Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespacefag
Stranger
THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation
    #1206698 - 01/10/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ok I am planning on buying finch seed or seed with alot of millet. I was going to do the grain for simple minds tek but instead of just using the polyfill in the middle I am going to make 4 more holes (just like the brf tek). I would have the polyfil hole and 4 extra holes and aluminum foil covers.
I read that you shake the jars just after the pressure has settled in the cooker and then place them back in to cool overnight. I was just going to wait till they completely cool and shake them the next day. Is this a good idea or should I still shake them before they cool?
I read in another tek after you let the jars cool you should pressure cook again, I feel this is not needed. Please give me your experience or opinion on this.
WHen the jars are ready to inoculate I am going to innoculate the four holes and maybe try to push the needle through the polyfil. Is this a good idea? Should I poke another hole near the polyfil hole or don't even bother with the polyfil hole and just have 5 holes? Any info is appreciated I just wanna make sure before I begin this batch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: spacefag]
    #1206727 - 01/10/03 09:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I do almost exactaly that, 4 holes in the lid and poly in the center. I dont innoculate in the center hole.

Shake your jars as soon as you can. The bottom of the jar will have more water in the grain and you need to get it evenly mixed. Once you do it you will see what I mean.

You only need to PC one time. I think you may be refering to the fractional sterilization tek.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: ]
    #1206865 - 01/10/03 10:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What's the point of multiple inoculation holes for grain jars? It's easier (and safer) to inoculate through one hole and then just shake the hell out of the grain. The spores are quite adequately distributed.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: dog]
    #1206871 - 01/10/03 10:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i'm with dog on this one cuz each grain is an innoculation point in sense? and if innoculating thru middle u can just aim the needle at diff points of jar. no need to reinsert it after touching open air and thus providing another means for contam. why complicate things further i doubt it will greatly increase colonization times.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: dog]
    #1206883 - 01/10/03 10:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>It's easier (and safer) to inoculate through one hole and then just shake the hell out of the grain.

Exactly.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: Anno]
    #1206953 - 01/10/03 10:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

>It's easier (and safer) to inoculate through one hole and then just shake the hell out of the grain.

Exactly.

Precisely !!!!  :cool:

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: spacefag]
    #1207130 - 01/10/03 12:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with them ^^^^^. No need for 4 holes. Just do one, you'll cut down on the chance for contams.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: Skikid16]
    #1207154 - 01/10/03 12:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

...multiple innoculation points are to ENSURE even spore distribution (in my opinion), but if you shake the jar enough youll accomplish the same thing AND cut down on yr chances of contamination... shakeshakeshakeshake.............

Offlinefuzygrowth
 User Gallery

Re: THis might be a new idea for grain innoculation [Re: roygbiv]
    #1786943 - 08/06/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i don't think he realized it's not suposed to be filled all the way

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale