Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Hitchhiking Update x 3!
    #12159579 - 03/07/10 03:01 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

i'm going to try my hand at hitchhiking tomorrow morning.  first time ever.  i'm gonna try to get a ride from lille to paris.  then, if it's still early, from paris to as far south as i can.  i don't know what i'm gonna do when i run out of rides and daylight though.  i have no clue where i'll be.  sucks not having a sleeping bag to ensure i stay warm at night.  but i've got lots of clothes, two winter jackets and a tarp.  i suppose i should be fine.

but now it's bedtime.  i hope to get up bright and early.

adventure awaits!

Update 1 3/10:
I made it further than paris on the first day, despite standing in my starting place for over 3 hours.  the first person let me off in a bad place though, so i ended up trekking several miles down the highway before getting picked up by police.  considering i'm carrying 2g of hash, a bit of weed, over a quarter of mushies, various research pharms, AND i've got illegal status with a long overdue tourist visa, i was pretty much scared shitless.  but they just gave me a stern talking to and gave me a ride to the nearest gas station where i was able to find a trucker to give me a lift within 30 minutes or so.  I made it down to lyon by 10pm or so.  the trucker i was riding with was carrying 3 new semi-truck cabs, and he let me sleep in one that first night. 

the second day didn't start out quite so eventful.  i was on a highway to the west of lyon, but I wanted to go south, so I had trouble finding someone going my direction.  after an hour or more, a trucker gave me a ride closer to the highway i wanted, but i was stuck hitching in a terrible spot, in the freezing cold with a strong headwind pushing on me for about 3 hours.  i was frozen solid and despairing when a nice one-legged frenchman picked me up and took me into a town south of lyon where i had a warmer and better hitching point.  then a nice young guy took me to a trucker stop near valence, about 60km south of lyon. 

i spent  over 5 hours trying to get a ride here.  i saw countless truckers on their way to spain, all of whom laughed at me and walked on.  fuckasses.  i started to resign myself to a fate of sleeping outside of this truck stop.  but, with a stroke of luck, a frenchman speaking quite acceptable english ended up picking me up and taking me south to a stop near avignon.  there i met 2 other hitchhikers who said they had been waiting for 3+hrs.  it was dark by this point and i was pretty sure i was going to sleep there.  but, with an amazing stroke of luck, no more than 30min of getting there and without having asked anyone for a ride personally, the female hitcher found a car willing to take all three of us to montpellier.  fucking sweet.  and now i'm in her cousins house, who was kind enough to put us up for the night.  the guy hitcher is also going to barcelona, so i'm gonna travel with him today i guess.  if we're lucky.

fucking righteous luck at the end yesterday though.

Update 2 4/2:
i could make a new update.  i'm in the middle of a 2 week hitchhiking tour around spain, up the mediterranean coast to narbonne, france.  julia and i have been on the road for eight days now.  we've been through zamora, valladolid, salamanca, madrid, almeria and an absurdly beautiful small beach community called las negras, murcia, valencia, girona, and on into france today.

it has been nothing short of epic.  the first night julia and i met and started hitching together, she rolled a hash joint and i knew this partnering thing was gonna work.  going down to las negras was a complete fluke.  after 6 hours of bad luck, we met two hippies with a VW bus with a bed in it.  we were trying to go straight to valencia, but they were heading to las negras.  we changed our plans and went far south to this amazing little paradise where we stayed on a secluded beach for 2 nights.  gorgeous.

the funny thing is that the guy was a cop of his town.  but he was totally cool and even smoked us out with some of his own homegrown.  best cop ever.

today, twice in a row we got a long ride with the very first car we asked.  and in the last one that took us into tolouse, they rolled three hash joints in a row with some killer afghani shit.  too perfect.

the trip has been awesome and frustrating.  amazing luck and no luck at all.  it's all great though.  i'll be heading west towards the french coast into the bilbasque region.  then across nothern spain into portugal for a week or so.  life fucking rocks.

Update 3 4/8:
okay.  i've gotta be quick because i need to go do some laundry shortly.  but i'd like to let you guys in on my adventures as of late and add some pictures.

i'm in portugal now after about 2 weeks of hitchhiking through spain and southern france.  the day before we made it to france, we got a ride from this nice old brazilian dude from outside of valencia all the way to girona, north of barcelona.  we get into girona rather late and he invites us over to meet his family and have a free hot meal.  fuck yes.  then, after meeting the family, his wife says they should offer us a place to stay for the night.  free hot meal AND and warm bed to sleep in?  shit yes bitches.  amazing luck.

then at another point whilst hitching from toulouse, france back towards portugal, we get picked up by this cool old british dude.  he can only take us a few kilometers, but he too offers to allow us to crash at his place.  he was a really fucking cool old guy who was a teenager in the heyday of the sixties.  he told us all these stories about taking acid at awesome old festivals and concerts and whatnot. 

and then when we get to his house, it's in this tiny village community of maybe 10 houses and it's sitting on a ridge with the most amazing view of the pyranees mtns and gorgeous & lush surrounding landscape.  too fucking perfect.

to cap it all off, the last ride we got took us over 400km straight to portugal, rolling at speeds topping 200km/h (125mph).  it was a really nice couple and the ride was surprisingly smooth and soundless for such speeds.  ironically enough, we weren't able to hitch the last 90km from one portuguese town to the one we wanted to go to. we ended up having to take a bus.  haha.

pictures!

--------------------

Edited by tiny_rabid_birds (04/08/10 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRumblefishtwist
Cyber Bully
Male User Gallery

Loc: Universe
Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12159642 - 03/07/10 03:15 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Sounds fun, an adventure would be amazing right about now. Be safe and good luck.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12159645 - 03/07/10 03:16 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Why?

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: niteowl]
    #12159679 - 03/07/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Dude! Hell ya! In my experience, hitchhiking in France fails on Sundays so try to avoid that day. Otherwise, you should make it in 1 day they are very hitchhiker-friendly.

I never stayed in a hostel in paris, but here's some if you need(and have $):
http://studenttravel.about.com/od/internationalyouthhostels/tp/parishostels.htm

Bonne chance!!!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleAlec_Baldwin
Reigning On High
 User Gallery

Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #12159735 - 03/07/10 03:42 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

HAHA, I literally just ordered this...

Saw it in Game Informer and could not resist.

--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#12175731 - 03/10/10 04:28 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Why?

why what?

I made it further than paris on the first day, despite standing in my starting place for over 3 hours.  the first person let me off in a bad place though, so i ended up trekking several miles down the highway before getting picked up by police.  considering i'm carrying 2g of hash, a bit of weed, over a quarter of mushies, various research pharms, AND i've got illegal status with a long overdue tourist visa, i was pretty much scared shitless.  but they just gave me a stern talking to and gave me a ride to the nearest gas station where i was able to find a trucker to give me a lift within 30 minutes or so.  I made it down to lyon by 10pm or so.  the trucker i was riding with was carrying 3 new semi-truck cabs, and he let me sleep in one that first night. 

the second day didn't start out quite so eventful.  i was on a highway to the west of lyon, but I wanted to go south, so I had trouble finding someone going my direction.  after an hour or more, a trucker gave me a ride closer to the highway i wanted, but i was stuck hitching in a terrible spot, in the freezing cold with a strong headwind pushing on me for about 3 hours.  i was frozen solid and despairing when a nice one-legged frenchman picked me up and took me into a town south of lyon where i had a warmer and better hitching point.  then a nice young guy took me to a trucker stop near valence, about 60km south of lyon. 

i spent  over 5 hours trying to get a ride here.  i saw countless truckers on their way to spain, all of whom laughed at me and walked on.  fuckasses.  i started to resign myself to a fate of sleeping outside of this truck stop.  but, with a stroke of luck, a frenchman speaking quite acceptable english ended up picking me up and taking me south to a stop near avignon.  there i met 2 other hitchhikers who said they had been waiting for 3+hrs.  it was dark by this point and i was pretty sure i was going to sleep there.  but, with an amazing stroke of luck, no more than 30min of getting there and without having asked anyone for a ride personally, the female hitcher found a car willing to take all three of us to montpellier.  fucking sweet.  and now i'm in her cousins house, who was kind enough to put us up for the night.  the guy hitcher is also going to barcelona, so i'm gonna travel with him today i guess.  if we're lucky.

fucking righteous luck at the end yesterday though.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #12175744 - 03/10/10 04:32 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

right on.

why are you backpacking around europe without a sleeping bag again?

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#12175756 - 03/10/10 04:34 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
Quote:

niteowl said:
Why?

why what?

i'm going to try my hand at hitchhiking tomorrow morning.

Why?

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#12175764 - 03/10/10 04:36 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

it's cheap.  it's an experience.  why not?

shroomism, i had planned on getting one here at some point.  but up until now i haven't needed one.  i've been staying on couches and in hostels.

--------------------

InvisibleOxyProx
Deoxy.org

#12175781 - 03/10/10 04:44 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Best of luck to you. Just make sure you stay as safe as possible man.
Do you have a destination?

Oh and what are the police like in france? I heard with the (semi) new president that the country was really putting the pressure on with weed.
Kinda the opposite of the states.

Just curious as i wont be going there for a while.

--------------------
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #12176200 - 03/10/10 08:06 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Wow, sounds like quite the adventure.

All that waiting time and the uncertainty of everything seems kinda shitty, but I would still love to live that lifestyle for a while. Sounds like fun.

--------------------

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: RobMarley420]
    #12176237 - 03/10/10 08:16 AM (14 years, 22 days ago)

it might be cool to talk about afterwards, but during would be kind of a drag.

why not just buy a sleeping bag now? they are pretty cheap. taking any drugs along?

--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: Dunno]
    #12178661 - 03/10/10 04:38 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Hell ya! Nice going man you've made some progress! Keep us updated if you can will ya?

--------------------

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #12178711 - 03/10/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

it wouldnt have been too difficult to just leave whatever country and then return to in the correct amount of time and then get another entry stamp, even brazilians in the usa seem to be able to figure it out and their about the least cerebral people on earth
or maybe your running low on $ and afraid they would ask u about sufficient funds.....

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: 5150]
    #12182487 - 03/11/10 10:33 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
it wouldnt have been too difficult to just leave whatever country and then return to in the correct amount of time and then get another entry stamp, even brazilians in the usa seem to be able to figure it out and their about the least cerebral people on earth

leave whatever country?  dude, i've traveled through 9 different countries in the past six months.  it doesn't work like that in europe due to the schengen agreement.  so for me to have done that, i would have had to leave the farm i was WWOOFing on 3 months early and go to the UK or croatia/bosnia/montenegro or something and stay there for 3 months before being allowed re-entry.  just staying is definitely the easier option.

i'm in barcelona now.  got in last night.  i smoked hash cigs with 2 of my drivers.  it was awesome.  last night i slept outside of the truck stop in the woods with another hitchhiker.  i bought a sleeping bag off of him for 10 euros and he gave me a good thick book with high recommendations.

now i'm trying to find a place to stay.  apparently barcelona isn't the easiest city to couchsurf in.  and no one is responding to my emergency request.  i guess i'll splurge for a hostel if i can find something under 20 euros.  tomorrow, i'll visit a farm recommended to me for WWOOFing.

--------------------

InvisibleOxyProx
Deoxy.org

#12316472 - 04/02/10 07:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

How you doing man, be nice to hear where your at and how your doing.
Shroomerys very own Kerouac!

--------------------
Should ever be forgot...

InvisibleYellowDesertSun
Yellow Desert Sun
Male

Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: OxyProx]
    #12316640 - 04/02/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have this kickass army sleeping bag that's rated: "Fucking Cold"
I don't know it's rating exactly but it's COLD, plus there are these attachments to it that make it nicer... It's made of that breathable Gortex shit, it's nice and it's not cheap. I got it free though :P

--------------------

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: fuck... i wish i had a sleeping bag. [Re: YellowDesertSun]
    #12316780 - 04/02/10 09:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i could make a new update.  i'm in the middle of a 2 week hitchhiking tour around spain, up the mediterranean coast to narbonne, france.  julia and i have been on the road for eight days now.  we've been through zamora, valladolid, salamanca, madrid, almeria and an absurdly beautiful small beach community called las negras, murcia, valencia, girona, and on into france today.

it has been nothing short of epic.  the first night julia and i met and started hitching together, she rolled a hash joint and i knew this partnering thing was gonna work.  going down to las negras was a complete fluke.  after 6 hours of bad luck, we met two hippies with a VW bus with a bed in it.  we were trying to go straight to valencia, but they were heading to las negras.  we changed our plans and went far south to this amazing little paradise where we stayed on a secluded beach for 2 nights.  gorgeous.

the funny thing is that the guy was a cop of his town.  but he was totally cool and even smoked us out with some of his own homegrown.  best cop ever.

today, twice in a row we got a long ride with the very first car we asked.  and in the last one that took us into tolouse, they rolled three hash joints in a row with some killer afghani shit.  too perfect.

the trip has been awesome and frustrating.  amazing luck and no luck at all.  it's all great though.  i'll be heading west towards the french coast into the bilbasque region.  then across nothern spain into portugal for a week or so.  life fucking rocks.

--------------------

InvisibleOxyProx
Deoxy.org

#12316912 - 04/02/10 10:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Your my hero right now. If i wasnt knee deep in studys i would pack a sack and head out!

Stay safe man.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot...

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: OxyProx]
    #12316959 - 04/02/10 10:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 04:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom