Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineevilturnip
better life through chemicals
Male

Loc: New York, NY
Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience
    #12080270 - 02/22/10 09:09 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

OK, so my first ever experience on a drug (besides marijuana) was DXM (was a crazy introduction), but it turned me onto psychedelics.  DXM obviously isn't hallucinogenic.  My next experience was Salvia (but never smoked enough to give me anything much other than minor visuals). 

I just finished growing my first ever batch of mushrooms and after picking them later this week, I plan to trip next week or the week after.  The funny thing is, I spent so much time worrying about growing them and reading up on dosage, etc that I never actually stopped to think what I would do while actually *using* them. 

Here's the thing: I generally enjoy doing these types of things by myself.  Even when I used to smoke marijuana, the most enjoyment I got was sitting in front of my computer listening to music and staring at the crazy G-force patterns.  With Salvia, I didn't really have to think about it much because it only lasts a few minutes so I'd just smoke it and lie back on my bed in a dark room. 

Now, I know mushroom trips last several hours, so planning what I would want to do is probably more important.  I'm definitely sure I'd rather be tripping by myself.  I've read suggestions of munching on a few and talking a walk.  I live in NYC, so would taking a walk around the city be a good idea or could it cause a freak-out?  Would it be better to just sit around in my room with some good music on?  I guess I'm basically looking for some good suggestions.

Also, keep in mind this would be my first ever experience tripping for all intents and purposes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlazed Boomer
Stoner
Male

Loc: Red Hook, NY
Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: evilturnip]
    #12080299 - 02/22/10 09:15 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

first time, here's my suggestion. you don't know what it will be like. you can listen to trip descriptions, read trip reports, etc. its not like anything you can imagine until you've done it. its not even that visual to be honest. i suggest 1/8 or less on dose. probably be with a friend or two because your gonna want someone to talk to (its more fun). don't plan things out ahead of time, the mushrooms tell YOU what to do. probably a good idea to stick to one general area. when you have some experience you will know what to expect and you can be more comfortable around people. i suggest not being in public so u don't get caught.

OfflineMagicJames
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
    #12080313 - 02/22/10 09:18 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

I HATE the city.  I'm from the metro detroit area.  All the sludge, and cars are honestly annoying and take away from the experience.

You find yourself saying, " this city is disgusting ".

For your first time, I'd say staying indoors and listening to music would be a wonderful idea.

Unless you know of some nature trails and nature parks around you, then definitely take a stroll through those.  Nothing like the combination  of being in nature and shroomin'.
:thumbup:

OfflineSkrood 1
Illest
 User Gallery

Loc: Buggout Bunker
    #12080314 - 02/22/10 09:18 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

A necessity for me is OJ. Idk what it is about it but when im tripping it just seems right. And it tastes alot smoother when im tripping for some reason. Also I do not live in a big city and have never tripped in one so I would not know. Good Luck!

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: MagicJames]
    #12080328 - 02/22/10 09:20 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

MagicJames said:
I HATE the city.  I'm from the metro detroit area.  All the sludge, and cars are honestly annoying and take away from the experience.

For your first time, I'd say staying indoors and listening to music would be a wonderful idea.

Unless you know of some nature trails and nature parks around you, then definitely take a stroll through those.  Nothing like the combination  of being in nature and shroomin'.

And as a counter-point, tripping in NYC is one of my things to do before I die. I LOVE cities, and NYC is my favorite. I love the energy of it all. The pure intensity of the human experience in the city. The lights, the sounds, the smells. The anonymity of the crowd. I absolutely love the city.

--------------------

Offlineevilturnip
Male

Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: Blazed Boomer]
    #12080450 - 02/22/10 09:39 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Blazed Boomer said:
first time, here's my suggestion. you don't know what it will be like. you can listen to trip descriptions, read trip reports, etc. its not like anything you can imagine until you've done it. its not even that visual to be honest. i suggest 1/8 or less on dose. probably be with a friend or two because your gonna want someone to talk to (its more fun). don't plan things out ahead of time, the mushrooms tell YOU what to do. probably a good idea to stick to one general area. when you have some experience you will know what to expect and you can be more comfortable around people. i suggest not being in public so u don't get caught.

Good points.  My plan was to start with 1g and then maybe the week after up it to 2g if I felt 1g was too little.  I suppose I could call up a friend for that first gram experience :cool:

Quote:

And as a counter-point, tripping in NYC is one of my things to do before I die. I LOVE cities, and NYC is my favorite. I love the energy of it all. The pure intensity of the human experience in the city. The lights, the sounds, the smells. The anonymity of the crowd. I absolutely love the city.

Yeah, I have the same attitude.  If the first few trips go well, I definitely would like to take the subway down to Times Square or Rockefeller Center and just watch the crowd. 

Maybe even Central Park.  Looking at the skyscrapers surrounding me in a sea of trees is a very sublime experience even when not tripping.

Quote:

A necessity for me is OJ. Idk what it is about it but when im tripping it just seems right. And it tastes alot smoother when im tripping for some reason. Also I do not live in a big city and have never tripped in one so I would not know. Good Luck!

I've heard people talk a great deal about OJ in connection with mushrooms for one reason or another. I'm definitely going to have see what's up with that :lol:

Offlineshaman_nic420
wook

#12081584 - 02/23/10 02:19 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

first time use on mushrooms is funny the first time ever u can eat an 8th and be fine then after awile u eat a 8th and the goddess is giveing u a harsh leason on ur bad karma......its like the first time theres a little guy with a check list and hes like oh its his first time we dont need to mess with this one

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #12081707 - 02/23/10 04:22 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

evilturnip said:
OK, so my first ever experience on a drug (besides marijuana) was DXM (was a crazy introduction), but it turned me onto psychedelics.  DXM obviously isn't hallucinogenic.  My next experience was Salvia (but never smoked enough to give me anything much other than minor visuals). 

I just finished growing my first ever batch of mushrooms and after picking them later this week, I plan to trip next week or the week after.  The funny thing is, I spent so much time worrying about growing them and reading up on dosage, etc that I never actually stopped to think what I would do while actually *using* them. 

Here's the thing: I generally enjoy doing these types of things by myself.  Even when I used to smoke marijuana, the most enjoyment I got was sitting in front of my computer listening to music and staring at the crazy G-force patterns.  With Salvia, I didn't really have to think about it much because it only lasts a few minutes so I'd just smoke it and lie back on my bed in a dark room. 

Now, I know mushroom trips last several hours, so planning what I would want to do is probably more important.  I'm definitely sure I'd rather be tripping by myself.  I've read suggestions of munching on a few and talking a walk.  I live in NYC, so would taking a walk around the city be a good idea or could it cause a freak-out?  Would it be better to just sit around in my room with some good music on?  I guess I'm basically looking for some good suggestions.

Also, keep in mind this would be my first ever experience tripping for all intents and purposes.

Don't put yourself into situations where you feel very uncomfortable. But if you feel very uncomfortable remember to take breather/take a step back and go on to something else. Be kind to yourself and the world will be kind to you. Otherwise enjoy the ride. :mushroom2:

OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

#12081889 - 02/23/10 07:02 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

MagicJames said:

On the contrary, tripping in the city can be an amazing experience - but only if you focus your thoughts on humanity rather than nature, obviously. You can take from it pretty much anything. Nothing like a dozen tower blocks wobbling against the sky.

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

OfflineMagicJames
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #12081941 - 02/23/10 07:33 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

i dont like it :shrug:

i prefer solitude

Offlinemushlove
Stranger

#12082323 - 02/23/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

I'm in a similar situation, but not as far as you evilturnip. I'm also in NYC growing for the first time and will be trying for the first time. I haven't thought of what I will do for my first trip. It will be pretty easy I think to end up wandering outdoors just due to my tiny apartment...I know I will get antsy. But I still have a few weeks to think. Let us know what you end up doing and how your first time goes.

OfflineZenClarity
SpiralOfChange
Male

#12082495 - 02/23/10 10:29 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

MagicJames said:

:super:

Good post.. last thing you wanna deal with is sober people wondering
around in a city. If you like hiking or anything like that I'd
recommend a park, one you're familiar with. Shrooms can disorient you
to say the least. Also, if it's your first time.. I'd recommend less
than 1/8th. 1.5-2.5g You never know what potency is going to be like
until tried. 3.5g I can see being a little over the top for a first
trip. Just my 2 cents.

Some people may enjoy being in the masses... but not something you
wanna find out your first time... imo.

--------------------

Edited by ZenClarity (02/23/10 10:32 AM)

Offlineevilturnip
Male

#12098731 - 02/25/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Just dosed 1.3g :cool:  Hope everything turns out well!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
    #12098773 - 02/25/10 09:50 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

enjoy man. listen to some grateful dead or phish and have a great time

:dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance::dancingbear::awecid::fishy::aweoverdose::awedance:

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

OfflineJames420
Psilocybin Master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona
Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12098905 - 02/25/10 10:11 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

mushrooms are going to change your life man:vaped:

--------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire

Offlineboletusphillus
TrailBeastHammerSmash
Male User Gallery

Loc: pacific coast
Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: LSDreamer]
    #12099209 - 02/25/10 11:01 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Dang dood!! Props to you for feeling the vibes from all the other awesome people on this awesome planet!! I just cant hang with that. :frown:  Im more of a 15 miles back in the sierra tripper to be honsest.

--------------------
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.  ~John Muir

OfflineSkrood 1
Illest
 User Gallery

Loc: Buggout Bunker
Re: Gearing up for first ever mushroom experience [Re: James420]
    #12099211 - 02/25/10 11:01 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Im just drunk and that shit was fucking with me summer daisies

Offlineevilturnip
Male

#12101753 - 02/26/10 12:22 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Man, thanks for that post SummerDaisies, seeing that while tripping totally made me irrationally happy :smile:

My first experience was unquestionably awesome.  For the first time, I took 1.3g and even that much made me feel happy in a way I've never felt happy before.  I also got that 'body high' that people always talked about (but I never experienced).

Looking outside of my window at the snow coming down (NYC is having a 2-day snow storm), it was almost surreal.  It looked so amazingly wonderful.  I was talking with a friend and he was like "yeah, supposed to be shitty for two days straight".  If I wasn't tripping, I would have agreed with him, but I realized that snow is actually pretty amazing.  I couldn't understand how he thought it was "shitty".  It's all just perspective in the end.

I had some music going on and the music just started to sound like I was in a concert hall or something.

For some reason, thoughts would come in my head that seemed obvious, but for some reason I never realized while sober.  For example, I learned a good bit about my psychology: my "identity" is just competing personalities that sometimes work together and work against each other (if you've ever studied philosophy, Daniel Dennett makes parallel claims about consciousness).  I.e. there is no "seat" of the self, just competing constructs.  This also would explain MPD, where the brain doesn't properly modulate those constructs.

All in all a good first trip :cool:

OfflinephxBoomer
Psychedelic Scientist
Male User Gallery

#12101826 - 02/26/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

sounds like you had an awesome experience...cant wait for my 1st grow to finish

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
    #12101834 - 02/26/10 12:34 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

no prob man, i am glad you had a great time.

i find a lot of  obvious things on mushrooms, sometimes i feel like everything is "dumbed down" from reality if you know what i mean, its like you can step back and take a look at it now that you aren't over thinking it.

what music did you listen to?

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom