Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
Good Voyage Music
    #1194211 - 01/05/03 10:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all,
I've only tripped once and am planning my second time for March. I want to take some time to get some quality music for the trip. I've taken your suggestions for various artists that have been posted on other sights and am going to start compiling a collection but my concern is this (maybe some of you older trippers will be of some help) I'm not looking for dj or techno funk music. I'm 27 and just don't like what I did when I was 22. At the same time I don't want new age crap. I've heard that african drums can be rythmically trippy so I'm going to check that out. I've also heard falling rain or running water can be trippy too. Inticitely complex or sedatively methodical rythems are what I'm interested In. Any help in artists would be great.

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1194219 - 01/05/03 10:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

As usual, I will prescribe Shpongle to you. A friend of mine of 28 recently listened to it for the first time on mushrooms and was blown away.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: Strumpling]
    #1194700 - 01/06/03 11:30 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I know, another lame question by a newbie, I'm familiar w/ shpongle and brian eno and Amon Tobin, coil, IM, etc....those are typical answers...not that they're not good/awesome, I was just lookin for somethin like Steriolab or the Grandaddies....both are awesome on E, much more mellow yet powerfully energized at times. I definitely wasn't implyin that I was older and didn't like what has been posted already, I'm just really lookin for some good instrumental rock n role that isn't overly fast and highly energized...no techno/pop/funk/fuse...no synthetics...I think I'll have to give them a go....you should too...

Grandaddy: "he's simple, he's dumb, he's the pilot" and "Jed the humanoid" bring you to another level while on e, I gotta try them on shrooms and will let you know.

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Offlinedjgiant
cut up music

Loc: abq,nm
    #1194768 - 01/06/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

sigur ros? there on some werid rock type shtuff, you might get into if your into epic 10 minute songs with no real beggining middle or end.pink floyds is always a favorite..um more on the jazz tip i'd say the cinematic orchestra are a choice pick, um yeah or medeski martin and wood. i hear classical music is wonderful on shrooms bu ti don't know enough about it to reccomend a title.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1194843 - 01/06/03 12:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't heard Shpongle compared to any of those others you mentioned along with it. If you haven't tripped to Shpongle then unfortunately you can't understand what we mean - its a bit like the matrix rofl

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: Strumpling]
    #1198532 - 01/07/03 04:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

As usual, I will prescribe Shpongle to you. A friend of mine of 28 recently listened to it for the first time on mushrooms and was blown away. 

haha i've just finished reading about 8 other threads, and there you are...talking about your shpongle...lol
it's cool :smile:

try download-effxor...it's cool

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineHead
Mister
Loc: Holland
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: soylent_green]
    #1199408 - 01/08/03 02:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I like to Listen to Chemistry Is What We Are by Simian

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #1200915 - 01/08/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well...

Im all about the Sigur Ros these days... some songs are awesome, some (older stuff) doesnt work for me. Try the new album, and the last one. :smile:

Didgeridoo music? Inlakesh, James Asher- Red Rythm dragon, Sand in the drums, Didgworks.

Some of the other stuff i have listened to a lot would be Mogwai, Silver Mount Zion, Explosions in the sky... 

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1201130 - 01/08/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Simian is great... Sigur Ros grew on me, i enjoy the approach that theyre taking and the fact that hes singing in a madeup language... Mogwai/GYBE!/ and pretty much anything on constellation recs is decent... just picked up the shalabi effects trial of saint-orange... pretty weird... ever listen to Can or Acid Mothers Temple? check them out... My Bloody Valentine of course...

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1207699 - 01/10/03 04:51 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I like these two songs

Summer love - Starzd

Astrology- power plant

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: soylent_green]
    #1207876 - 01/10/03 06:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hm, I don't have that one Download album - but most of their stuff has a dark streak in it and can be...often seems difficult for the unfamiliar.
(I love them, however- along with Skinny Puppy, Coil, Tool and other mindbending dark matter)
Unlike my friends, who on too many trips end up going "hey, ______ , please can we stop examining the dark recesses of our mind and play some goddamned Delerium or Shpongle now?"
(Also love them, of course)

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Anonymous

#1207888 - 01/10/03 06:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Oasis, Tool, Live, and Primus (to fuck with your head).

OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
    #1208824 - 01/11/03 07:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Get some Donna the buffalo, d/l their live shit. If you want some songs PM me and I'll set them up on a website

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: valour]
    #1209711 - 01/11/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hm, I don't have that one Download album - but most of their stuff has a dark streak in it and can be...often seems difficult for the unfamiliar.
(I love them, however- along with Skinny Puppy, Coil, Tool and other mindbending dark matter)
Unlike my friends, who on too many trips end up going "hey, ______ , please can we stop examining the dark recesses of our mind and play some goddamned Delerium or Shpongle now?"
(Also love them, of course) 

it's an amazing album.
and i love all the rest you named too :smile: very good to listen too. but your right...if someon isn't into them, it can be kinda weird

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Offlinesolidox
sir

Loc: Romania
    #1210263 - 01/11/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First of all, what everybody is saying about shpongle is true. It's the best, but it sound cheesy until you listen to in while tripping. You should also try Nightmares on Wax, I think this is what you need, from what I understands from your posts. Then try some Sigur Ros and Cinematic Orchestra. And of course, the classics: Pink Floyd, Led Zep, etc.

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: Good Voyage Music [Re: roygbiv]
    #1211202 - 01/12/03 05:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeh, probably the best part about Sigur is their attempt to reach everyone, no lyrics, no words, just music... never heard of those other two bands tho, will give them a try...

to stonedfish...  PRIMUS?!?! jesus man! I love primus, but if i heard them while tripping i would either die laughing or lose it due to the weirdness.
... actually, now that I think of it im gonna try listening to them next trip.. :smile: 

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract