Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRumination
paradise beach
Male

Loc: Asheville, NC Flag
Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: McTwist]
    #12069971 - 02/21/10 09:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm at this stage, once again. Smoking just makes me apathetic, anxious and worried. Time for a break! and after the break if I still feel this way then I'm done with ganja for a good bit.

--------------------
:hedberg1:
"we're gonna kill... the california girls. we're gonna find the meaning of feeling good, and we're gonna stay there as long as we think we should"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: Rumination]
    #12070053 - 02/21/10 09:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, weed is always fun, but sometimes it can loose a bit of its touch. However, I've found there are many ways to stop that from happening.
    One, keep your tolerance low. Everyone is different, but I prefer only smoking on the weekends or during times when I am substantially less busy (vacations and such). This simply helps to keep your tolerance at a constant low, instead of smoking for three weeks straight and then feeling the need to take 3 weeks off. 5 days in between is much easier, and much more effective in the long run, at least to me. Also, try only smoking after evening, or at least when it gets later in the day and you aren't as busy, and better able to relax. Smoking once a day (one smoking sessions a day, particularly at night) keeps tolerance steady but not intaking cannabinoids all throughout your day, and only once. Therefore, your system does not get constantly bombarded with cannabinoids, keeping your tolerance lower and your highs fresh. Also, does anyone notice that after your first smoking session of the day, nothing ever beats that initial feeling of the cannabinoid rush. I can wait 8 hours, but my second smokeout doesn't feel as good as the first. Try sticking to once a day if you must do it everyday. Other than that, sticking to weekends, and even then only smoking during the evenings, or once, really makes for an insanely pleasurable experience because your tolerance will naturally lower if you continually smoke this way, not to mention the highs are always fresh!
  Really putting that suggestion out there to anyone struggling with this. I just feel taking 6 months breaks and then smoking as much as you can for another 6 months isn't doing anyone any good. But that's just me.

OfflineNoxNoctum
Stranger
Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #12070237 - 02/21/10 10:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm hardly an expert on weed (as in totally not), but maybe you guys need to try some high grade pure Sativa.

Edited by NoxNoctum (02/21/10 10:29 AM)

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: NoxNoctum]
    #12070526 - 02/21/10 11:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be out growing weed as soon as last frost happens.

Invisibledrr
Female

Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: jellyfish]
    #12070547 - 02/21/10 11:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think I'm outgrowing weed too, but I still smoke it all the time. I bet you do too :smile:

And yes a good sativa will probably change your idea of what weed can do entirely. Most of the good weed people sell is indica dominant, because the plants grow faster, are shorter, produce more dry weight, etc. Those big fat resinous nugs. Sativas often have looser, airier buds, with long, skinny leafs, and they produce a lot less than an indica, with longer flowering time, and tall, lanky plants that are harder to grow indoors...someone whos growing for a profit might not find these traits desirable. But the high is superior...

Most of the weed you get is a hybrid between the two. I can usually tell when I find something sativa-dominant. They smell fruity sometimes, and very pungent, and the really good ones have very skinny leaves, and typically aren't those large, dense nugs that you may be looking for. Thinner stems in the nugs too....

Offlinelewisplanthead
blue-collar love

Loc: milk wood
    #12070564 - 02/21/10 11:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:

:lolsy:

But seriously. Yeah, it happened to me. I went from smoking almost every day to keeping a few buds in a tin under my bed for when the mood strikes me.

Offlinejw2234
Astral Traveler
Male

Loc: Bay Area Flag
Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed *DELETED* [Re: jellyfish]
    #12070644 - 02/21/10 12:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by jw2234

Reason for deletion: ,

--------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is nothing to fear with this chemical besides astonishing realization that everything IS indeed 1 entity

Questions

Offlinepsylox
the blitzed

Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: jw2234]
    #12071769 - 02/21/10 03:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i fucking lovde ssmokin the dank

--------------------
..............is all your life will ever be

Offlineproudeskimo
Noobi grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd dimensional plane of ...
Re: I think I'm outgrowing weed [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #12071987 - 02/21/10 04:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

emeraldlife88 said:
Yes, weed is always fun, but sometimes it can loose a bit of its touch. However, I've found there are many ways to stop that from happening.
    One, keep your tolerance low. Everyone is different, but I prefer only smoking on the weekends or during times when I am substantially less busy (vacations and such). This simply helps to keep your tolerance at a constant low, instead of smoking for three weeks straight and then feeling the need to take 3 weeks off. 5 days in between is much easier, and much more effective in the long run, at least to me. Also, try only smoking after evening, or at least when it gets later in the day and you aren't as busy, and better able to relax. Smoking once a day (one smoking sessions a day, particularly at night) keeps tolerance steady but not intaking cannabinoids all throughout your day, and only once. Therefore, your system does not get constantly bombarded with cannabinoids, keeping your tolerance lower and your highs fresh. Also, does anyone notice that after your first smoking session of the day, nothing ever beats that initial feeling of the cannabinoid rush. I can wait 8 hours, but my second smokeout doesn't feel as good as the first. Try sticking to once a day if you must do it everyday. Other than that, sticking to weekends, and even then only smoking during the evenings, or once, really makes for an insanely pleasurable experience because your tolerance will naturally lower if you continually smoke this way, not to mention the highs are always fresh!
  Really putting that suggestion out there to anyone struggling with this. I just feel taking 6 months breaks and then smoking as much as you can for another 6 months isn't doing anyone any good. But that's just me.

QFT

--------------------

InvisibleMcTwist
Stoned Stranger
Male

#12072006 - 02/21/10 04:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ya I smoke shitty mids or JWH-018. When the JWH wears off, I feel fine, but those mids leave me foggy for awhile after. Dank is just too fucking expensive and I am not wasting my money on that, even if it is 1000x better (which it is). I think instead of completely stopping 100% I will just smoke when I feel the need to relax and chill, but not every night because that'd get me in the same boat I'm in now.

Quote:

jellyfish said:

I will definitely be out there with you. I love growing weed, it's so much fun.

Mary Jane and I have a love/hate relationship. I don't think she could leave my life forever, I still need to make sure all of societies bullshit doesn't break through and strengthen my ego. But yeah, I agree with what a lot of you said

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals