Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal?
    #1211431 - 01/12/03 08:03 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

And why?

Me... I'm all for the legalization of every drug. I don't belive anyone has the right to tell anyone what they can or can't put in themselves. And I belive that each person has responsibilities to accept - if you kill someone while on crack, it's your fault for putting yourself in a position where you might hurt someone else.

I, for one, know quite a few people who do almost every drug, and I know none, count em, ZERO people who have harmed anyone while on a drug or in search of a drug.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1211451 - 01/12/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

While I agree that people should be free to do what they want (given warning on labels and the such)

A woman on crack just got arrested in my area while on a beinge, she locked her kids in the closet until they starved to death. Sure she should also get punishment for murder, but we are avoiding many of these situations by making it not readily avalible.

People on PCP have been able to take on many cops at a time. having something like that isnt safe at all.

I'll admit that my argument on Herion was rather weak and perhaps it should be legal.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1211489 - 01/12/03 08:36 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think all drugs that are made naturally without processing should be legal (MJ, Mushrooms, peyote, salvia, opium...etc.) But there should also be consequences or at least a public stigmatism if pregnant person use these drugs or it leads to mothers or fathers locking their kids in a closet....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1211562 - 01/12/03 09:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

All of them. It shouldn't even be an issue.

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1211576 - 01/12/03 09:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

As much as I hate many drugs and the users of those drugs, all of them should be legal since eventually the users of the really bad drugs will eventually kill themselves off.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1211607 - 01/12/03 09:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

All of them should be legal.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: Sombie]
    #1211628 - 01/12/03 09:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Also keep in mind that sober people commit more violent crimes than fucked up people.

Invisiblei am e goldstein
Your Friend

Loc: 4 Blocks from Ground Zero
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Sombie]
    #1211795 - 01/12/03 11:10 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
3DSHROOMS is either clueless or the worlds biggest SCUMBAG
I lie and exagerate constantly... God Bless America!

Edited by i am e goldstein (01/12/03 11:24 AM)

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: i am e goldstein]
    #1211894 - 01/12/03 12:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno, It was in the local paper, I'll look I guess tho.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1211923 - 01/12/03 12:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ultimately I would like to see all drugs legalized, but that isnt gonna happen. Besides, it will have to occur in stages.

If weed and shrooms are legalized first, society would grow accustomed to it, and hopefully people would be able to handle the legalization of the problem drugs.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: pattern]
    #1211930 - 01/12/03 12:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm hoping with lighter drugs legal, people wont need to use the "problem" drugs.

--------------------

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Anonymous

Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: pattern]
    #1211936 - 01/12/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Pot, peyote, and shrooms have the highest chance of being legalized (IMO), and in that order.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1212022 - 01/12/03 01:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

All.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1212059 - 01/12/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

> I'm hoping with lighter drugs legal, people wont need to use the "problem" drugs. 

Exactly!  Imagine first legalizing speed/crack, it would cause massive problems. :shocked:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1212068 - 01/12/03 01:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

> Pot, peyote, and shrooms have the highest chance of being legalized (IMO), and in that order

Personally I think peyote would have a stronger chance than pot, in the US... there really is no opposition to peyote like there is to pot.  Pot will be never be legal while Democrats/Republicans hold power.

Canada is a better story  :smile: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

#1212148 - 01/12/03 02:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Legalize all drugs.

Punish people for the crimes they commit regardless of the drugs they took prior to commiting the crimes.

Legalize possesion and cultivation for personal use. Regulate Distribution as tight as possible without Prohibition.

Anonymous

Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: ]
    #1212251 - 01/12/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Legalize all drugs.

Punish people for the crimes they commit regardless of the drugs they took prior to commiting the crimes. 

Legalize possesion and cultivation for personal use.  Regulate Distribution as tight as possible without Prohibition. 

Sounds like a plan to me.

I would add that I would reform all drug laws including drunk driving.  I would make it so that you could drive drunk but if that impairment was a factor in a driving violation the punishment would reflect that.

There is a man doing something like 25 years in prison for drunk driving.  When he was caught with 20 some opened cans of beer and 9 priors they threw him in jail for 25 years.  He hadn't broken any driving laws when they pulled him over, no right-of-center, no speeding, no rolling stop thru a stop sign.  He just didn't empty out his empties out of his car and had alcohol in his system.

Mind you, he broke NO laws at that time!  25 years in the slammer!  Doesn't sound like justice to me. :frown: 

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1212360 - 01/12/03 03:37 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

All of them.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinegeo2001m
Raider Nation
Re: What Drugs Do You Think Should Be Legal? [Re: Phred]
    #1212660 - 01/12/03 05:11 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think they all should be legal, BUT limits, like beer...Drinking causes drunk driving, anger etc...smoking weed calms a person down, so does most drugs. Lot more people would not get killed over drugs and money. I feel like if drugs were legal there should be an age limit, a law where you can do it in public, pretty much treat it like beer. Beer is just as bad as drugs, but with beer you hurt other people, drugs you hurt ur self cause your too fucked up or scared to leave your house.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1212747 - 01/12/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

A woman on crack just got arrested in my area while on a beinge, she locked her kids in the closet until they starved to death. Sure she should also get punishment for murder, but we are avoiding many of these situations by making it not readily avalible.

Crack is currently illegal. Did this prevent the situation that you describe from occuring?

Quote:

People on PCP have been able to take on many cops at a time. having something like that isnt safe at all.

Cops on drug laws have broken into people's homes and killed them without finding any drugs, and the guilty parties have suffered no negative repurcussions. Having a situation like this isn't safe at all.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract