Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

(Maz,TC,PESA,Lamai Beach)/ log ***Completed***
    #1208930 - 01/11/03 08:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well this is the 2nd attempt at cakes.  My dog had great results the first time around and scored loads of mushies...    This time with more confidence He is continuing with great success with the basic methods...   
STRAINS: He and his friend went in an got 4 varieties total from (THE) The Hawks Eye, but for the sake of his sanity started the Mazatepec and Treasure coast first and 3 weeks later started the other 2, PESA and Lamai Beach.   
MIX:  BRV in half pint jars. 
TEK:  PF TEK Boiled half pint jars for an hour and super cooled in the winter air.  Innoculated through punched holes in lids with syringe.  Covered with foil and put back into the box for incubation.
Incubation and extra TEK used: After incubating in the jars for the better of 5 weeks +.  Birthday was a easy process.  He then directly cold shocked and dunked simutaneously in BIG ziplock bags.  He then placed the cakes into the ziplocks and filled with water, squeezing out the remaining air.  They went into the fridge overnight and then were placed into the terrarium.

The terrarium setup also very basic, has worked pretty well for him.  1/2 inch perlite coating the bottom of a clear plastic terrarium.  He cut out the lid and attacthed a clear baking tray on the top to allow light to come directly from the window into the setup.  This seems to make the mushies grow more straight and fruit pretty quickly.  Though never trying anything else this is only an assumption.   

Though his only problem is the build up of the mycelium on the base of the shrooms.  Seems to be localized and not wandering up the stems.  So I am not worried at this point, but suggestions as to solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

He will let the pics do the rest of the talking...  :grin: 

This pic below was taken about 10 hours from the last one.  What a difference it makes in a few hours..  This cake is out of control....  But in a good way...  What do you guys think??

This pic below is of a few Treasure Coast cakes that have begun to pin.  Looks like a few big fatties will come of these beauties...    The mazatepec has slacked off some and are regrouping for another round I suppose..  The PESA and Lamai Beach are almost 100% colonized in the jars and will be ready for dunking soon...

After his long weekend here are a few pretty nice pics of the Treasure Coast in all its shroom glory..  I like these pics.    :laugh:

Something Interesting happened with this Mazatepec cake!

When he left for the weekend, it was growing immense pins on the bottom, so he turned it over...    The ither dog  looked one day and noticed it was getting pins on the other side near the bottom..  So what to do?  He split the cake in half and put them both facing up.  And look at these pin sets!  Nice observation by the dogs friend!!!!!    And I think the separation anxiety caused some gnarly looking mutants...    Close up below...   

Here a few days later, the half with the nice pinset is at maturity and ready for harvest...  I thought I would put up these couple pics, as they are a dense set for a cake that was flipped over and then split...  Maybe there is something to that...

Top View

This is his first real casing..
STRAIN: Mazatepec cakes, sliced and layered. 
TEK: 50/50 casing...  (They didn't have Vermiculite, so it was cased with Jiffy Mix, Peat and a small amount of Lime.)   
Jiffy mix is a mixture of Vermiculite, Peat and Lime already.  So he mixed some fresh peat and lime just to expand upon it, keeping relatively the same concentration.  We will see...

This is after 4 days covered with foil, and then put it in the aquarium.  Should he patch the mycelium breaking through and cover again or just let it go now??

Should he COLD :blush:    shock this casing??    This is what it looks like today.....   

Here a few updates of the Casing of Mazatepec.  he also cased 3 cakes of PESA and am going to case 3 cakes of Lamai Beach this afternoon..  Hope everyone is doing well and up to their gills in fungus....  Peace Groovy

Pics of the first flush off the Mazatepec casing..  What do you guys think???

Here is an update of the casings..  The PESA casing is coming along very nicely, and the mazatepec is getting ready for the 2nd flush.  He decided to deep scratch the mazatepec casing after the first flush.  It looked like a warzone after  picking off the first flush.  He is going to get a weight on that by the way soon.  Today He pushed the casing layer a bit and it had many many pins under It. 

The latest on the casings!  There is  3 casings here, the two smaller ones are PESA.  The large casing is the mazatepec.  The second flush was nice!  Not as huge as the first flush, but the fruits were quite a bit bigger.  So it was a trade off, nice size but less quantity....  The PESA casing here is pinning like mad.  He is anxious to see what these babies will grow up to look like.. 

A day later....

Here are the mature pictures of the first flush of PESA.  He had a few pretty cool mutants pop up...  Man these PESA are strong as hell.. He had a total mind melt down after taking in 5 grams dry of these babies...  The trip was awesome.. Very visual and and very powerful...  It was so much different than the mazzies.. He said over all, he enjoyed the spiritual trip of the mazatepec a little more...  But the power of these PESA'S are something 2...

Only 2 cakes left...  He didn't case the treasure coast because they were doing fine with the cakes...  Putting off big fruits..  Here is the last 2 mushies these cakes produced...  The cap was bigger than the whole cake...  Nice!!!!

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Edited by groviesunrise (02/19/03 12:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Mazatepec and TC pics/Setup [Re: groviesunrise]
    #1208941 - 01/11/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Nice job :smile:
why on the last pic are most shrooms redish?but some (the yellowish)
look like my mazatecs.is this common diffrent coloured shrooms?or
just the lighting?

--------------------
er

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1208942 - 01/11/03 08:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

welp u might wanna move that into the grow log. good gro bro. also fixing that problem is not necessary. its just the mush's naturaul reaction to high humidity.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinegee_bone
Seeker FromNature

#1208944 - 01/11/03 08:20 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You definitely should do a grow log.
Try casing you cakes with some pasteurized or microwaved peat/vermiculite and lime mix.

The mycelium growing up the mushrooms is normal. Don't sweat it, though you may be too humid.

--------------------
Dissidents are punished far more by themselves than by society.

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1208967 - 01/11/03 08:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You are gonna love those Mazzies when you eat them, they are my favorite!! :cool: 

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Re: Mazatepec and TC pics/Setup [Re: gee_bone]
    #1208971 - 01/11/03 08:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks all.... Wasn't sure if I should start a log or not... Is there anyway to move this tread without starting another? Im glad the creeping Mycelium is cool.. I wasn't sweating it to much, I will try and fan more often.

The color difference is the mature shrooms that capped already versus the the ones still pinning. The mature ones are lighter in color. The Treasure Coast are starting to pin now and will put up those pics in a few days as they become more prominent... Will be cool to see the difference in variety as they are growing side by side..

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1208979 - 01/11/03 08:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

well i notified a mod and they can move it. also if your done with the gl tell em to put *completed* at top so it will be moved to www.shroomery.org/logs.php as well.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Re: Mazatepec and TC pics/Setup [Re: gee_bone]
    #1208993 - 01/11/03 08:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

gee_bone
Is there a link for the casing with Peat/Verm/lime ? I did a casing the first time, but left on vacation before it fruited. My buddies took care of it, and they told me it had huge fruits on it. I would def like to try it again... thanks

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
    #1213338 - 01/13/03 03:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If my cakes grew like that there would be no need in casing

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineGhostPanther
herbsman

Loc: ?unknown?
    #1213626 - 01/13/03 05:24 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

very impressive pinset there. most peoples cakes seem to fruit mostly toward the bottom, your pins are all over! I usually cut em in half ("wafer tek" i believe??)place the cakes on a moist layer of verm to increase bottom growth. super grow. keep us posted.

--------------------

http://overgrow.com
http://buddhanet.net

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Moist Verm [Re: GhostPanther]
    #1214405 - 01/13/03 10:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First off thanks for the nice comments...

So you think moist vermiculite placed on the bottom will improve pinset on the bottoms?? I remember the first time I grew, I poked holes in the bottoms of all the foil squares the cakes sat upon. The cakes actuallly grew pseudo roots right through the holes and into the perlite water mix below. I was thinking of doing this again and seeing what happens..

Maybe I will do half with the holes and half with the moist verm and see what comes of it..

I harvested the first flush from that cake and came up with over 30 shrooms. Now lets hope the rest of my cakes produce similiar results..

Updated pics to come soon.. the TC have HUGE pins on them. Cant wait to see them in comparison..

Till then..

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Re: Moist Verm [Re: groviesunrise]
    #1218182 - 01/14/03 01:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

.....UPDATED TODAY 1/14/03.....

I am going to keep udating pictures and progress in the first post instead of having pics throught the post.. Leaving the bottom just for discussions..

I was wondering what is everyones favorite strain?? How do Mazzies compare to Treasure Coast? or others...?

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: Moist Verm [Re: groviesunrise]
    #1223578 - 01/16/03 10:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Those are some of the most impressive cakes i've seen. Way to go man, let's pray mine comes out even close to yours. What about a trip report on those Maz??

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

thanks.. [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1223932 - 01/16/03 01:04 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Believe me I am impressed myself with the results thus far....    The Treasure Coast have begun to explode onto the scene now.  I am wowed at the size and strength these little fatties have shown.  What a great producer as far as yield per fruit.    Ill keep ya posted.....

Ooops forgot... The trip report..  Well believe or not I havn't tried it yet..  I am going wait for a good upcoming weekend.  I have heard great things about these guys and will let you know as I find out for myself..    :grin:

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Edited by groviesunrise (01/16/03 01:09 PM)

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Re: Mazatepec and TC pics/Setup [Re: PooGrower]
    #1235044 - 01/20/03 07:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well after a weekend get away, I returned to some pretty nice pictures that awaited to be taken....  1/21/03 :laugh:

Also I tried a casing...  Please give me pointers on having a good first experience...    Check above for the story..

peace...
groovy

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

#1238631 - 01/22/03 04:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm still waitin on that trip report for the Maz groovey.. hook a brother up :smile: 

--------------------

I forgot to remember.

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Re: Mazatepec and TC pics/Setup [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1238766 - 01/22/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Geeesh... alright alright twist my arm! I will eat em this weekend... A few pals and I are getting together, so a night will be had by all... I am excited to see what the mazatepec is like... My first time, I had Thai Lipa Yai and I really wasn't to thrilled with its all around trip..... Was kind of speedy and had me under the covers waiting for goblins.. That is how I felt anyway.. So the spiritual side of Mazzies I hope will fare better the the thai...

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
    #1238800 - 01/22/03 05:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

man its the same drug dont expect anything different

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Invisiblegroviesunrise
ApprenticeFarmer

Re: Mazatepec and TC pics/Setup [Re: deprave]
    #1238827 - 01/22/03 06:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ok... Well first, I have to say I have tried many shrooms... Usually the ones I picked myself in the cow fields. I have tried other peoples home grown shrooms also... And from my experience the trips have all been different from the type of shroom.. I think though psilocybin is the same chemical make up in every cubensis, I think its effects are different in a way of intesity, spirituality and duration. Not every variety will produce same trip, sorry man..

--------------------
. . P E A C E . .

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

#1238921 - 01/22/03 06:43 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I agree. deprave, i've had many different types of shrooms too. And i've had completely different trips from them all. All shrooms will not produce the same type of trip.

--------------------

I forgot to remember.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures