Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
a ponderance on reliagon, and thoght forms.
    #1208595 - 01/11/03 07:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There is a supreme conciseness. I say conciseness because ?being? isn?t quite right? it brings to mind something with a body, an agenda. I compare ?god? to a well and all things are the water that is drawn from the well. It is insufficient to refer to the well simple as water because it is more than that. It is the Source. That is what god is to me The Source of all things. God has no gender. I think it is foolish to attribute one to It. But for the sake of a discussion it is easier to genderize the Source, so I like to use the feminine. I have always connected with women better than men so I refer to god as a female.

Goddess is a benign force. Nothing that happens on this earth (or anywhere else) can be blamed on Her. Humans have free will. Without that our existence would be meaningless. We all are free to beat each other rape each other, and love and protect each other. There is no heaven or hell. Only a progression of how we understand the Source.

All of that aside for the moment, I have some thoughts on the evolution of the god form.

All through the history of man, people have tried to name, and attribute features to the god form. But as the Source is all things, this is a very hard task. Early people adopted a polytheistic viewpoint that incorporated many gods and goddesses.

As the worship of certain god forms grew, energy given off by the believers strengthened the particular aspect of their idolization. Most early religions, gave sacrifices to their gods. These deaths gave off a great deal of energy. Over time enough energy from sacrifices and the belief of the worshippers add a type of permanence to the god form. Once this point has been reached, addition energy is not required to maintain the god form. The god form becomes part of the collective conciseness.

Even hundreds of years later, the god form survives, and people feel the energy from it and are drawn to them. This explains why some gods from dead religions still have cults today. A good example of this is the Goddess Hecate.

Compare it to the Christian trinity, but it?s not 3 in 1, it?s infinity in one.

Going on to Christianity to use it as an example?

The Christian god started out as the god of a small tribe of people in Israel. They did sacrifice to him, innocent lambs. A messiah was promised to come from this god and eventually it did in the form of Jesus. I think that the Jesus is greatly misunderstood. He is viewed now in a global context, not the Hebrew context. This is a bad thing. In order for him to properly convey the message of the true Source to his people he had to ?dumb it down? for them, and put things in the context that the Jews would understand. His life ended in the sacrifice of his own life to spread the word of the Source. It was only after this that the Hebrew god spread globally. Without the death of Jesus, then the Hebrew god would not have gained the following that He did.

Going on.

If aspects, (partitions if you will), of the Source can be created in this manner, than it seems to me that thought-forms can also be made like this.

After all, isn?t an young god form a thought form shared by many? That seems to make senses.

So with attribution of physical aspects, a defined personality, belief, and a great deal of energy, a most excellent thought-form can be created.

RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: a ponderance on reliagon, and thoght forms. [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #1208726 - 01/11/03 08:37 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

we all have the key to hevon and hell, but we just dont relise it we are all master of our universe.

Today god forms are still being created but in a way that we are almost blind. Take moviestars and people in the media because of there past karm there rebirth has placed them into anlmost god state, but because of this they forget the important things and can turn into a super ego-state. Being god is one of the worst places you could be. But there is a super- conciouness we are all connected, it just getting out of this fish bowl. Constantly forgetting, rebirth after rebirth.

Fighting the man the best way I can.

Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1208809 - 01/11/03 09:25 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There is no heaven or hell. Only a progression of how we understand the Source.

I like that.  :smirk:

What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1209072 - 01/11/03 11:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You bring up some interesting points that I think parallel the idea of "willing things into existence", or making thoughts a reality, which the system of 'magick' is known for doing.

I like your definition of 'god'.  :smile: 

:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1209587 - 01/11/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I share your definition of "God/Godess".

Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology