Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiquid Squid
Pooh-Bah
Did we really go to the moon?
    #1214814 - 01/13/03 03:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, this has probably been talked about before but I just saw a show on this.

Now at first I was skeptic. The whole moonlanding being faked. But as the show went on their arguement got better and better.
ie.. many of the photos taken by the moonlander have images infront of a crosshair that was imposed on the camera. This should not be..but also could have been faked themselves for the point of the theory.

Another was the american flag blowing in the wind as they landed. Now, the moon has no atmosphere, there should be no wind. But there are phenominon that could have caused this.

The strongest point in my mind was something I had previously not even taken into account.
There is a radiation belt around earth that extends for thousands of kilometres.
Other then the *apollo mission* no manned space craft has ever tried to pass through this.
The word is, the apollo spacecrafts did not have the protection to pass through this belt without suffering severe radiation effects. But no ill effects were mentioned or present when they returned.

Also they have dated that on the first moon landing, there was a massive solar flare. The largest of this century. Now this would have flooded space with different types of radiation. And the word on that is that the spacesuits they were wearing couldn't have possibley protected them against all this radiation.

there were a few other points but i can't remember. I'll have to watch it again

It was on the space network..Conspicy Theory: Did we land on the moon?..

So what do you guys think..?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Did we really go to the moon? [Re: Liquid Squid]
    #1214833 - 01/13/03 03:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sure we did, at least my government told me so...

Offlinepsylicon
Adventurer
Loc: Urbana, IL
    #1214836 - 01/13/03 03:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting.
I guess to think about it analytically, of course one cannot know for certain if man has ever been to the moon unless (s)he visited the moon themselves or was part of the government conspiracy and faked it. And there would be a justifiable reason for the government to fake it if it were impossible, namely ousting the Soviets. However, from what I know of physics (which is my major) there is no scientific reason why we couldn't have made it to the moon, other than the radiation difficulties you just mentioned. There is also video footage of one of the earliest astronauts (I forget which one) proving Newtonian gravitational theory by dropping a hammer and a feather on the moon and them falling at exactly the same speed. For this to be simulated in a lab would require a complete vacuum or some really complicated engineering with wires or electromagnetism. Since this was well before computer effects were available. (Of course if the government covered up the moon landings its feasible to assume they have advanced technology we don't know aobut....)

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1214848 - 01/13/03 03:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think it was all bullshit to make Americans happy after giving up all the tax money to fund a project to the moon. IMO, it was all fake. Although, they made a point about there being no gravity so any movement could cause something to shake.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1214866 - 01/13/03 03:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That show has been debunked countless times. There are at least a dozen webpages that refute handily every single point that show raises. I used to have one of those pages bookmarked but I lost it when I goofed up an upgrade, and I can't be bothered finding it again. A minute or two on Google will do the trick, though.

That show was a Fox special, and it was done to gain ratings, not to show any truth. The producers of the show were well aware that the Apollo program put twelve people on the moon, but they went ahead and made that piece of crap anyway.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
    #1214873 - 01/13/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

please don't believe the silly idiots on Fox who tell you we never went to the moon.

I actually took a class in college that dealt with the moon hoax. It was a class just there to disprove all the science-fiction that those skeptics believe.

America to the moon was very real. it was kinda dumb (a product of fear and the cold war) but it really happened.

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Liquid Squid]
    #1214877 - 01/13/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Did we really go to the moon? [Re: KB1EWE]
    #1214883 - 01/13/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

NM, I knew there was something about the flag waving being true, that was all I was basing my opinion on. We did land on the moon after all.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: ]
    #1214886 - 01/13/03 03:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleLiquid Squid
Pooh-Bah
Re: Did we really go to the moon? [Re: ]
    #1214975 - 01/13/03 04:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Heh good link.

The only point which really got to me was the radiation, which made me think.

And again, it's america, you can't believe anything without some proof Heh

But to the person who was talking about the gravity..this can be pretty easily faked. The same way the do it in movie.
When a plan flies in a parabla (sp) it will give the effects of 0 gravity. Now they would have had a do the dropping on the hammer inside that and then maybe overlap the image over the moon's backdrop lol

it could be done though

But we should be able to find out the truth. Once a non-american rocket goes up to the moon it can take pictures of the surface to see what's there.

Obviously NASA isn't going to waste there time sending one to just debunk a myth. They'd need a decent reason to go back...maybe they'll take me ;o)

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1215001 - 01/13/03 04:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Of course we went to the moon. The moon is our friend.

Offlinepsylicon
Adventurer
Loc: Urbana, IL
    #1215055 - 01/13/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Naa the gravity thing with the hammer and the feather was to prove that gravity acts equally on all objects regardless of mass; this could only be simulated on the moon or in a vacuum because in those circumstances air resistance (the factor that causes a hammer to fall faster than a feather on earth) can be neglected. The two objects still fell straight down tot he moon's surface.

Anonymous

#1215451 - 01/13/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lol, their arguments are shit
the people who came up with them are actually the same people arguing that the world is really flat

heres a temp debunking site while i find the good one:

Straight Dope

Thanks for bringing up what I consider to be the worst website on the Internet. Great BB filled with arrogant, ignorant, assholes who wouldn't know truth anymore than they would know how to pour piss out of a boot with directions written on the heel.

Fucking creeps, the lot of them.

No reflection on you Morrowmind. I know you were just trying to help.

Cheers

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

#1215480 - 01/13/03 07:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think we went to the moon, we had to get more cheese somewhere!.............right? :grin: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Anonymous

#1215488 - 01/13/03 07:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Come to think of it. Your name rings a bell, Morrowind. Did you ever post there?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1215513 - 01/13/03 07:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i think it makes a good point of what our government could do regardless, if everyone went around believing that we went to the moon just cause of video tape and media coverage the goverment would have way much more power than it does maybe it already has. it just makes me think of 1984. i mean i guess its possible that we could, but why no return ships? why not make another journey... whos interests are at stake. is it more profitable to run a space station than to go and explore the moon or long distance travel? i dont know i could easily believe our government is a manipulating mess of politicians disguising a great leap in "exploration" for some other ill profit like nuclear missles. my grandfather built lenses for missles i think and one for one of the space crafts, and had made a mirror for the beureau of standards. most rocket technology is invested in nuclear missles and what not. like the peacekeeper missle and shit like that, the missle defense shield. who knows if they went to them moon and for what reason, they sure havent gone back and have been using money for other projects. who knows though, i dont think anything would really surprise me. 

i forgot to mention me and my friend were talking about this last night, or the night before last... think it was last night heh maybe the night before :smile: .

--------------------
What?

Edited by Zero7a1 (01/13/03 07:46 PM)

InvisibleNNDIMITRI
Starrider

Loc: Czech Rep.
    #1215670 - 01/13/03 08:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Two links of interest:

MOON TRUTH (Armstrong Rehearsals)

AND

Moon Movie (faking the view of the earth)

My personal opinion is they never went. This was a propaganda campaign to create the illusion of technical superiority to Russia.

Edited by NNDIMITRI (01/13/03 08:33 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1215871 - 01/13/03 09:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I can't verify that we went to the moon, but they've got me convinced :smile: and proud :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Did we really go to the moon? [Re: NNDIMITRI]
    #1216265 - 01/14/03 02:55 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm leaning towards that they never went, my conspiracty is around the fact they want people to believe interstellar travel is possible, which give UFO's a little more credability. I have said this many times already, but I think there is gonna be a fake alien invasion sometime this century.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Did we really go to the moon? [Re: NNDIMITRI]
    #1216299 - 01/14/03 03:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

WHOOOOOA. I've NEVER seen that footage before. What do the moon landing believers say about that footage?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology