Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread
    #12129702 - 03/02/10 06:44 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Tar..........30mg
Nicotine....1.8mg

But daaamn they are so tasty and feel so good. I take my time for a sweet Kretek, they are so full of flavor and nicotine there's no hurry.

I barely inhale and I still get a peaceful buzz, even if I smoke one at the end of a day, which I usually do. I usually smoke between 2 a week and 1 a month.

And the room smells just wonderful after one is smoked.

They're illegal now in Holland, but thats a word the Indonesian shopkeeper of my local Asian store chose not to add to his vocabulary. Under the counter FTW :yesnod:

Its psychoactive, nothing like a joint but definitely present and nice - sedative with a dash of euphoria.

I tried Djarum's but the taste wasnt as refined.

Anyone like Kretek too?

Do you like clove cigarettes?
You may choose only one
How often would you smoke them, given supply?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/02/10 06:44 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: Asante]
    #12129718 - 03/02/10 06:46 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

We are big boys.  We know smoking tobacco products is bad for you and that you dont like us doing it. Please abstain from regurgitating the same messages we read every time we pick up a pack, thanks :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinekanglow
Stranger with Candy
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #12130372 - 03/02/10 08:09 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

IMO, cloves make people smell like french whores.  I would rather deal with a cigar being smoked than a clove.  Cloves are nasty.  Cloves smell like rotten flowers and vomit.  Whenever I smell a clove, I look for the nearest hipster.  Without fail, they are always the one smoking the cloves.

Edit:  I used to smoke cloves about 8 years ago, until I realized they made me smell worse than a cheap whore. 

They taste ok, but the smell is atrocious....  unless you constantly burn copious amounts of incense.

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

Edited by kanglow (03/02/10 08:11 PM)

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
    #12130397 - 03/02/10 08:12 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
We are big boys.  We know smoking tobacco products is bad for you and that you dont like us doing it. Please abstain from regurgitating the same messages we read every time we pick up a pack, thanks :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: kanglow]
    #12130408 - 03/02/10 08:13 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

they are nice, but i haven't gotten any since the ban. i particularly enjoyed smoking them outside during the summer while i was reading since they last ages.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: JT]
    #12130475 - 03/02/10 08:24 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I love clove cigarettes!  Too bad Obama banned Djarum Blacks on grounds of flavored tobacco products being marketed to children (even though he doesn't ban Smirnoff Ices or Mike's Hard Lemonade which are flavored alcoholic products incredibly prevalent in the youth binge drinking culture), so now I smoke Djarum Special "cigars" which although not as good are still pretty tasty.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineAluxesLeaf
Great Botanical Vibrations
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
    #12130611 - 03/02/10 08:42 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

My dad LOVE djaurms and they are illegal in USA says obama but he can still find them at some stores... they were his teen/young adult favorite indulgence and he found they were still around a few years ago and now they are going away... :lol: THEY SMELL GOOD :aweoverdose:

--------------------

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Loc: Minnesota, the next state...
    #25068585 - 03/16/18 11:51 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I'm going to resurrect this old thread in celebration of receiving my latest shipment of Kreteks... 80 packs, three different brands!

Blacks were pretty much junk before the ban, and they're even worse as "cigars." The above are, however, the classic and amazing hand rolled, cone shaped bastards!

The most ridiculous part, is that I can smoke three packs of these for the price of one pack of something like camel or pall mall. I live in Minnesota, where the Mayo Clinic helped wage war on smoking, and standard filter or non-filter cigarettes are 8-12$ per pack. Before this happened, there used to be a smoke shop in the subway beneath the Mayo Clinic, where we would go buy these exact types of cigarettes. Now it's basically illegal to smoke anywhere downtown!

Obama may have used children as an excuse for this ban, but that was not the real reason. Since 2009, Indonesia has been under a media blackout, due to an essential occupation by US forces. The rainforests are being cleared and torched for natural resources. Unsustainably harvested palm oil and future cattle grazing are common reasons for this. Barely contacted tribes are being killed and relocated, and orangutans are being slaughtered and burnt.

I buy Indonesian cigarettes, as well as their sustainable organic coffee and cacao, in part to help their economy. At the same time, I have stopped buying any product with palm oil in the ingredients.

As far as health effects go, of course everyone knows that smoking is harmful. What they may not know, is that recent studies have concluded that daily exposure to common cleaning products has health effects comparable to smoking a pack of cigarettes per day. Or that american cigarettes commonly contain over 1000 different additives. Not to mention the massive amounts of herbicides and pesticides used on farm, in parks, on your neighbor's yards, and even aerially sprayed from planes over our neighborhoods. Oh yeah, and then places like Minnesota, where there are no emissions standards for vehicles, at all. If all of these things go unrestricted, then clove cigarettes also should not be restricted.

--------------------

*ALL POSTS CREATED BY THIS USER ARE FICTIONAL IN NATURE, AND ARE THE PRODUCT OF LUCID DREAMING. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS REAL OR TRUE.

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: Spivkurl]
    #25068595 - 03/16/18 11:54 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I HATE THEM i dont know why. guess dont like the taste/smell at all.:shrug:

My girl LOVES them tho.

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: ADCC420]
    #25068840 - 03/16/18 01:50 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Filterless kreteks have been my go-to smoke for around 25 years now. If there is something other than ganja that I want to smoke while tripping or rolling, those are it. If I'm high enough, one of these smokes will stay puffable for 30-60 minutes. Excellent for shrooming in the recording studio.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #25068978 - 03/16/18 02:58 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I wish I could still buy the real clove cigarettes they used to sell in the US. I've tried importing, but it's just not the same as what used to be available here.

Cloves here used to be spectacular, I don't know why cloves other places aren't as good as they used to be here. It's a shame. I miss the real stuff we used to have. I don't even smoke any more, but I still have fond memories of trying cloves as a teenager, the smell of cloves, etc.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #25069252 - 03/16/18 04:57 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I'm happy to be in the I don't smoke mister! category now.

Gudang Garams did taste great, but sad to see the classy package of 2010 got replaced by an autopsy monstrosity.

People, please bear in mind, 30mg tar apiece, thats a LOT.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

#25069640 - 03/16/18 08:44 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

The Gudang Garam "Merah" are actually 39mg tar now!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#25070167 - 03/17/18 04:06 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Spivkurl said:
The Gudang Garam "Merah" are actually 39mg tar now!

By contrast, a Marlboro Red has about 6mg.

Not just saying that idly, about the tar! You may want to treat kretek like a cigar and not inhale.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #25070193 - 03/17/18 05:03 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Then whats the point? Or does the nicotine get absorbed by membrane n such?

Your not supposed to inhale cigars hu?

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25070222 - 03/17/18 05:56 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Nicotine gets abnsorbed by the mucous lining of your mouth and no, cigars are meant NOT to be inhaled.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

#25070350 - 03/17/18 07:57 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Almost anything can be absorbed through the mucous membranes of the mouth. Same idea as chewing tobacco. I have even used amanita muscaria sublingually like this. Then in the days where I was doing harder drugs, an adderall held under the toungue or in the cheek would keep things going along niccely. It is overall a faster route to your blood stream than through the lungs, and definitely faster than through the digestive system. I'm hoping to try cubensis this way soon, without swallowing them at all.

I actually do a lot of mouth smoking, just to save my lungs for ganja and all. I also don't smoke two packs a day like it got to be with american cigarettes. We must keep in mind that even marijuana has quite large amounts of "tar."

Then there is the long list of herbs added to kreteks (which is generally different for each brand and type, and is usually a pretty well guarded secret). Many of these herbs do have medicinal properties. Even cloves themselves have antifungal and antibacterial action. On the other hand, american cigarettes are primarilly tobacco with numerous dangerous chemicals added, many which are listed carcinogens on their own. They even go so far as to add fire retardant to them, in the name of safety.

Don't even get me started on filters! They are like sucking on insulation. On the occasion that I do smoke a "regular" cigarette, I always remove the filter first. The fibers from these lodge in your lungs, in a similar way to asbestos, and do not make the cigarette healthier. On top of that, people are quite ready to complain about cigarette butts as litter, when a simple ban of cigarette filters would take care of the problem. Tobacco and paper degrade quickly, while those filters stick around for a VERY VERY long time.

One of the reasons I smoke kreteks is in order to smoke what I want and not what THEY want me to have. There is quite enough of that going on already!

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

#25070357 - 03/17/18 08:02 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
I'm happy to be in the I don't smoke mister! category now.

Gudang Garams did taste great, but sad to see the classy package of 2010 got replaced by an autopsy monstrosity.

People, please bear in mind, 30mg tar apiece, thats a LOT.

BTW, congrats for quitting!

I've done it numerous times, for various lengths of time. Lately, it's usually for only a few days, but I did quit for several years at one point.

I was raised around smoking pretty heavily. My dad started me rolling cigarettes for him around age 7, and he used to pay me change for each one I rolled. Also, spent hours nearly everyday with him at AA and NA meetings in the 80's and 90's... Don't be fooled, those people loved their drugs... the smoke was thicker than pea soup and the coffee was mud. I was a bit doomed to begin with. :oldman:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #25070358 - 03/17/18 08:04 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

I swear mushies can somewhat absorbed through thr mouth, i can feel how potent they are after chewing em real good, it gives the same sensation as something sweet/sour.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25070384 - 03/17/18 08:16 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
I swear mushies can somewhat absorbed through thr mouth, i can feel how potent they are after chewing em real good, it gives the same sensation as something sweet/sour.

I know it has to work, especially considering how little of good mushrooms it takes to have an experience. Probably sucking on a lemon wedge at the same time would make it better.

Likely that DMT would work like this, even though it doesn't work ingested (without MAOI added).

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: Spivkurl] * 1
    #25070400 - 03/17/18 08:21 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

i bought a four pack of djarum blacks this morning

smoked one by the creek

it was nice, a real nice buzz harsh to inhale though

think im going to just smoke them like cigars for the other 3 hadn't had a clove in prolly 3 years

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Re: Kretek (clove cigarettes) Appreciation Thread [Re: thelanzii]
    #25070419 - 03/17/18 08:27 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

EtherealMind said:
i bought a four pack of djarum blacks this morning

smoked one by the creek

it was nice, a real nice buzz harsh to inhale though

think im going to just smoke them like cigars for the other 3 hadn't had a clove in prolly 3 years

Kreteks are great on a hike, when you stop to enjoy a good location. Classic.

You can still get the Blacks which are not "cigars"... like they used to be, it just takes some research.

I SO miss the "black tea" Djarums. They were the finest of the filtered Kreteks I've had. I think they were discontinued, because the places to order them list the price as $1001... rare as rare can be I guess!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale