Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
christianity
    #1208369 - 01/11/03 02:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

lots of post here seem to be anti-christian. whats the deal with that? why dont people like christianity?

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: christianity [Re: sancho]
    #1208731 - 01/11/03 06:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Blame the atheists :grin: .
As for me, i disagree with most of christian beliefs, mostly the ones regarding existential issues but i believe in fair arguing.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1208811 - 01/11/03 07:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Because Christianity is used time and again to justify hate and even violence.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1208822 - 01/11/03 07:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Because religon doesn't allow a person to find their own truth.

...and any religon is just a big brainwashing cult that wants your money.  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1208828 - 01/11/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Epicurus

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: christianity [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1208834 - 01/11/03 07:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That's deep, man. I gotta remember that.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: christianity [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1209034 - 01/11/03 08:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It came to the prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 45:6-7) that God is the author of evil. Evil is a shadow cast by existence. It may be considered to be 'the absence of goodness' (privatio boni), and in that sense it is not a positive presence. Like cold is not a positive quality, but the absence of heat. As imperfection, evil helps to define the difference between perfect Creator and imperfect creation.

Another take on evil is that it belongs to a spiritual reality, the major quality of which is hatred aimed at the will of God. Since humanity is a sentient creation of God (an 'image and likeness' of God), that hatred is directed toward humanity as well. In this regard, humans can be suffused with the spirit of evil and perpetrate hateful acts, large and small, individual or global. Evil thus personified has assumed many names from ancient times to the present, but it remains like the Hebrew name Satan describes it - adversary.

If one has reached a state of Divine Apatheia, or dispassion as they say in the East, then one accepts this even as evil happens to the dispassionate. However, for the majority who have not realized that natural evil like volcanoes and tornadoes are 'just happening,' or that genocide is not essentially different than a disease organism destroying a benevolent 'culture' (petrie dish or country) - there is a need to choose up sides and take a stand on the side of Compassion, against hatred. Evil is not opposite and equal to good in the religions of the Book. It is created, not Creator.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#1209150 - 01/11/03 09:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Lots of people here have been fed doctrines and dogmas by parents and others who neither understood, or actually embodied the spiritual nature of a Christian. Most of those teachers misused Biblical doctrines in typically manipulative ways to frighten and control. A spiritual doctrine imparted by a spiritual person, brings that doctrine to life in the newbie. It is demonstrated by the spiritual person. Otherwise, it is a mere shell of words without the living kernal.

Children and late adolescents don't like to be told what to do or not to do, but unlike adults (who also don't like being told), they are exclusively in the receiving end. It empowers adults to control children (which is one reason why I have never had children).

Most people here have little understanding about what they can potentially get from reading the Bible. Firstly, there is a lack of humility, secondly there is a lack of patience ("In patience possess ye your souls."). With all this youthful arrogance based on a usually half-baked appraisal of life ('Look at all the atrocities perpetrated in the name of Christ!!!,' for example), people throw the baby and his brothers and sisters, out with the bath water. The translation from living spiritual truth in certain human beings, to entire institutions and 'Christian cultures' is just a poor translation. Only the form and appearance of tradition is apparent. Other posts here that question the Reality of spiritual Truth because the physical world has not yet been transformed into the "Omega Point,' into Christ, are a misunderstanding from the beginning. The material world is merely tinted with the appearance and trappings of Christian tradition. The New Testament is about making spiritual transformation available, not about taking over the world and painting it 'Christian.' How much of the world's coal turns to diamonds?

Want more reasons? Late adolescents who have not as yet integrated their instinctual lives into their greater personalities - that is, they are still involved with hypothalamic sub-cortical behavior - f**king and fighting primarily. These instincts have not yet come under the governance of higher cortical functions - haven't been sublimated or cilvilized or tamed or trained by higher priciples into 'making love' and 'self-defense.' Therefore, the still-pagan behaviors place them in the Biblical category of 'sinner,' (not that even saints aren't still sinners). 20 somethings usually are not willing or able to train up these youthful energies, and can't be expected to abide like their nice church-going grandparents whose sex drive is a done deal and who just don't throw down for the hell of it anymore. So, rather than start from where they're at, and not attempt to become something they're not, they knock over the whole game board. 'Not gonna play 'Christianity' any more, it's not fun, God is either mean or celibate, or He wants me to get married and settle down. Think I'll continue to f**k-'n-fight, but sit cross-legged for a while every day and trip out on the weekends.' Yeah, that's the ticket.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1209405 - 01/11/03 11:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The moral precepts that Christ (if he existed) taught are admirable. Believing and preaching religious dogma and worshipping are rather silly occupations for rational beings to engage in and are a sorry substitute for truly living your life by the examples and teachings of Christ.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1209535 - 01/11/03 12:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The New Testament is about making spiritual transformation available, not about taking over the world and painting it 'Christian.' How much of the world's coal turns to diamonds?

The New Testament is about making spiritual transformation available, not about taking over the world and painting it 'Christian.' How much of the world's coal turns to diamonds?

I don't like the implications these statements point at.

Eliteism
and
Pagan bashing

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1209545 - 01/11/03 12:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well, it's the most popular religion around these parts, and therefore it gets the most criticism from people who don't blindly believe goofy fairy tales.

Also, the bible is the only piece of hate literature that is so widely considered to be good and wholesome. A lot of the shit in there is disgusting.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: christianity [Re: Phluck]
    #1209610 - 01/11/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

History is a fairy tale.  :tongue: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlineundecided
Re: christianity [Re: Phluck]
    #1209612 - 01/11/03 01:22 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If Jesus himself was alive today, he would probably be brought to tears at the sight of the modern day Pharisees who preach in his name. It is my opinion that Christianity has literally become like the Pharisees who put Christ to death.

And ironically, if Jesus was to come back today, probably not a single Christian would accept him.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: christianity [Re: undecided]
    #1209617 - 01/11/03 01:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Jesus would be put into a mental institution or beaten up for being 'queer'.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleMountainMist
Stranger

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: christianity [Re: undecided]
    #1209717 - 01/11/03 02:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

If Jesus himself was alive today, he would probably be brought to tears at the sight of the modern day Pharisees who preach in his name. It is my opinion that Christianity has literally become like the Pharisees who put Christ to death.

And ironically, if Jesus was to come back today, probably not a single Christian would accept him.

Didn't you hear the news? Jesus DID come back. Only problem is, he came back as a black man in the South and was lynched by the "Christians" for being "an uppity ni**er."

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1210052 - 01/11/03 04:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: christianity [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1211172 - 01/12/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No "pagan bashing" intended. Moreover, the term today is somewhat different than the category of individuals in first century Judea. However, Wiccans and Pagans whom I know, or know of, revel in the cycles of nature and take comfort in transmigration of soul back to the Earth plane. This kind of natural religion is not identical with the goals of high religion with regard to our transcendence to higher dimensions. The goals of Paganism (generally speaking) are thus quite different from Christianity (in particular). To each his own. I attended a Pagan Yule Tide (Christmas Eve) this year, though I am Christian. Not my cup of mead, but the party was by my Lady's friend who just divorced her husband and had moved into a new house.

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1211458 - 01/12/03 08:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Glad to hear it. :cool:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
    #1211480 - 01/12/03 08:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lots of post here seem to be anti-christian. whats the deal with that? why dont people like christianity?

It's not so much Christianity as religion as a whole...It's all a joke

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order