Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

I Need 15 College Creds For The Military
    #12081913 - 02/23/10 07:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

for the past few months ive been wanting to enlist into either the army or the navy. i could not due to some warrants which are now paid off. a couple weeks ago i spoke with two seperate recruiters and they both told me that because i have a GED i will not be able to get in, unless i have 15 college creds.

i know i started a similar thread on this, but i really didnt go into detail and i wasnt asking the right questions.

has or is anyone attending school on line?

can i sign up for finacial aid even though i owe a community college from 2003?

would it be eaiser to attend school on line or the actual school its self?

are there questions im not asking?

im pretty new to the school thing so im really not sure where to look. all i want to do is find the fastest cheapest way to get 15 college creds so i can start the enlistment.

--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: I Need 15 College Creds For The Military [Re: Dunno]
    #12081929 - 02/23/10 07:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How many times do you have to make a new thread about this everyone said Community College  some one lock this shit

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #12081932 - 02/23/10 07:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They are fucking with you as well. You don't need college to join the military. Any idiot can get in the military.

Actually, mostly idiots do join the military. I'd think about that deeply as possible.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Edited by Kada (02/23/10 08:00 AM)

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: I Need 15 College Creds For The Military [Re: trekie]
    #12081933 - 02/23/10 07:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

can you not keep up or are you just a little slow?

--------------------

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: I Need 15 College Creds For The Military [Re: Kada]
    #12081936 - 02/23/10 07:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i assure you that anyone with a GED will need college creds. they only let a certain percent every year enlist with a ged.

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
    #12081938 - 02/23/10 07:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think it has more to do with you being a criminal and less with being a moron.

I joined and served for 2 years with a GED

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Offlinekanglow
Stranger with Candy
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #12081944 - 02/23/10 07:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
They are fucking with you as well. You don't need college to join the military. Any idiot can get in the military.

Actually, he's right dude.  The usually won't take you if you have a GED; however, they do make exceptions. they only allow so many drop outs in the military each year because it is statistically proven that most folks with GEDs are twice as likely to fail at completing their first term or even staying longer compared to those with HS diplomas or college degrees.  Unless you have a HS diploma, they require 15 college credits.

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: I Need 15 College Creds For The Military [Re: trekie]
    #12081946 - 02/23/10 07:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

a criminal? who said anything about me being a criminal? im pretty sure traffic tickets are okay.

how old are you and when did you enlist? if you get bored, go ahead and look up the percentage the military allows people with a ged to enlist. its quick so it wont take you long.

its 2010... a lot of shit has changed. currently, you need 15 creds or you can sit around and wait for them to open the gates for that 5-10% of people with geds which happens once a year and is on a first come first serve enlistment. i could sit around and call every day and hope they have the gates open, but id rather look into getting my creds so i can move up quicker in rank and get that sign on bounus.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#12082044 - 02/23/10 08:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just stay in college then. The military gets you no where fast. It was a waste of my time and I wasted years just being there. I joined the Marines right out of high school and I have regretted it ever since. I really really wish I would have just went to school. You can be in the Army for 10 years and get out to find out that it doesn't help you find a job at all. That's if you survive these stupid wars that we are starting.

If you want to join the military then that's your mistake, and I would advise you just stay in college if you can get in. That is what will help you succeed in life. The military will make you put your life on hold until they let you go. By then you will just have to hope that you have all of your limbs or your sanity.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

#12082073 - 02/23/10 08:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i just found out i have some credited hours from attending gary job corp years back. i just need to figure out how many.

i know and understand. i have felt the same way about the military my entire life. my grandfather and my dad retired with the airforce and their life pretty much sucks.

i do have a family now and i really dont have time to spend a couple years in school. the military offers sign on bounus and free schooling. i think with a little research i can enter into a job that is needed outside of the military. maybe something in medicle.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#12082226 - 02/23/10 09:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well check out my journal and read about my time in the Marines. Oh, make sure ANYTHING they say you are getting is in writing or you won't get it. They lie.

I always tell people that if you have ANY other way of supporting yourself do that before you join the military. I know so many people that have ruined their lives joining the military. They get divorced like 90% of the time because you are never around and someone cheats or just plain hates the military lifestyle. If you have kids you wont see them for years at a time while being deployed and they grow up without you. Think about that. There are few things that I could see being worse than joining the military. I think jail would be right below that lol.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Offlinejadavi
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12082234 - 02/23/10 09:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
Well check out my journal and read about my time in the Marines. Oh, make sure ANYTHING they say you are getting is in writing or you won't get it. They lie.

I always tell people that if you have ANY other way of supporting yourself do that before you join the military. I know so many people that have ruined their lives joining the military. They get divorced like 90% of the time because you are never around and someone cheats or just plain hates the military lifestyle. If you have kids you wont see them for years at a time while being deployed and they grow up without you. Think about that. There are few things that I could see being worse than joining the military. I think jail would be right below that lol.

^^^^ what this cat said ^^^^

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#12082264 - 02/23/10 09:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Do you honestly want to kill so badly that you're willing to take 15 credit hours of College just to do it?

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: I Need 15 College Creds For The Military [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #12082291 - 02/23/10 09:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

not everyone kills in the military.

if i sign up for 2 years and enter into a job that will def be around after im out then every thing will be cool. something off the top of my head is aviation. there are plenty of jobs outside the military for people who have skills with aviation. its a great pay and leaves plenty of room to move up. if i use the military for school and goto school for somthing that will help asist my aviation career then i should be fine.

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#12082301 - 02/23/10 09:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dunno said:
not everyone kills in the military.

if i sign up for 2 years and enter into a job that will def be around after im out then every thing will be cool. something off the top of my head is aviation. there are plenty of jobs outside the military for people who have skills with aviation. its a great pay and leaves plenty of room to move up. if i use the military for school and goto school for somthing that will help asist my aviation career then i should be fine.

There is no other conceivable reason to join the military unless you want to kill.

No other reason.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

#12082306 - 02/23/10 09:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ummm... money, school, exp., a sense of actually doing something with your life... i know plenty of people who are enlisted or who did their time with the military that never saw battle or have ever killed anyone. dont be so closed minded man!

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#12082319 - 02/23/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

People that don't go into the military wanting to kill have made a huge life changing mistake.

--------------------

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

#12082328 - 02/23/10 09:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

whatever you say homeslice...

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#12082333 - 02/23/10 09:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, do whatever you want, but don't come crying to me when you realize what a mistake you've made.

--------------------

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

#12082338 - 02/23/10 09:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

so what youre telling me is i have no shoulder to cry on any more?!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom