Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

questions from sporeprint through incubation...
    #1214383 - 01/13/03 12:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

All right... Now don't laugh too hard at me, for I am a brand-spanking new to this posting business, though I have frequented this board for quite some time...
I recently sojourned to the south and encountered a horrendously large amount of P. Cubensis' growing across the street from my abode. Thinking ahead (thanks, in part, to this sight), I collected a sporeprint in the bottom of a jar and made a syringe. Using the PF method (being, like I said, new to this business), I innoculated some jars two days ago with high hopes... But after innoculation, I came upon some contradictions in the information that I was reading. Don't ask me where, but SOMEWHERE along the line I was informed that it would be best to leave the tape off of the needle holes after innoculation, which I did, and now I am having second thoughts about this decision. Tell me, please... is my substrate doomed? Tape or no tape? And does anybody have any insight into this whole homemade sporeprint process? Will it work? Thanks a lot!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: questions from sporeprint through incubation... [Re: Alobar]
    #1214395 - 01/13/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If the print was clean, it will work.

Now....if the print was taken from the wild, it can be clean, but it can also be not clean....
Time will tell...
As for the holes, mycelium needs air to grow. You should remove the tape after a few days.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation