Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Technical flowhood questions [Re: ScavengerType]
    #12296483 - 03/30/10 12:01 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

I like the bounce house fan. It's made for some serious static pressure. I would use one of those with a big merv 12 prefilter and encase the fan in a box lined with fiberglass to control the sound. Remember that if you get a big ass fan you can extend the life of your HEPA and improve the filtration with a badass prefilter.

Lets say there are 1,000,000 spores and bacteria between 0.3 and 1.0 microns in size that enter two different flow hoods.

Setup A has a HEPA rated at 99.97% and no prefilter.
300 contams pass through

Setup B has a prefilter that removes 70% of particals 0.3 to 1.0 micron the HEPA removes 99.97% of what is left.
90 contams pass through

Then again we're not building a space station. It will work fine either way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSci-Fi
OG
Male User Gallery

Re: Technical flowhood questions [Re: ScavengerType]
    #12296490 - 03/30/10 12:02 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

I like the bounce house fan. It's made for some serious static pressure. I would use one of those with a big merv 12 prefilter and encase the fan in a box lined with fiberglass to control the sound. Remember that if you get a big ass fan you can extend the life of your HEPA and improve the filtration with a bad ass prefilter.

Lets say there are 1,000,000 spores and bacteria between 0.3 and 1.0 microns in size that enter two different flow hoods.

Setup A has a HEPA rated at 99.97% and no prefilter.
300 contams pass through

Setup B has a prefilter that removes 70% of particals 0.3 to 1.0 micron the HEPA removes 99.97% of what is left.
90 contams pass through

Then again we're not building space stations. It will work fine either way.

Edited by Sci-Fi (03/30/10 07:27 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Technical flowhood questions [Re: Sci-Fi]
    #12297501 - 03/30/10 06:29 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Sci-Fi said:
How loud is that thing pris? Big vacuums are some times crazy loud. My shop vac is at least twice as load as my 845 CFM flow hood fan.

the one I have has an induction motor, you wont hear the motor it's self
but will hear the fan so it's not nearly as loud as a shopvac which has a
universal motor... those fuckers are noisy as hell

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Technical flowhood questions [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12300694 - 03/30/10 05:00 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

I'll go check it out then prizo.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisibleb2b
b2b
Re: Technical flowhood questions [Re: Sci-Fi]
    #16671725 - 08/09/12 02:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hi,

I have a quick question about uneven air flow. I have made a basic laminar flow hood using the examples found online. I got a HEPA 99.97% filter (19" X 16" X 2") and 270 CFM fan.

What I noticed is that the air flow is not the same at different points of the filter. In one corner it is much higher then in others.

I would like to know if anyone had an issue like this and is there a fix?

Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
8,037 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.