Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineribbit
up till dawn

preserving life after the world ends
    #1214934 - 01/13/03 03:57 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

i have been having this reoccurring thought, its not exactly what you all might want to hear, but i can't help it, it drills into my brain.. ill try to explain the best i can

it feels like a vision, and it goes like this:
there is an underground structure, huge, the size of a small town.. within this structure is cyrogenetic frozen dna of practically every species there is.
human dna has been perfected. all disease and bad genetics have been eliminated.

its deep enough that it uses underground rivers/current to produce and store electricty and is safe from the hazardous topside. the facility is completely ran by a super computer that we have developed that has artificial intelligence. there is also is a vast library of the complete history of everything that mankind has achieved and the mistakes that man has made, like the wars/religion and the politics that have all failed.

the purpose for this is because, we are on a self destructive path. and is the only way to preserve the human race and the plants/animals of this planet...lets say that there is a nuclear war, and the world is destroyed, most all living organisms are dead, including the human

in the time it would take for the earth to heal itself, lets say, 1000 years... this complex will come to life and start to create perfect humans, and the computer conscious has the ability (w/ robots) to raise and care for them to maturity, and teach them...

and a new begining would happen, and humans lived happily ever after in a new world. full of hope

it makes me sad to think a thought like this. but, look at the news. we are failing, i don't think there is hope for us, eventually, we are going to self destruct.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMetasyn
one

Re: preserving life after the world ends [Re: ribbit]
    #1215384 - 01/13/03 07:00 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

What would make you believe that we wouldn't just fuck it up all over again?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: preserving life after the world ends [Re: Metasyn]
    #1215555 - 01/13/03 07:58 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

cause maybe as the earth changes and our life falls this time, we wont be able to pass on if we dont learn and accept our mistakes. by taking into account all that which we failed upon, changing, transcending maybe there exists a place after death where we can go on and not fuck up. maybe humans can transcend this hell once death is upon us. maybe alies hold are dna maybe its our subconcious maybe it has nothing to do with us and we are re birthed anyway. have you seen abyss? some will fail others will prevail ... some how... some way?

--------------------
What?

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#1215571 - 01/13/03 08:06 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

That reminds me of the X-Files movie and series where aliens were once the rulers of this planet and after they left, their DNA stayed dormant underground as a virus that would come back and use human bodies as incubation material for their race to revive itself.

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1215881 - 01/13/03 09:14 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

one flaw: "human dna has been perfected."

The whole point of DNA is that its never perfected enough, IMO.

but yeah; intriguing stuff goin on in your brain there man :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: preserving life after the world ends [Re: Strumpling]
    #1216300 - 01/14/03 03:39 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

i chose perfected because i believe through genetic engineering, that we will be able to rid the segmants that cause genetic flaws. of course mutation can still happen, but for the most part, if that were to happen, the technology would be there to fix the problem with stem cells and what not.

im just saying that humans can be humanly and not worry about diseases and nasty viruses like aids.

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
    #1216342 - 01/14/03 04:33 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

im just saying that humans can be humanly and not worry about diseases and nasty viruses like aids.

Or genetically inferior people. Or people who don't share the same viewpoint. Or people that just aren't liked very much. Or stupid people. Or revolutionaries, people who don't toe the line.

*snif-snif* Do you smell Nazis? Cuz something sure stinks...

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1216385 - 01/14/03 04:56 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

What makes you think the earth will end?

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: preserving life after the world ends [Re: Remy]
    #1217296 - 01/14/03 10:41 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

im not saying the earth 'will in fact' end... but if there is a nuclear holocaust, there is no telling what will happen... you got people like osama and sadam running rampid like 'Dr Evil' trying to run the show... you have president bush who seems to be trigger happy, the israelies aren't blowing shit up just because of the US influence, and im not even talking about this year... like within 10 years

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
    #1218265 - 01/14/03 04:10 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

It's still impossible, because nobody but other humans can raise and take care of other humans. Stories of Tarzan and other jungle boys are full of shit, because a human with a simple mind like that would go insane due to the amount of unused brain. Even if a computer was able to store the data of how to raise a child, there is so much going on in a young child's brain that after not grasping a concept immediately he would become upset and frustrated. Only a mother or a truly dedicated foster mother is able to deal with their own child, not something a nerd programmer who never even had kids would create. No matter how perfect the DNA would be, the future man's brain would somehow not be able to compensate for these advantages.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

Anonymous

Re: preserving life after the world ends [Re: IamHungry]
    #1218437 - 01/14/03 05:23 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery and SPS! :smile:

Please read the "Be Nice" policy if you haven't done so already.

Enjoy the forum.

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: preserving life after the world ends [Re: IamHungry]
    #1222484 - 01/16/03 02:59 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

then perhaps their would be volenteer women who will allow themselves to be frozen until this would take place.... i was only expressing a thought that i keep having. i wasn't trying to persuade anyone about anything...

oh, and i liked your comment about the 'nerd programmer that never had a kids'
thats so stereotypical, and really discredits anything you say because it shows a lack of intelligence in my book.

is ignorance bliss?

no, i feel sorry for ignorant people

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology