Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Progress Report [Re: pattern]
    #1433489 - 04/06/03 12:53 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

"I am in complete and total control" was my amendment. no one vetoed it and 30 days went by since the last post in the game, so i think it's safe to say that the outcome of the game is "mushmaster rules the nation as the absolute leader". game over guys.

and it's Der Mushfurer now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Progress Report [Re: ]
    #1433520 - 04/06/03 01:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

it's time for a regime change in Mush-Land....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Progress Report [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1433898 - 04/06/03 05:37 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

So interest petered out but it seems to be back again. Here is the constitution so far:

1: The right to do as desired in the privacy of one's home shall not be infringed, provided said action does not infringe on another's basic rights as a human being (life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness).

2. freedom of religion, speech, and the press, and grants the right to petition for redress and to assemble peaceably.

3. Every child, at the age of 16 and under has the right to free education.

4. Political leaders shall be chosen by democratic majority election. The privilege (not right) to vote is contingent upon: A) reaching the age of majority, and B) passing a basic competency test of functional literacy and knowledge of the constitution of the land. The test will not be prohibitively difficult: just basic functional literacy and knowledge of the key principles.

5. All citizens are innocent until proven guilty. In accordance with this principle, all citizens who are brought to trial, shall only pay their expenses of defense if proven guilty. If proven innocent, that citizen shall receive full reimbursement from the government.

6. All govermnment controlled social programs and laws will be voted on by the people (majority rule) while holding the right to veto any past programs or laws that the public deems unnessesary, corrupt or innefficient by a voted on proposal.

7. Any Law Enforcement personel, Government agent, Politician, Member Of Congress or The House of Representitives or Government employee, whether on a federal, stale or local level, that commits a crime against the people of freedome of the people shall be tried for acts of treason, minimum sentanceing guidelins shall be not less that 3 times that of a civilian or a penalty of DEATH, upon conviction.

8. Full legalization of drugs for everyone.

9. Full transparency of all government decisions and deliberations.

10. Each citizen is allowed to select which government department gets their income tax dollars each year.

11. All citizens are innocent until proven guilty. In accordance with this principle, all citizens who are brought to trial, shall only pay their expenses of defense if proven guilty. If proven innocent, that citizen shall receive full reimbursement from the government.

12. -The government will not use propaganda to brainwash its own citizens (this fits in with the total transparency of state.)

At this point I guess the game is open to all Political forum regulars, since we couldn't really keep things moving along with just the registered players. All new players are allowed either one principle or one veto. Registered players had more than that but now that it is pretty late in the game it would be unfair to give new players more than that. Registered players may still exercise their remaining principles or vetoes. Rail gun, as a new player, expended his one vote on vetoing mntlfngrs. Since he wasn't aware of the rules for new players, he can either maintain that veto or submit his vote for adopting the US Bill of Rights. One or the other but not both.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Progress Report [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1434474 - 04/06/03 09:17 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

if he doesn't veto it, i will.  :smirk: 

You'll veto what, that link? It was just for the benifit of Rail Gun. Not meant to be an addition. I think my one turn was already used and vetoed already. I certainly would suggest adding that link, at least not all the religious bunk in it.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Progress Report [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1435350 - 04/07/03 04:58 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i was talking about the idea of a liquid document that changes with time. That's the problem we are having today.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1435364 - 04/07/03 05:11 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

It is the reason it lasted. The problem we are having today is that the people quit paying attention to it and quit tending it, expected it to take care of itself. In the mean time corporation werer tending it.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1435372 - 04/07/03 05:21 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The problem we are having today is that the people quit paying attention to it and quit tending it

The problem isn't the people not paying attention, it's the politicians that don't pay attention to it and the masses are usually not powerful enough, or smart enough, to hold them accountable.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Progress Report [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1435376 - 04/07/03 05:25 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

8. Full legalization of drugs for everyone.
9. Full transparency of all government decisions and deliberations.

10. Each citizen is allowed to select which government department gets their income tax dollars each year.

Line item vetos.

Item 8: Little kids should be at least grade 3 or age 12 whichever is less, to buy crack cocaine.

Item 9: Military, nuclear, and state secrets must be secret.

Item 10: People are not responsible to dictate themselves what parts of government will be funded. They would play favorites.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (04/07/03 05:29 AM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1435380 - 04/07/03 05:29 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

The problem we are having today is that the people quit paying attention to it and quit tending it

The problem isn't the people not paying attention, it's the politicians that don't pay attention to it and the masses are usually not powerful enough, or smart enough, to hold them accountable.

You basicly prove my point. The people need to pay attention and hold them acountable. They need to pay attention and learn about politics. Who elects the politicians? The people.

All issues will be voted on by the people. IE no politicians
All voters will be required to attend deliberations on all issues before voting

PS I know my turn is over so these are not intended as additions.

--------------------

Edited by mntlfngrs (04/07/03 06:02 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1435418 - 04/07/03 06:04 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

You basicly prove my point.

how? I just don't think that basic human rights (like the bill of rights) shouls be messed with.

Quote:

The people need to pay attention and hold them acountable.

how is making the constitution liquid going to fullfill this?

Quote:

All issues will be voted on by the people.

you'r just basicaslly making a run for a Democracy. I am not in favor of a democracy rather a Representative republic where the politicians are actually held accountable, by laws that we have the ability (in this game) to enforce.

Quote:

All issues will be voted on by the people. IE no politicians
All voters will be required to attend deliberations on all issues before voting

required? So much for the free society. I do like the idea of educated voters but making it required is touchy.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1435434 - 04/07/03 06:23 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

That is why I previously said to make the rights as part of a solid unchangeable constitution and have amendment seperate in a flexable section.

The fluidity doesn't acomplish it, the mandatort education on issues does.

Eligable voters are not required to vote but if they do they most educate themselvs first. Your still free not to.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion