Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Banisteriopsis Caapi, Herb Grinder, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: myshroomyhead]
    #9573830 - 01/08/09 11:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Black currants grow wild here in the back country near woodland streams.  Personally i like squaw currants. they grow everywhere on the steppes.
Black currants are tearjerkingly tart, like Oregon grapes.  Another berry very high in ascorbic acid.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: *** BLACK CURRANT JUICE is a MAO inhibitor *** + Lemon Juice = 10X Effects?? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #9574831 - 01/09/09 01:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you eat them fresh off the bush they taste way sweeter. They have some kind of way to trick you into thinking they are sweeter than they are when fresh, but soon after they become much more sour. Not sure how that works exactly.

InvisibleHarri

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: infinitedot]
    #10118251 - 04/06/09 07:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Gotta try this (sorry if this is old) Nice find man :smile:

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Harri]
    #10207881 - 04/21/09 05:13 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

why would they sell black current if its an effective and possibly dangerious MAOI without a warning label specifying that on the bottle...:confused:

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Offlinekoopa
entheogenologist
 User Gallery

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10226590 - 04/24/09 04:41 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Have people tried this expecting it NOT to work?

If so, were your socks rocked?

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: koopa]
    #10253939 - 04/29/09 04:47 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stating blackcurrant is an MAOI is a load of crap - these fruits are active because of the flavonoids: Rutin , Querecetin, etc which inhibit the liver and gut cytochrome P450 enzymes.

interesting, if that would be the case, is it needed to drink the juice an hour beforehand? maybe it would prolong the trip with drinking the juice during a trip?

about the potency enhancement: I think most people highly overrate the enhancement. When taking 4g dried the difference between that or 5g dried can be big. so 4-5x potency would mean 16-20g dried mushrooms? don't think so. percieved potency effects could be 4-5x though.

Besides that a big factor in this probably is a placebo effect, don't underestimate that. Even if it is a placebo effect for a big part, who cares? It's even better you're getting a stronger trip by having expectations; revealing the power of the mind itself on an experience:thumbup:

OfflineRedX
Stranger
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: stefan]
    #10851991 - 08/13/09 01:17 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

The subjective effects of black currant juice as a potentiator were trialed four times over a period of several months.

A few preliminary notes: test subject is moderately experienced in testing, over a period of approximately 15 years.  Currant juice used is Maple Leaf Farms (20%).  Base substance used was measured to the nearest 0.1 g raw material.  Trials were conducted using base substance produced by standardized methods, although of different batches.

Trial 1: 32oz currant (20%) was consumed as follows: 16oz at t=-4h, 16oz at t=0h.  20 g fresh base was consumed at t=0h with small amount dark chocolate on an otherwise empty stomach (16h pre-fast).  Alerts at t=20m, full onset at t=45m.  Caught out in the field by quicker-than-expected onset.  Dizziness, freezing cold hands, significant OEV disturbances, feeling of "too much, must force vomit or will pass out and die".  Very sharp feeling, unpleasant, feeling of emergency, serious question of need for medical attention.  Terrifying. (Unusual feelings compared to non-currant experience.)  Subject ate granola and chugged 3 L of water, forced vomiting, recovered sufficiently to return to test center.  Post-vomit, largely typical but intense experience; typical duration of 6-8h.  Notable differences include inability to generate body heat (treated by warm bath despite 75F air temperature) and inability to move from t=1.5h to t=2.5h.  Perception of poisoning, relative mental normalcy but body in bad condition. Also notable for rapidity and intensity of comeup, including being convinced that subject must vomit or suffer a medical situation.  Symptoms later interpreted as possibly anomalous low blood pressure.

Trial 2 and 3: three weeks apart each, 1.8g dried base plus 8-16oz currant.  Enjoyable, typical experiences - strong but not clearly currant-affected.

Trial 4: two weeks post-trial 3.  Attempt at Trial-1 schedule: 16oz of currant (20%) four hours before, then 16oz currant plus 2.0 g dried base with small amounts dark chocolate and ginger on otherwise empty stomach.  (Same batch used as for Trial 3.)  Alerts within 20m, onset within 45m.  By t=1h, sharp bad feelings - edge of pass-out, freezing cold, dizziness on standing, bad pressure at back of skull, perception of poisoning.  Minimal impact on consciousness, low psychedelic effects.  Few but powerful irresistable CEVs in waves - like passing out. Subject laid down, but became afraid of medical consequences due to sharpness of physical symptoms coupled with low mental effects.  Subject elected to self-treat with food, water, and double-ended purging at t=1h based on belief of medical exigency.  Very unpleasant.  Relief from poisoning through vomiting, but physical symptoms persisted - low blood pressure, inability to generate heat.  Warm bath on hot summer day from t=1.5h to 2.5h; feelings of some detachment from poisoned body. Fear of poisoning.  Fear of "going crazy" (committing external harmful acts).  Subject stumbled to bed from 2.5h to 4.0h, awoke nearly at baseline.  Short, brutish, feelings of poisoning.  Horrible. 

Based on these experiences, the subject concluded that 32oz of 20% currant (or 6.4oz effective pure currant) has significant effects on the base experience.  However, the effects are markedly unpleasant and appear to affect the physical body much more than the consciousness.  Feeling of body shutting down, low blood pressure, cessation of thermoregulation are all very negative.  Sharp pressure/pain at back of head felt serious.

Subject unlikely to repeat these experiments in this manner any time soon, if ever.

OfflineSLiCeR
Shadow Traveller
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In the 8th Realm
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: RedX]
    #10959373 - 08/29/09 03:12 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys a quick question i ate 2 bits of toast with Vegemite on them this morning at about 6:30 then ate a sandwich with tinned salmon with advacado and alfalfa and then drank a 500ml energy drink at around 11 will i be safe to try this at say 6:00?  since i know you shouldn't have quote: Yeast Brewer's or extracts - yeast extracts (Marmite) which are spread on bread or mixed with water

or quote:  Fish Fresh fish (Anon, 1989; McCabe, 1986) and vacuum-packed pickled fish or caviar contain only small amounts of tyramine and are safe if consumed promptly or refrigerated for short periods; longer storage may be dangerous (Anon, 1989).

probably being paranoid here but just want to make sure

Any help is appreciated guys

--------------------
My Trade List

OfflineSLiCeR
Shadow Traveller
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: SLiCeR]
    #11120045 - 09/24/09 05:46 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I bought one bottle of the blackcurrant juice and then once i got home realized i needed like almost the whole bottle to myself???
Do you need to drink it straight or can you dilute it?

Anyway so we just tried a bit each amongst 2 friends and i took 5.50g dried woaahhhhhhh man my friend was turning into different people when i looked at him at one stage he was lying on the ground then i tried to help him up and then hes hair started growing then turning grey then it appeared he looked like Einstein! then i was like woahhh i also recall seeing him as a hippy with some purple vest on this was all very wierd for me it seemed he was changing in front of me probly one of the most craziest things i have experienced.

But anyway i could feel the effects much more since i fasted waiting to consume the gummiberry juice and this was my first time i had proper visuals on dry material i like this alot!

--------------------
My Trade List

Offlinescrotesmcgrotes
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: SLiCeR]
    #11140220 - 09/28/09 12:02 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

learn something new every day

Offline58hdpan
PANHEAD

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: scrotesmcgrotes]
    #12149737 - 03/05/10 06:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

- How experienced are you with psychedelics?: 5 years (mush and LSD)
- Days since last trip on psychedelics: 5 days
- Black Currant Juice brand: currant affair
- What reads the concentration on the label?: ? I would say pure juice
- Juice Quantity: 2 pints
- Mushrooms species: Psilocybe Cubensis treasure coast
- Mushrooms Quantity: 6 gram dry
- Did you know the potency of the mushrooms beforehand? (Y/N): yes (medium potency)
- Hours since last meal: 8 hr
- Did you put your mushrooms in a coffee grinder for a while until you got a fine powder? (Y/N): no
- Did you soak the mushrooms in lemon/lime or BC juice as in STEP 5? (Y/N): Yes, 15 min lemon juice only
- Description of effects compared vs. no juice:
- Description of effects compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice:
- Are you positively sure that there IS definitely an improvement in potency? (Y/N): YES YES YES
- Estimated potency compared vs. no juice: 2x at least
- Estimated potency compared vs. Lemon/Lime juice: Haven't tried with just juice
- Estimated total potency: 2 times at least
- Time to "first alert" (aka, "whoa, some thing's definitely going to happen"): 30 min
- Time to onset of visual disturbance: 1 1/2 hr
- Time to peak (rough estimate): 2 hr
- Time to first sign of diminishing effects: 5 hours
- Time to baseline (indiscernible effects): 7 hours
- Further comments you might want to add to your experience: I know this is an old thread, but this was a good experiment. And I will say I don't believe the juice is any kind of an MAOI BUT!!!! their is defiantly an increase in potency in a big way. This experiment was done 3 veteran trippers and myself and all of us agree that this method WORKS. also I took the same dosage of 6gr 5 days early-er so as to get a grasp on weather on not there was an increase in potency and I will say their was a big difference about 2x more potent. also I will say that bubble gummers stay the fuck away for this method. this is ONLY for people that can handle their trip. for the 5 years I've been tripping with all that I've dome(LSD included) this method is in my top 3 strongest trips I've ever had. :eek:

--------------------

Offlinemexicanjewlucas
sleep, save, blow stuff up
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: 58hdpan]
    #14141251 - 03/18/11 03:53 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

i know this is a really old thread but i need a bit of help. i have a 30% black currant juice. would that mean i need to drink about 950grams? and is this black currant syrup going to be ok?

thanks for the help.

--------------------
"We can get 2 birds stoned at once."

OfflineSLiCeR
Shadow Traveller
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: mexicanjewlucas]
    #14142804 - 03/18/11 01:43 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

hey mate i just sent you a pm but thought i would post it in the thread also as to help anyone else.

ok so basically i found that it was fairly hard to find and like you said if you use something like you have there you have to drink a shitload, and from what i can remember i used the exact same stuff you have there mate :thumbup:

so basically i whent a little rogue on the amounts of blackcurrant juice you have to drink and just basically drank about 3 mouth fulls of the syrup and found that far too hard to bare alone so i then diluted it with some water (not alot) just enough to make it drinkable and drank as much as i could like this but only drank around 3 glasses maybe even 2 and this provided substantial effects when dosing with mushrooms, but be careful because this just makes dosing harder and you could end up with maybe 1 unexperienced friend and have them go too far for the first time so just make sure you are all experienced with mushrooms before trying this method, but apart from this you will be fine.

In a nutshell if your really trying to save mushrooms then this is a great way to do so, just simply drink more juice  to use less mushrooms but beware i have only done this around 3 times so i can't say my way of doing this is foolproof you will have to experiment a bit yourself but to simply answer your question yes you can use this stuff you have acquired and you will have to drink alot to get the best results but i just drink less juice and it works ok for me :smile:

--------------------
My Trade List

Offlinemexicanjewlucas
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14142968 - 03/18/11 02:23 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

i shall be buying that syrup tomorrow, i went to so many health food stores today to find 100% but can't. i didn't buy this stuff because i wasn't sure, just ripped the label off a bottle in the shop so i could ask other members here if it would work.

--------------------

OfflineSLiCeR
Shadow Traveller
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: mexicanjewlucas]
    #14143076 - 03/18/11 02:55 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mexicanjewlucas said:
i shall be buying that syrup tomorrow, i went to so many health food stores today to find 100% but can't. i didn't buy this stuff because i wasn't sure, just ripped the label off a bottle in the shop so i could ask other members here if it would work.

hahahaha just as i was reading the part where you say "i didnt buy this stuff" then just as im thinking to myself "how the fuck does he have a ripped label handy?" you answer my question lol nice work mate i just usually get my mobile out in the shops and write a message with all the best brand names you can find then go home and do a google search on them you can usually find the product in about 2 minutes giving you all the info to make a copy of and post here (just to save you getting pulled up in the shops getting asked why you were stealing labels lol)

--------------------
My Trade List

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

#14144175 - 03/18/11 06:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

maybe get syrian rue for less material
or caapi

OfflineSLiCeR
Shadow Traveller
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: Ferdinando]
    #14144321 - 03/18/11 07:05 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ferdinando said:
maybe get syrian rue for less material
or caapi

good thinking dosing syrian rue would be alot easier than drinking all that juice :thumbup:

--------------------
My Trade List

Offlinemexicanjewlucas
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14145145 - 03/18/11 09:46 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

i live in western australia, we have the most fucked up customs regulations, http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/ won't send me anything from there site because of our laws. and because their are less than 2 million people in WA there is not much of a demand for it. unless slicer wants to work out some deal where he can try sending me a small package of it i will not be able to to get it in my little fucked up city of perth.

--------------------

Offlineseamus
arwoooooo! *meow*
Male

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: infinitedot]
    #14452395 - 05/14/11 07:09 PM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Finished my experiment last night.

I know I haven't been on here much... i'm just busy with life, ya know.

first, I got a bottle of Ribena black currant concentrate, only the 23% stuff, so I drank the whole liter (god that was too sweet!)

Then, near the end of an hour wait, I soaked my less than 5 grams of powdered mushrooms in RealLemon lemon juice.

I downed it and washed it down with just a little water (lemon juice eats tooth enamel).

T+20 I notice the first signs of coming up
T+30 I turn off my computer and head to my bedroom. I put my glasses in the bathroom on a safe shelf (I'm always worried my glasses might get damaged during a trip, since it's happened to me before). Before I could walk the 5 feet into the bedroom, I was launched.
T+0:40-4:30 I lost sense of time. My guilt about past deeds overwhelmed me. I felt as if an audience was watching me. I felt like I broke Life, and there was no fixing it. I didn't care, because for a while I felt free. I felt like a cat-natured being, being asked to quack instead of meow. It was hilarious.

Then, I could see the matrix that life was made of, operating as a huge, unthinking machine designed by intelligence greater than I could conceive of. I disengaged myself from the machine and sat still for a while.

At some point, I felt as if all the joy had gone out of life. My deeds of the past were revealed to me as my one chance at happiness, and I had blown it completely. I had disrespected everyone, and been selfish and arrogant. I was SO FUCKING SORRY for everything I had done and had failed to do. All I had left was my sorrow for the loss of what might have been. I was so disgusted with myself that I vomited. (oddly, no mushrooms or juice came up). I wallowed in misery for a while until I felt I could forgive myself. I came down pretty fast. When I was back in my right mind for the most part, I looked at the clock. It was only 2:30AM! only 6 hours? It felt like I had been gone for weeks!

This trip was COMPLETELY bigger than any other I have ever had. Bigger than the 13 hits of good acid and an eighth of shrooms at Alpine Valley in 1989. Much shorter duration, though, thank God! I would say it was at LEAST double what I expected. I have eaten quarter-ounces before and not gotten half this high. I'm such a glutton for punishment. It was more than 10x what this dose would have done with no juice.

at the end of it, All i can say is: I love existence, even when it hurts.

--------------------
No responsibility do we owe greater than that to ourselves to become the greatest to which our potential calls us.

Invisiblea2thej
Cosmic Cowboy
 User Gallery
Loc: Desert
    #14920773 - 08/14/11 02:57 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

planning on trying this soon, Have you tried this again lately?

I will be doing i think 3 grams powdered soaked in fresh lemon lime juice an hour after drinking the currant juice on an empty stomach.
will be reporting effects soon

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Banisteriopsis Caapi, Herb Grinder, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience