe i'm just over zealous...thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First time ever [Re: TomInWonderland]
    #12162 - 04/12/00 10:49 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

this must be a new record, somebody waiting one day to see growth.. wow, whats next, 1 hour? 1 minute? 1 second? heh, but wait 3 days, if nothing, wait 5, if nothing, wait 10, if nothing, worry after 10 days..

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #12163 - 04/11/00 11:26 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

:-)

my advice...wait 5 to 10 days. It takes some time:-) Keep the jars at 85 degrees ( or a little lower) and you should be A-OTAY!

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

#12164 - 04/12/00 03:41 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I just get so anxious somtimes...I want these little suckers to grow. It seems like since I've innoculated them time is going by so slow....I only innoculated them monday(april 10th) at 10:20am but I want to shroom right now. I guess perseverance and patients is what it takes to get this done.

------------------
"I've always read about the dangerous conseqences of Alcohol, Tobacco, Mushrooms, LSD, Ecstacy and other illegal drugs...so I have finally decided to give up reading!!! "

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

#12165 - 04/13/00 12:34 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Alright I'm happy now it has been three days, and i see that two of my jars so far have shown growth....I see the little transparent white suckers forming...I can't wait...I'm just too impatient.

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

#12166 - 04/14/00 11:17 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Ok ya'll I very happy now. ALL of my jars have shown growth some very little but three have huge spot where I innoculated about the size of a quarter or even bigger. I used two different spore syringes: a PF syringe and equador syringe both from PF. The equador are the ones that show little growth. Is there a difference in the two does anyone know?

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #12167 - 04/14/00 02:13 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Traditionally I thought that equador showed relatively slower growth than other strains...but maybe this is just very hardy.
I guess experience is the deciding factor.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #12168 - 04/14/00 04:21 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

the pf is just about the fastest starter there is...

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Anonymous

#12169 - 04/18/00 07:12 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I used to judge my time by a watch and a calender. Now since embarking on the art of mushroom cultivating, I now judge time by the amount of of white patches growing in my jars and how may pins are on my cakes. Damn, has it only been two months feels like two years!!!!

------------------
I was neaver born and I will neaver die

Anonymous

#12170 - 04/23/00 05:24 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Heh...Tominwonderland, I know how you feel. It's been about a year since I grew so I'm ready to take a vacation from reality for a while myself. I tell you what though, you picked the right shrooms to start off with. My first batch of PF's ever was producing pins in 3 weeks, and I have 7 out of 10 jars at 99% colonization after only 7 days! So you'll have them ready befor eyou know it.

Good Luck and happy shrooming!

------------------
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
---Willy Wonka

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

#685276 - 06/18/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I can't believe I was this impatient. My shrooms are thriving wonderfully.

OfflineAddict
addict

#685436 - 06/18/02 06:45 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Patience is the key.

Offlinesynic
Re: First time ever *DELETED* [Re: Addict]
    #685866 - 06/18/02 09:50 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by synic

Reason for deletion: asdf

Edited by synic (07/03/02 05:58 AM)

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

Re: First time ever [Re: synic]
    #686788 - 06/18/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I have noticed that with EQ's. When I grew some they grew slow at first in the jars. But they got going. And they were the first ones to start to pin and fruit. PEACE!

P.S. Anyone noticed i brought this thread back from over two years ago. It was the first post I ever made on the Shroomery.

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#687128 - 06/18/02 09:46 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I must be a slowpoke. I used brf/vermiculite in half pint jars shot up with cambodians and it took 2 wks to show growth and 4 weeks to take over jars. Temp 77F.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

OfflineTomInWonderland
Just here to help out
Male User Gallery

Re: First time ever [Re: groingrinder]
    #687168 - 06/18/02 11:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Mmm...I never used that strain. But I usually keep the temp around 85. So when they go in the terrrium they get cold shocked. Plus it appears (from my own experiences) that a higher incubation temp will have an affect on the growth rate. I found a little higher temp will cause faster growth rate. But not to high no more than 85. Thats good. But I don't know if that is a direct effect on why your jars are growing at that rate. Or that might be normal for that strain.

Offline_Lucid_
journeyman
 User Gallery
Loc: no-mans land
    #687611 - 06/19/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

heh, my jars took about a month to totaly colonize, but my jars were kept a little cooler than they should have been at first, and i think i had too much water in the substrate, oh well, ive got a cake with massive amount of pins all over it right now, and a huge casing waiting for the casing layer to colonize. Im not sure what strain though, i got a syringe from a friend of mine at school, and i havnt been able to get ahold of him and ask what they were. once i get my digital camera back out of my friend's car i will take some pics and hopefuly get an ident on them, most likely they are PF, but i really dont know.
ps, Andy, this is Will, if you read this, PM me and tell me what strain it was you gave me!

--------------------
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise
- Hungarian proverb

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate