Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Anybody tried smoking wild hemp?
    #1211554 - 01/12/03 09:07 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm working on a project to breed a new strain of Medical Marijuana from non-recreation strains of Cannabis (hemp). Particularly I am interested in finding wild hemp growing in Indiana, and Illinois. Some old records of Cannabinoid content of feral hemp turned up some interesting data: Indiana, and Illinois hemp contains high amounts of Cannabidiol (CBD) sometimes as high as 7% dry weight.

CBD is of particular interest in psychological, and neuromuscular disorders, but the medical, and recreational strains out there only contain about 0.1% CBD.

Information I have gathered from Overgrow suggests an appropriate medical cultivar could be isolated from feral American hemp. Any report that you can give of experiences in observation, and inhalation of wild hemp ANYWHERE in the U.S. would be appreciated.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1211572 - 01/12/03 09:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

does smoking medical ganja makes your high different than the other pot ?

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1212122 - 01/12/03 01:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The best way to consume CBD from wild hemp, is not through smoking, but through making a tea of the leaves and flowers. There are also several seed suppliers that sell seeds specifically for growing low thc, hemp. Perhaps through crossing these with a very resinous indica, and letting it seed, you could produce a high CBD flowers that also had a fair amount of THC.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: Remy]
    #1212172 - 01/12/03 02:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

entheomation: Can you tell me if it was north of Kentucky, or west of Kentucky?

Remy: Why not through smoking?

The only companies I know of that sell low THC strains are "legitimate" companies. You have to have a permit to get the seeds, and you can't get a permit in the U.S.

I found an old survey that shows where some high potency CBD, feral hemp is located (up to 7% dry weight), and one of the responses I got on Overgrow was from a guy in this area who smoked some, and did not get a headache.

I haven't found any references of anyone using a high CBD strain medicinally, other than in ancient China.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #1214647 - 01/13/03 12:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

European bird seeds are non treated and very viable (or at least when I tried to grow them a few years ago). I would guess that you could get detailed descriptions of origin from the distributors of these seeds. I also think that you could get these companies (or pet-stores for that matter) to send you some seeds, as I'm pretty sure very few European (mainstream) companies would know of the US policy of only permitting non-viables. If you are willing to take that risk. Personally I would choose a bird seed mix with lots of different seeds in it, it wouldn't look too suspicious. A wild guess from my side is that most of these (hemp)seeds are from Russia.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #1214780 - 01/13/03 01:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I thought about that, but I think I would get low THC low CBD strains from that.

I still need to do more research on that.

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1214837 - 01/13/03 01:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I once smoked marijuana from a hemp plant(or just a shitty one) that my friend had. A full joint did almost nothing except for some subtle effects.

Anonymous

#1214847 - 01/13/03 01:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: TinMan]
    #1215005 - 01/13/03 02:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

TheInvizibleMan: What state was this?

Mr_Mushrooms: It is my understanding that the isomerizer was a scam. How much did he have to smoke to get a headache? I wonder if or how he cured them.

A lot of people who get a headache from smoking hemp may just be smoking it too green.

entheomation: It can be done, but it isn't practical.

--------------------

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1216874 - 01/14/03 06:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

uhmmmm....
i don't see why you wouldn't try the birdseed anyway, sounds like a good source...

my experience with hemp is variable.
i have smoked hemp that was collected from the side of the road in wisconsin (southern) and did not necessarily get a headache. nor did i get high. the buds were nice looking, fluffy, kind looking. but no high. i mean, i didn;t go smokin three joints in a row or anything, but i took some hefty bong rips....

also, a friend of mine once bought a large quantity of hemp under the impression that it was low grade smokable.
he and i smokes hooties that were half an ounce in weight. they were torches the size of my erect cock.....no high.
isn't cbd a degradative product of thc?
can't one feasibly reduce other higher grade cannibinoids into the lower grades via simple methods, like air exposure, heat exposure....light exposure?

good luck.

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: viscid]
    #1217680 - 01/14/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am still researching industrial hempseed as a source.

Thanks for the input. Southern Wisconsin hemp is probably similar to Illinois hemp which can contain enough THC (2.73% dry weight) to get high off of, but usually doesn't.

CBD is a precursor of THC. In marijuana CBD turns into THC over time because of an enzyme present in marijuana. In hemp there is very little of this enzyme, so CBD breaks down into other things.

Another reported effect od CBD is that it inhibits the metabolism of THC, causing the THC high to last longer. "creeper" weed that takes a long time to set in, but lasts for hours, and hours is believed to contain high amounts of CBD.

Do you know of anyone who smoked hemp, then smoked real marijuana? Did they notice anything different?

--------------------

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #1221624 - 01/15/03 01:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the clarification.
how many cannabinoids are recognized now? 27/28?
and the suggestion of combined effect is interesting in light of some vague memories....of getting higher....off of some weed...smoked after smoking that...low-grade hemp shiite.
good luck.
peace.

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: viscid]
    #1221758 - 01/15/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Supposedly CBD is what makes "creeper" weed creep.

It makes it take longer for it to hit, but also causes it to last for hours. I remember smoking some fine shit once about two hours before I was supposed to go into work. Two hours later I was still baked!

I made it to work. I only lived about a mile away, but I was fried outta my gourd. I kept telling myself that I'd be coming down soon, but I was still high 8 hours later when my shift ended.

If you can still get some, you should, when it's flowering again, and see what it does.

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #1222890 - 01/16/03 04:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

it IS possible to get effects from wild hemp. Get a LOT, like 2 grocery bags full, dry it out, then use a large silk screen and make hash. A bowl of this will get you higher than a bowl of schwag for sure. I guess to even make it more potent you could take your hash you made and do the butane extraction method?

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #1223170 - 01/16/03 07:08 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It would still have to have a low CBD:THC ratio, but it could be done.

Have you tried this? What state was it growing in?

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1225264 - 01/17/03 02:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've been growing three specimens, bonsai method and have been collecting my clippings and throwing them in a jar of 90% IPA, i recently smoked the extraction and found that it didn't get me high, caused no headache, but did have many of the symptons of a CBD reaction, lethargy and muscle relaxation and slight hunger. but no "high" or headache.

Perhaps instead of looking for wild low quality hemp, you could work with immature plants and use some sort of assaying method to determine the concentration of chemicals as a plant matures.
young to old: CBD decreases and THC increases or so, possibly - if you're doing significant research for a company or university (im' not familiar with for who you're working on this for) it could bring full blown "real" MJ into medicinal mainstream.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1225385 - 01/17/03 03:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The reason these extractions and hash will not get you high, is because the plants lack THC to begin with. However, through isomerization CBD can be converted to THC. One must extract the oil, and add it to pure ethanol at oil:ethanol ratio of 1:10. You add one drop of 100% sulfuric acid per every gram of oil. The acid is added slowly while the solution of oil/ethanol is being continiously stirred. After that, you go through several some what basic procedures, mainly refluxing. The two books I have on this subject are called Cannabis Alchemy, and Marijuana Chemistry. If anyone is interested, I can send xerox copies of the exact procedures (maybe in trade for some ethno seeds?) :smile:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody tried smoking wild hemp? [Re: neuro]
    #1226234 - 01/17/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Do you still have the extraction?

Do you know what changes if any it had on a regular marijuana high.

Have you ever smoked the two together, or within an hour of each other?

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1228929 - 01/18/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

very little bit, like some scrapings left on the knife i scraped the goo out of.

I didn't smoke it while high, but i did smoke it within like 5 hours of smoking initially and it made me feel really burnt that was it.

Smoking it completely straight with 48 hours of soberness beforehand, it gave me the symptoms i listed in the last post, complete lethargy and very extreme relaxation and muscle relaxation.

OfflineTattooedSoul
    #1756352 - 07/28/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

BAby hitler,
I live in Illinois. Weedy hemp is a real problem here. The problem is it grows everywhere and those who are uneducated get caught picking it and end up in jail. This year allready I have heard of a group of individuals that picked a trunkload and got pulled over by the State police because it was hanging out of the back of their car...LOL.

I experimented with it as a kid but the headaches will keep you from experimenting too much.
One out of a hundred plants are resinous enough to extract but most are just weedy and fibrous.

They are in full glory here in central Illinois right now and are quite alluring... that is if you DON'T know what it's all about....

Best left for feeding the birds IMHO.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale