Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMezuah
Fellow Hunter
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
PF-Tek First Grow *DELETED*
    #12093895 - 02/25/10 08:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Mezuah

Reason for deletion: not valuable

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStillmatic9142
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Mezuah]
    #12093901 - 02/25/10 08:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Is there just verm in those jars?

--------------------
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists & will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together.

-former President & 5 Star General, Dwight D Eisenhower's farewell address to the Nation

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Stillmatic9142]
    #12093927 - 02/25/10 09:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

First of all you overkilled it on the spores. You only need 1cc per half pint.

Secondly do the containers have any type of air exchange? I don't think your substrate is getting enough Gas Exchange which is essential for colonization.

Those cakes should have been fully colonized by now in my honest opinion.

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

My Print/Syringe Trade List

InvisibleMezuah
Fellow Hunter
I'm a teapot

#12093933 - 02/25/10 09:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Brown rice flour,vermiculite and mineral mix. That what's in the jar.
Alltough the micelia is still developing .... any suggestions on what should i do next?

Edited by Mezuah (02/25/10 09:10 AM)

Offlinehashmore
sunshine, lollie pops and...
 User Gallery

#12093982 - 02/25/10 09:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Now the question part.
How long do you think i will have to wait until full colonisation?
How long does the average jar takes to colonize?
Is there any chance the mycelia will grow from the inside to the outside?
Does the condesation in the jar and the disentegration of the vermiculite means contamination?
You should be thankful they are actually growing at all with the amount of spore solution you put in them, that can make the sub very wet and most of the time wont grow

--------------------
"It is easier to bring others down then to bring yourself up"

Offlinehashmore
sunshine, lollie pops and...
 User Gallery

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: hashmore]
    #12094001 - 02/25/10 09:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you should let them colonize, be patient and they with colonize 100% be sure to wait a week after full colonization before birthing:thumbup:

--------------------
"It is easier to bring others down then to bring yourself up"

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #12094005 - 02/25/10 09:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mezuah said:
Hello guys ... this is my first time of an atempt of a pf-tek grow.
At the begining so i could minimize the costs i have bought 5 pre sterilized jars from shroomtech , and 3 spore syringes. 1 Cambodian , 1 B+ , and 1 Keepers Creepers. I have inoculated 1 jar with 8cc of cambodian , 1 with 8cc of b+ , 1 with 8cc of keepers and 2 jars with 4 cc each of the combined 3 syringes. The jars have been hold in a sterile chamber enclosed within another chamber wich's wall have been covered and sealed with upvc sterilized foil, at an average of 26-28 degrees celsius in complete darkness except once in 2 days for 5 minutes whilst examination.
It has been 3 weeks from the inoculation process and the jars look like this:
creepers

cambodian

Cambodian,B+,Creepers (in the same jar)

Now the question part.
How long do you think i will have to wait until full colonisation?
How long does the average jar takes to colonize?
Is there any chance the mycelia will grow from the inside to the outside?
Does the condesation in the jar and the disentegration of the vermiculite means contamination?

When they reach 100% colonization wait another 5-7 days to let them consolidate, a 1/2 pint for me usually takes 21 days

15 days to colonize

The myc will prob start from the outside and grow towards the inside since you innoc against the jar that's why we wait and let them consolidate

Your fruiting preformance might reallly take a hit now since you used so much solution

How big are thoes containers

Read this http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11585613/fpart/1

Edited by Shea25 (02/25/10 09:31 AM)

OfflineKysmoker
Shroomer In Training
Male

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Shea25]
    #12094107 - 02/25/10 09:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty much what shae said. 8cc is definitly overkill, as mentioned. Next time use 1cc per jar.

Most jars are usually done by about 3 weeks. Once the jars are fully colonized on the outside, they are more than likely colonized on the inside as well. The extra 4-7 days is to allow to mycelium to eat and establish its hold on the substrate. They wont fruit during this time anyway, even if you put them in fruiting conditions, so thats why most people just wait.

You could have easily created some wet spots in your jar with that much liquid, if spots are too wet they will not colonize, and youll have to cut that portion out.

You also mixed some strains, which is not a good idea, as it created competition amongst the mycelium.

I would heavily advise making your own jars next time, its probably much cheaper than what you paid for those. 

I would wait it out and see what those do, who knows, you might get lucky.

--------------------
Your class, your caste, your country, sect, your name or your tribe
There's people always dying trying to keep them alive
There are bodies decomposing in containers tonight
In an abandoned building where
A squatter's made a mural of a Mexican girl
With fifteen cans of spray paint in a chemical swirl
She's standing in the ashes at the end of the world
Four winds blowing through her hair

-Four Winds by Bright Eyes

InvisibleMezuah
Fellow Hunter
I'm a teapot

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Shea25]
    #12094108 - 02/25/10 09:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The jars are 255ml. If someone can tell me what should i do next?

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #12094116 - 02/25/10 09:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Throw them out and look at the link I posted. start again

Edited by Shea25 (02/25/10 09:50 AM)

InvisibleStillmatic9142
Learner
 User Gallery

#12094123 - 02/25/10 09:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just wait, that's all you can do. Be patient. My jars are on day 20 and probably still have another couple days to go..

--------------------
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists & will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together.

-former President & 5 Star General, Dwight D Eisenhower's farewell address to the Nation

Offlinehallucinogenius
Mr Man
Male

Loc: England. Flag
    #12094133 - 02/25/10 09:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Put them in a dark place till they fully colonise, hope they grow and then go to the fruiting stage.

Id also suggest making some more of your own jars and not use so much spore solution.

Good luck

--------------------
I can't wait for hell, it's going to be warm and all my friends will be there. :satansmoking:

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: hallucinogenius]
    #12094150 - 02/25/10 09:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I say you throw those cakes in your back yard. Buy some actual pftek jars and do it the right way.

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

InvisibleStillmatic9142
Learner
 User Gallery

#12094166 - 02/25/10 09:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hallucinogenius said:
Put them in a dark place till they fully colonise, hope they grow and then go to the fruiting stage.

I'm not too sure they need to be in a dark place. My jars get light from my room when the sun is out, and they are doing fine.

--------------------

InvisibleMoetsukiru
Stoner Nerd
Male

#12094174 - 02/25/10 10:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

but wait... seriously...

what should he do next...

:lmafo:

--------------------
Everything I say is a lie or complete fabrication.  Posting on forums as a "character" is a hobby of mine.  Sometimes I pretend I used to grow mushrooms, but really it's just a story based on things I've read on shroomery.org

OfflineKysmoker
Shroomer In Training
Male

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Stillmatic9142]
    #12094176 - 02/25/10 10:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stillmatic9142 said:
Quote:

hallucinogenius said:

I'm not too sure they need to be in a dark place. My jars get light from my room when the sun is out, and they are doing fine.

Light doesnt really matter when theyre colonizing. FAE is a much bigger pinning trigger. This is an argument thats somewhat debated though.

--------------------
Your class, your caste, your country, sect, your name or your tribe
There's people always dying trying to keep them alive
There are bodies decomposing in containers tonight
In an abandoned building where
A squatter's made a mural of a Mexican girl
With fifteen cans of spray paint in a chemical swirl
She's standing in the ashes at the end of the world
Four winds blowing through her hair

-Four Winds by Bright Eyes

Offlinepsychodelicbrother
Stranger
Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Kysmoker]
    #12094186 - 02/25/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

so one can only wait and see what happens?

InvisibleMoetsukiru
Stoner Nerd
Male

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: psychodelicbrother]
    #12094190 - 02/25/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psychodelicbrother said:

Maybe sing to it?

--------------------
Everything I say is a lie or complete fabrication.  Posting on forums as a "character" is a hobby of mine.  Sometimes I pretend I used to grow mushrooms, but really it's just a story based on things I've read on shroomery.org

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: psychodelicbrother]
    #12094194 - 02/25/10 10:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psychodelicbrother said:

:chillin:

--------------------

InvisibleStillmatic9142
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: PF-Tek First Grow [Re: Kysmoker]
    #12094215 - 02/25/10 10:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kysmoker said:
Quote:

Stillmatic9142 said:
Quote:

hallucinogenius said:

Light doesnt really matter when theyre colonizing. FAE is a much bigger pinning trigger. This is an argument thats somewhat debated though.

Maybe as they get closer to full colonization it might be a good idea to cover them up, but I don't see how they can be triggered to pin if they aren't colonized. But hey, everyone has their own preference and I'm not experienced at all... Yet  :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck