Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Mushroom question
    #1210526 - 01/11/03 07:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Alright a couple years ago when we started looking for shrooms I read that there realy isen't any good ones in NH or VT,gyms I think but I don't know.
Well a couple years ago all my friends were going to this field I showed them,it was fresh cow shit,in a huge pile,huge!
Well everyone said the only way you can get shrooms to trip off from finding them is to go out at 3-4 in the morning with a flash light and get them,usealy these kind are up before the first light,and start to rot away I guess when the sun does come up.
I thought they were just some type of inky cap or something,they were pretty small,like 2-3" tall max,cap was no bigger then a dime,and the stems were very thing and hollow,the underside of the caps was dark I think.
Friends of mine from all over said they ate them and tripped,I got about an 1/8th of them a couple years back but after not being able to findd out what they were I throw them away.
These were picked in mid to late summer after rain.
They were also found in cow shit in NH,is there any psychedelic shrooms that grow in NH and grow on cow shit?
I remember I laughed when people said they only came out in the morning but when I actualy got up at 4-5am once we got there and found people had already been there picking,I still managed to get like 1/8th dry.
Any info would be great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushroom question [Re: livingsublime]
    #1211319 - 01/12/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

first off, it does sound like some kind of coprinus based on the habitat, mentioned gill color, fine hollow stipe and the fact that they don't last into the day.
people from anywhere will constantly anc consistently claim to have eaten and tripped off of mushrooms wich don't exist, usualy evidenced by the lack of specific details they give or by the claim of "not remembering" any verifying details.
it is also possible that they are something like pan subbs, though i have never heard of them specificly in your area.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Mushroom question [Re: canid]
    #1211552 - 01/12/03 09:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the info.
Well they are defently not pan subs I don't think,arn't those pretty big?
These were all pretty small 1"-3",they were little brown mushrooms.
Everyone around here has got them and tripped,I know of atleast 5-10 people that have ate them and iether got a body buzz or tripped completely before going to school.
And they have to be the same kind I found because we all found the in cow shit,and all between 4am to 6am in the morning,they would say "you need a flash light and go realy early in the morning because thats when they come out"
Has anyone else from the new england area ever gone shrooming in cow shit in the early morning and found these?
Don't worry,once summer comes again I will take my digital camera with me and take pics of them growing in the shit,and pick and bunch and bring them home and take a bunch of picks of them.

Is there any way these could be a new species of shrooms,I haven't found them listed in my area in any of the mushrooms books I have had,and never found any info about them on the net,but at the same time everyone is tripping on them after picking them,I wish it was summer so I could figure out what these damn things are!
Thanks

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
    #1211668 - 01/12/03 09:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

...i too am curious... i used to live in nh for a good chunk of my adult life, and tho i successfully transplanted mazatapecs to an outdoor habitat, i have never identified ANY actives in nh. nonactives aplenty, and literally hundreds of varieties... i think the early hours arent necessarily the best for hunting... the inexperienced could easily pick a galerina or amanita as they often grow alongside actives and nonactives alike... id tell yr friends to be careful and always save a little for the hospital, should anyone fall ill... but anyway... anyone have any recommendations for actives in nh?

cheers...

...roy

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1211711 - 01/12/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Have you looked at Psilocybe semilanceata
and ruled them out?

--------------------
er

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Mushroom question [Re: roygbiv]
    #1211729 - 01/12/03 10:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well from my experiences picking these little mushrooms from the cow shit at 4-5am in the morning,there isen't any other mushroom that will grow in the shit.
I haven't seen any other kind,but my friends that I showed this spot to went by at like 2pm in the afternoon and saw shit loads,and I mean shit loads of mushrooms growing from the shit,I think this must have been a different kind because the once we were picking only come out in the ealry morning and are basicly gone before noon.
I think I have herd of my friends eating both that grow out of the cow shit,I diden't think there was any active mushrooms in NH that grow out of pure cow shit but I don't know,since no book has it in it and it's not on the web I bet thats because nobody knows that there is a kind of mushroom that comes out in cow shit between 2am through 6am in the morning,if the people that write these mushroom books don't go out this early and look for new mushrooms how in the hell are the going to find them!

I am just betting it is a new species,seems pretty stupid but it is the on;y thing that makes sense.
I have looked all over the net and read lots of mushroom books and not once have I even seen the mushrooms I picked in a book or on the net,I would think like the book... National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms,I had this book and tried to figure out what these damn mushrooms are but nothing!
I am takeing it that the only people that know about these cow shit mushrooms from NH are the people that actualy live here and eat them!

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Mushroom question [Re: G a n j a]
    #1211739 - 01/12/03 10:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and ruled them out?

Well I don't know but from the list I have seen in NH on active species I don't think there is any kind of psilocybe shrooms that grow in NH.
I will go and search for these real quick and see what come up...
Thanks

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1211767 - 01/12/03 10:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I just found this pick while looking through a search,I think mj posted it saying it was not a libety cap just a look a like or somthing.
Does anyone know what this these are,they sort of look like what I found!
Thanks

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #1211771 - 01/12/03 10:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the great placebo effect. Its also probably a good idea not to feed people random unidentified mushrooms found on cow poo and then wonder what kind they are later.

Far as i know no psychoactive mushrooms grow directly for cow poo in your area. I guess subbs are a possibility but unlikely if comen right from shit.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (01/12/03 10:56 AM)

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Mushroom question [Re: G a n j a]
    #1211778 - 01/12/03 10:55 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and ruled them out?

Hey I have a question for you.
Are there any psilocybe semilanceata's in NH?
And are these liberty caps?
Ifso I just read they do not grow on straigh cow shit or dung but maybe next to it or in grass,and I am pretty sure we don't have any libery caps here in NH!
Thanks

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1212096 - 01/12/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I believe the pictures in the picture you posted were either from Thailand or Georgia, so I HIGHLY doubt you found them. My guess is that you found some sort of Panaeolus. The only thing that puzzles me is that people say they only come out in the morning... Pan's last all day.
Maybe the people picking them were just dumb and that's a myth?

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom question [Re: Gumby]
    #1212730 - 01/12/03 05:48 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The only thing that puzzles me is that people say they only come out in the morning... Pan's last all day.
Maybe the people picking them were just dumb and that's a myth? 

Maybe they are all picked before the sun comes up :grin: "the early bird gets the worm."

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Mushroom question [Re: ]
    #1212910 - 01/12/03 07:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No you guys don't get it!
Seroiusly...they will only come out in the wee hours from like 2am through maybe 6am,once the sun hits them the start going away or dieing.
A couple people told me to go to a cow field very early in the morning with a flash light and you would find these little mushroom growing out of the shit,I diden't beleave them at first but when me and my brother took a ride down to this patch I found next to fishing spot sort of,we got there at like 4:30am to 5:00am,by the time we got there most of the shrooms had been picked,we even saw a couple stems and shit right by the road.
We walked out in the shit with flash lights,at first we diden't even realy know what to look for but we ended up finding like an 1/8th dry.
We went back like 10 times in a row to look in the day time and never saw anything in the shit,but ever time we went in the very early morning there would either be a car there or not,and there was always shrooms unless people picked them.
I don't know but like I said,I am guesing it is a new species.
I have seen pics of shrooms that look sort of like it,but thye are either not around me or don't grow straight from shit!
Woulden't a realy goo mushroom book have all mushrooms in my area,I would think by now every mushroom would have been found!
Maybe not though,because if no one knows you need to be out so early then maybe no ones will ever no about it,but us and the people that pic them,hell maybe I should write a damn mushroom book,atleast I can find them!
Thanks

Anonymous

#1213851 - 01/13/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#1213876 - 01/13/03 07:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ok these people you're talking to are retarded. If the mushrooms are melting in the morning sun, they arent active.

Someone knowledgeable correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Anonymous

Re: Mushroom question [Re: ]
    #1213907 - 01/13/03 07:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1213931 - 01/13/03 07:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

(scratching his head) hmmm...mycology or mythology ?

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1214115 - 01/13/03 08:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry didnt see that bit about growing out of shit i just thought you said cow field.
lib's will some times grow off of shit ive picked them off sheep shit though mainly in grass enriched  by shit though.

But the thing that made me think of them is that myth about the sun making them disapear.This myth also exists in the u.k in respect to liberty caps and is just that a myth.That bloke up there ^^ hit the nail on the head when he said the early bird catches the worm.The myth probably arose as a way of getting out and picking before some other matey gets em all :smile:

Also dont forget things look a bit diffrent at night with a flash light on shrooms :smile:
Below is a pic of libertys caps from the queens back yard :wink:

Sun light does not disolve these.in fact it makes them a lovely golden colour making them much easyer to  spot in long grass.When wet there dark brown. 

--------------------
er

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
    #1214343 - 01/13/03 10:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

...an easy way to solve this whole debate would be to just pick some instead of eating them, locate a digital camera (i think they have them in nh...) and post some pics... then take a spore print and send it to one of the lifers that post here and kindly ask them for a bit of help... this involves a little work on yr part, but should ensure more info than pure speculation and heresay from 'a friend of a friend...' and there is NO possible way that every conceivable type of mushroom has been found already...

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Mushroom question [Re: roygbiv]
    #1214542 - 01/13/03 11:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks guys!
Well like I said I do have a digital camera but we have about 2 feet of snow and it is snowing again so there will be no shroom hunting for a while!
The weird thing is I founded them in the early morning but others found the same ones at mid day?
I realy don't know but will start a thread when mushroom season comes around,it will defently be a long while!
I still can't beleave I coulden't find anything for info about these,acording to the books I have read there isen't any mushrooms that grow from cow shit in NH,but maybe inky's and pan subs,these that we were picking and the ones everyone was tripping off were defently not pan subs,unless they are different looking in different areas!

They look sort of like that pic I posted above,mj posted it so I am sure he can tell us what it is and if it grows in new england anywhere!
Mj,are you out there,what are your thoughts on these mushrooms we have found growing in cow shit here in NH,thanks!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder