Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Gymnopilus spectabilis "Big Laughing Gym "
    #1212030 - 01/12/03 03:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey I have a question for you guys.
How come I have heard from some people saying that these... Gymnopilus spectabilis "Big Laughing Gym " are active and are psychedelic,but at the same time others say they are not?
Wtich is it!
Has anyone ever tried these,if so what were the results?
Do they contain Psilocybin or what ever it is called or another active chemical?
Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis "Big Laughing Gym " [Re: livingsublime]
    #1212278 - 01/12/03 04:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I got a print of one, I laugh at it whenever I see it. I dont think that helps your cause though...
:tongue:

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Offlinenesta
the Idiot
Loc: United Snakes
    #1212326 - 01/12/03 05:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

as far as i know, it does contain some of the same good stuff from our much beloved psilocybes...however in pretty low amounts, and it is reportedly a very bitter mushroom. i dont know for sure though, i could be wrong. i think there was a report over at erowid at one point of someone taking it with an maoi and getting decent results, fwiw

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis "Big Laughing Gym " [Re: nesta]
    #1212387 - 01/12/03 05:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys.
Ya I check out erowid like everyday,basicly memorized that site by now!
I have read they are very bitter,that sucks.
But I woulden't want to eat them untill I know they had the good shit in them in the first place,hell I know atleast one place on-line that sells them for like $45 for 30 grams,if they had the cemicals were after do you think they would actualy sell them in the USA!
I also have read people buying them from this place but haven't heard much about there use.
I am guessing since they can be bought over the net they probably have other active chemicals that arn't illegal.

OfflineRoKiSdEaD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: South
    #1213017 - 01/12/03 11:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

They do contain psilocybin. The amount isn't as much as Ps. Cubensis, your average tripping mushroom, however. They do contain quite a bit however, and you could trip on them very easily with a few more grams than it would take of cubensis. If you have found a site that says it is based in the USA and they are selling Gymnopilus spectablis, than you are gonna get ripped. If they are in the Netherlands or someplace like that, however, they very well coud sell them. But if you ordered them you would have to worry about customs and shit like that, and if they found them I'm sure you would be in quite a bit of trouble.

But anyway, Gym. spectablis certainly are active, and whoever said they aren't hasn't read very much material. They has also been speculation that they could contain other compounds along with psilocybin.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis "Big Laughing Gym " [Re: RoKiSdEaD]
    #1213047 - 01/13/03 12:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey thanks for the info!
Ya I read that they contain bac..well I can't think of it but I know it starts with a "b",I think I have read that this cheical is fairly active in a couple species of mushrooms.
The site I was talking about was um..uh.well I am not sopose to talk about it I don't think,jlf.
This place also sells a bunch of other mushrooms,like the death angel for like $200 or $280 for 30 grams,why on earth would anyone want to but them!
Most of the mushrooms are around $20-$50 for 30 grams,and non of them besides the gyms I have never herd of,they also have the witches hat but I don't think thats active,so why are they like$40 for 30 grams if the don't do anything!
We do have gyms growing around here in the fall,I have seen tons of them growing on a bank down this back road,but we have so much snow!
Next summer I will take out my camera and take pics of som cool shrooms.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #1213364 - 01/13/03 05:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Baeocystin? The specific company sells a lot of stuff that is highly questionable from a legal view, has had some troubles for it, but continue to sell the most controversial stuff, as the mushrooms and poppy straw.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience