Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Austin City Limits
    #1215642 - 01/13/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This season has a great lineup including, Pat Metheny, SRV, Double Trouble, Keb Mo', Steve Earle, Joe Cocker, Leonard Cohen, Merle Haggard, Phish, Widespread Panic, Tom Waits, Joan Osbourne, Bruce Hornsby, Eric Johnson, and David Gray.

Check http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/tvschedule/index.html#28 for listings!

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Austin City Limits [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1216052 - 01/13/03 10:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I love that show, and I'm glad to see that both Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits will be back! :cool:

PS: Do you have the schedule? Do you know when Cohen and Waits will be performing, as that is truly video tape time... :smile:

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: Austin City Limits [Re: Papaver]
    #1216203 - 01/14/03 01:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

See that big ol' hairy link sitting at the end of he first post?  :grin: :grin: :grin: I will definately be firing up the VCR for those shows as well. They are actually "classic" shows, the Cohen is from 88 and Waits is from 79 I believe.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#1216911 - 01/14/03 08:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

> See that big ol' hairy link sitting at the end of he first post?

D'oh! :smirk:

> They are actually "classic" shows, the Cohen is from 88 and Waits is from 79 I believe.

Oh, I already have both of those on tape. Albeut, they are in storage in another town. I'll tune in to see them though. They're both really good. Especially the Waits -- he has a little set, with a old street light, an old gas pump, and everything. Oh, and he wears a cool hat. That Cohen in really good to. He does "Take this waltz" plus other classics. There is also a later Cohen, where he does tracks from "The Future." :cool:

Did Neil Young ever do Austin City Limits? I've never seen him on it, but he would be made for that show! :laugh: 

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1217008 - 01/14/03 08:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They sound like good shows. I will definately be tuning in. As far as I am aware, i don't believe that Cohen is doing much, if any, work anymore. I was talking with my pops about Cohen durring Xmas break and he was telling the that Cohen is studying to be a monk or something like that. I don't remember the conversation exactly as I was slightly intoxicated. There was an album of his that came out a while ago that he had written the poetry for, but somebody else did the singing. I didn't like it as much. Somthing about Cohen's voice I guess.  :smirk:

I have never seen Neil Young on ASL, not that that means much. But you're right, ASL really seems like his bag, almost as if it was made for him. I'll have to ask my dad, he would probably know.

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#1217066 - 01/14/03 09:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I believe Cohen is out of the Zen Monestary now, and is back on the seen. I think he released a live album not too long ago, and he is helping his son with his recording career.

Leonard Cohen Files <-- A good Cohen site...

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1217076 - 01/14/03 09:06 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Zen Monestary, thats the ticket! A very fitting lifestyle for him though. Good to hear that he is back doing some work again. Thanks for the link there pappy!

Edit: The live album you are refering to is not Field Commander is it?

--------------------

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (01/14/03 09:08 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Community >> The Pub