Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense?
    #1212060 - 01/12/03 01:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

This has been called many names such as Leary's sixth circuit, or consiousness of abstracting. I refer to it as Timothy Leary's Sixth Circuit. To learn about this circuit, go to www.deoxy.org and search around for the Eitfold model of consiousness. Anyways according the Eitfold model of consiousness I have reached this stage of evolution. Sometimes I can tap into it really well like right now, which is why I am writing about this. It features a lot of synchronicities, high velocity multiple choice fission fusion of parelell universes. It is like a communication with the archetypal world, and thoughts seem to become reality. It is like everyone is connected into a super computer, e.t.c.

I don't know how many people will be interested in this post, but I am hoping I will get some good responses.

Edited by Earth_Droid (01/12/03 01:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1212099 - 01/12/03 01:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, I've had some interactions with the 6th circut. My last occurance was about a month ago. I was driving on some back roads, and my highbeams on my car were missing (another story) but alas, Something kept tugging at me to go home. I kept feeling like if I kept driving these back roads with no highbeams, Im gonna either hit a deer, or swerve off the road. (weird huh). Btw. I had been driving the car for a few months without high beams, (I kept forgetting to replace them) but it never concerned me. For some reason on this night it was horribly nagging me. So I kept brushing it aside, trying to forget, when "OH SHIT!!" a fox comes bounding out from the side of the road, and I swerved to miss it, (I didnt btw) my car went sideways, and hit a stop sign, and mailbox, and is in the shop now. I shoulda fuckin listened!! I've had other "sixth sense" connections aside from that, but it is the most prominant in my mind.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #1212431 - 01/12/03 04:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Not sure if this correlates with what your refferring to as the sixth circuit.

The tale to be told:

It was a normal day of shroom picking. My friend and i had searched the woodsy mushroom field to no avail. No psychoative mushrooms could be found, so we headed towards the 'exit' of the field. We made it to the clearing, and there was a noticeable rustling coming from the woods. My friend made a witty remark saying "Its the snakes. " Or something of that nature. Then i replied with, "Ya, it would suck to be bitten by a snake right now. How would we explain being in this field so far from both our houses?" There was a moment for a brief chuckle, and about... 3 seconds later my friends step lands him almost on top of a coiled black snake. My eyes widened with shock and i yelped "snake!" and motioned vigorously towards the impending danger. My friend, luckily, dodged the next step and carefully gained some distance. The snake stirred but never fully moved to an alert position.

On a side note: before this event we never saw or encountered a snake. After this event, we've never seen or encountered a snake.
**shrugs**  :crazy: 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1212803 - 01/12/03 06:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think everyone has this instinctual sense, some have it more developed than others.

Around 12-1 am, on September 11, I could not get my mind off the thought of America in war, and when America would go to war again. My questions were answered 8 hours later  :frown:

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1213284 - 01/13/03 02:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The eight circuit model gives ony a very loose approximation of reality...What have you truly confirmed as "6th Circuit" experiences in your life? It does not serve well to fixate on delusion.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1213318 - 01/13/03 02:49 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I would love to see you come up with a better model of reality. Feel free, until then I find the Eightfold model of human consiousness to be very helpful. And what is the delusions I am fixated on? I only use different reality maps than others. What is the delusion?

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1213323 - 01/13/03 02:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

And have you actually went and read all of the model?

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1213337 - 01/13/03 03:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have a high familiarity with the eightfiold model having read most of RAW's books and several of Leary's. I just wished to remind you that the model does not represent reality. Yes, the circuits do make a good model but needs improving.

When I spoke of delusion I meant do you analyse all of the synchronicities you are having and check they actually contain meaning and not just coincidences onto which you superimpose your own meaning. I used to do this myself. Sometimes you can make better progress by treading lightly, unencumbered by theories and models.

By the way, The eight circuit model represents the human mind which I beleive to be a grain of sand on the beach of reality. So to call it a theory of reality gives it too much credit!

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Anonymous

#1213355 - 01/13/03 03:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"To understand neurological space, Dr. Leary assumes that the nervous system consists of eight potential circuits, or "gears," or mini-brains. Four of these brains are in the usually active left lobe and are concerned with our terrestrial survival; four are extraterrestrial, reside in the "silent" or inactive right lobe, and are for use in our future evolution."

I suggest you all go and read this article.

LEFT BRAIN : RIGHT BRAIN
http://www.viewzone.com/bicam.html

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: ]
    #1213360 - 01/13/03 03:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think Tim actaully isolated the physical location of each circuit. He based the model more on standard psychological theory relating to the roles of each hemisphere.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: ]
    #1214373 - 01/13/03 10:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think almost everyone hear is familiar with the theory(the 8 fold model).

www.deoxy.org has an excellent in depth look at it, along with a variety of others by Leary, Mckenna, and others.

I certainly hope everyone already knows about the left, right hemispheres and their basic functions.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Edited by 3eyedgod (01/13/03 10:35 AM)

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1214447 - 01/13/03 11:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I dont think Tim actaully isolated the physical location of each circuit. He based the model more on standard psychological theory relating to the roles of each hemisphere.

No shit shirlock. It goes the same way with other scientific models like with gravity.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1216005 - 01/13/03 08:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

LOL - Well he could have suggested possible physical areas of the brain which he thought related to each circuit, I just didnt think he had. But I dont like to assume certitude about anything if I can avoid it.

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1216113 - 01/13/03 09:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It is also important to note that Robert Wilson and Timothy Leary both point out that the map of reality is only a map and not actual reality. It is convinient to use this map when communicating to friends.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1216189 - 01/13/03 11:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I agree but sometimes we forget that the map does not represent the territory. Have you read Quantum Psychology? I think this susceptibility of ours to forget the differnce between models and reality comes from our over use of the word "is" and all its relatives. RAW describes this brilliantly in Quantum Psychology. The actual version of English without the use of "is" goes by the name of E-prime. It is(oops) not easy to get the hang of!!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1217106 - 01/14/03 07:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That is how people become psychotic, I am not psychotic. I am aware that everything I experience is within my own mind, and I create reality maps. It just sounded like you were personally attacking me. I am all too aware of that though, thanks for pointing that out, peace.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1217257 - 01/14/03 08:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No worries!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

#24593972 - 08/31/17 05:52 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Good.

Holy --

Deoxy has really been decked out.. Check it.

:heart:

Yeah, buddy.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

InvisiblehTx
(:
Male User Gallery

Loc: Space-time
Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: once in a lifetime]
    #24597307 - 09/02/17 12:06 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Have the synchronicities began taking on personalities?
As if some grand super intelligence suddenly becomes aware your aware of it?
I do not remember if this is more in line with the 8th or the 7th, the categorization is personally meaningless to me at this point.
that is not to say the map is not useful.

It all blends together for me now, and I am unafraid.

When I discovered the 8 circuit model, the one who introduced it to me was ranting about a 9th circuit of consciousness he had possibly discovered.
We discussed the book for a few days then poof. I never heard from him again.

--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: hTx]
    #24600662 - 09/03/17 01:23 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Its awesome hTx.

I didn't learn about these til recently... I love R..a.W. Videos though.

I like / love R.A.W. a lot.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

OfflineDeadfrancis
I am you
Male User Gallery
Re: Does Anyone else Experience Sixth Sense? [Re: once in a lifetime]
    #24605658 - 09/05/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Buzz buzz

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract