Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShexbex
Stranger
Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose?
    #12067087 - 02/20/10 06:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hi there
I've been reading this site for a while and I'm about to go for my first mushroom experience ever. I'm going with very close friends to a really beautiful park that's usually quite empty.

We wanted to trip for as long as possible. We'll have about 3.5 grams each. Would it be better to eat it all in one go, or eat a couple of grams, wait, and then eat more? Would I trip for longer if this happens? would that mean that the trip will be less intense?

Also, how about eating 3.5 grams and then maybe eating a lighter dose near the end of the trip? I know the trpi should last for about 5-6 hours on that dose but we'd prefer if it's a much longer dose..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineILoveThomYorke
Oh Audrey!
 User Gallery

Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: Shexbex]
    #12067143 - 02/20/10 06:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you've never done it before you really shouldn't be thinking about double dosing. That's probably the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Eat an 8th each and just enjoy it; you'll be gone for at least 4 hours, probably twice that in fact (including the heftier initial part of the afterglow).

If you want a long trip track down some acid; Mushrooms last 6-8 hours ish and that is exactly how long they should last. If you fancy experimenting with re-doses it is really not something you should do this early on.

--------------------
I M A B I R T H D A Y C A N D L E I N A C I R C L E O F B L A C K G I R LS

F A L L E N O F F T H E B A C K O F A G I A N T B I R D T H A T S B E E N C A R R Y I N G M E

F I N A L L Y I M F R E E F R O M A L L T H E W E I G H T I V E B E E N C A R R Y I N G

A T T H E B O T T O M O F A G I G A N T I C C R A T E R A N A R M C H A I R C A L L S T O Y O U

OfflineShexbex
Stranger
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: ILoveThomYorke]
    #12067172 - 02/20/10 06:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That's fair enough, and is quite logical now that I think about it. Thank you for the quick reply. The reason I'm concerned is that we're only in that park for a day and it's a once in a lifetime thing, so we wanted to make the most of it (and see the transition between night and day)

I have a question though, would using something like mushroom tea be better than eating them straight, because they'd take longer to digest? Also, most people say that you should eat them on an empty stomache, but I'm assuming this is to get the effect faster. Does this have any effect on the actual intensity of the trip? in my case of wanting to prolong the experience, should we skip the empty stomache part and eat them with tea? I was thinking waking up, having breakfast, waiting for an hour or so and then eating the mushies.. if i want to prolong the dose however, should i take them straight away (or should i take them with food?)

EDIT: Also, this may seem silly and overly cautious, but i just want to be sure. is it better to chew the mushrooms for as long as possible or does it make no difference?

should i eat the whole dose at once or eat a bit and then eat the rest?

also, if we want the experience to be moderately social, is 3.5 grams too much for a beginner dose? i always get told 2-3.5 is what i should be going for, but that's quite a wide range..

I'm very sorry if my questions are annoying. We've been waiting for 3 months for this day (in a few weeks) and i'm really excited and I want to make everything right for me and my friends.

Edited by Shexbex (02/20/10 07:35 PM)

Offline34120060
Eocene Epoch
Male

Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: Shexbex]
    #12067812 - 02/20/10 08:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

tea shortens the trip but makes it more intense. i would make sure to have any empty stomach to and chew them as long as you want drink some lemon juice too :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

OfflineShexbex
Stranger
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: 34120060]
    #12067913 - 02/20/10 09:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thank you for the reply. i'm going to take them on an empty stomache then. hopefully someone will answer my other questions..

can anyone comment on whether or not a higher dose is less social? my friends are some of the best people i've ever met (like, closer than family) and the set and setting will be perfect. if we take in an amount that's a bit overwhelming, will we be unable to talk or communicate properlly? for me bonding with my friends is almost the most important part.. should i start low?

OfflineNarttram
Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany
    #12069584 - 02/21/10 05:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

On higher doses of Mushrooms I usually am unable to communicate on a verbal level but I wouldn't take more than 3,5g (1/8th) on your first time and (except for maybe half an hour while your peaking) you shouldn't have trouble communicating. Of course everyone is different but these are my experiences.

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: Narttram]
    #12069598 - 02/21/10 06:01 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

there's no way in hell you should be taking 3.5g on your first time. thats just insane. take 2g, max. my first trip i ate 0.3-0.5g of dried subaeruginosa, and i had an amazing trip. 3.5 will seriously do your head in hard. i highly reccomend you eat no more than 2g.

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #12069599 - 02/21/10 06:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you're trip will be long enough, time is way different then, you'll see:wink:

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: stefan]
    #12069669 - 02/21/10 06:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I agree..... Time dilation will make it feel like forever anyway.....

3.5g is kinda high for a first timer, out in public( a park? )

2g would be more like a middle of the road dose.

If you wanted........ you could eat the 2g with a light lunch( food will slow down absorption, but will also take off some of the intesity )

And then, About 2 hours later, chew well and swallow the remaining 1.5g

This will prolong, and possibly kick it up a notch.

But, I think, that you only think you will want a longer trip....

We dont even know if you like drugz or not. :shrug:

For all we know, you are going to be butt ass naked hugging a tree and crying for your mommy...... Right?

The reason dosage amounts varies so much, some people even say to start with 1g...... is for two reasons.

One, potency has variability, 3.5g of those shrooms might barely get you a buzz, or have you forgetting what planet you come from........

Two, Individual sensitivity, some people get trips from o.5g others barely catch a buzz on 5g. :shrug:

EDIT : No sober sitter?

How many friends?

Do any of you have experience at all?

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

Edited by Shad0w (02/21/10 06:52 AM)

OfflineShexbex
Stranger
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: Shad0w]
    #12069740 - 02/21/10 07:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the replies everyone, i'm really, really grateful.

I'm not completely unfamiliar with psychedelics. i've done salvia a few times so I know about time dilation. All I was concerned about is being able to like, enjoy nature when its sunny and warm but also be tripping when the night shifts and we can go deeper into the park and stare at stars and listen to trippier music, to experience the different moods of night and day (and everything in between!).

The park is privately owned by one of my friends family members (i know, amazing right) so it's not a public place, its more of a massive garden next to a house in the middle of nowhere.

I think i'm going to follow your advice and start with 2 grams and if we need to trip more we can take more about 2 hours in (that's when I should be feeling the peak of the effect, right?) also we might have weed on us which apparantly increases the intensity. I've been told that redosing is useless unless the amount taken is greater than the initial dose.. is this true? if so then we can start with 2, and then eat another 2 if we really feel like we need more.

how much would eating a light lunch reduce the intensity of the trip? I was thinking of eating the mushrooms with like a sandwich or something.. i guess that allows us to experiment with a bit more.

more comments are welcome

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#12070272 - 02/21/10 10:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Re-dosing is apparantly an art form.... Some people have good luck with it, others dont. :shrug:

I have done it successfully several times, even on a lesser dose than the initial dose....

I think it is a timing thing...... if you wait until too far after the peak, it is just like a long comedown.

But if you dose 20-30 mins before peak..... BLAM.

OR on the peak OR the VERY sec in starts to diminsh, you can trip for a few more hours.

One of the really nice advatages of a re-dose is that IF you are the kind to get anxiety on the come up, On the re-dose, you wont have the anxiety. :thumbup:

The timing of the peak is different too, Depends on ingestion method and personal biology.

Usually , with tea, 45mins , so I said 2 hours, that way, you will be just starting to slow down.... and the lil extra should keep you happy and high for a few extra hours.

Didnt want to really recommend you dose on the top of your peak with tea, Just in case..... last thing I need is you in the hospital talking to the cops about how some jerk on shroomery told you to eat all those shrooms. :tongue2:

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: Shad0w]
    #12070327 - 02/21/10 10:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you want a long trip eat some Bromo-DragonFLY

--------------------

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #12070367 - 02/21/10 10:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Redosing never seems to werk. The experience will certainlly be less intense than the intial dose.

Invisibledrr
Female

#12070400 - 02/21/10 11:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shexbex said:
Hi there
I've been reading this site for a while and I'm about to go for my first mushroom experience ever. I'm going with very close friends to a really beautiful park that's usually quite empty.

We wanted to trip for as long as possible. We'll have about 3.5 grams each. Would it be better to eat it all in one go, or eat a couple of grams, wait, and then eat more? Would I trip for longer if this happens? would that mean that the trip will be less intense?

Also, how about eating 3.5 grams and then maybe eating a lighter dose near the end of the trip? I know the trpi should last for about 5-6 hours on that dose but we'd prefer if it's a much longer dose..

Believe me, by the time 6 hours of intense shrooming has gone by, you'll be glad to come back down to reality. I tend to usually eat my doses rather slowly over a half hour or an hour. This doesn't really prolong the experience, just makes it come up slower, as to not make me so anxious during the comeup. I don't think prolonging a shroom trip is necessary. It will already feel like a really long time.

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: drr]
    #12070593 - 02/21/10 11:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've tripped 30 odd times and my first trip was on 5 grams. If you're experienced with pot and comfortable in your own mind and with the people you're with then 3.5 grams should be fine. Now, in Alexander Shulgins books he makes the observation (and I have confirmed this for myself) that an increased dosage of a psychedelic substance does not usually extend the duration but instead intensifies the peak. To make a trip last longer, I would make a mushroom tea with about 2.5 grams and then drink another one with the other gram about 2 hours later. This will extend your plateau without adding anything overwhelming. I did this a couple of days ago. But honestly, if you trip with a group of friends you're not going to be feeling normal till you go to sleep and the afterglow is pretty pleasant you'll still be talking and having fun even after they wear off.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: T-Rex]
    #12070623 - 02/21/10 12:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Redosing never seems to werk. The experience will certainlly be less intense than the intial dose.

I find re-dosing works wonders but it is finicky to get down. i usually take 2.5 grams then after 1 hour I take another grams then a little longer then a hour I take another. It really keeps the trip at a nice level for alot longer. But eventually re-dosing will not work as well that's why I find 2 re-doses work well

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: Shea25]
    #12073480 - 02/21/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
Quote:

T-Rex said:

I find re-dosing works wonders but it is finicky to get down. i usually take 2.5 grams then after 1 hour I take another grams then a little longer then a hour I take another. It really keeps the trip at a nice level for alot longer. But eventually re-dosing will not work as well that's why I find 2 re-doses work well

Well yeah if you dose again within an hour or so but I consider redosing when you dose after the intial trip is on the comedown.
I would consider that just extending the consumption length like when I take 10-12g via tea and sip the 30oz of tea over the course of 1.5 hours

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: T-Rex]
    #12073773 - 02/21/10 08:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Smoke some weed after the peak's worn off. It'll bring it right back.

--------------------

InvisibleScudreloaded
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Want to prolong the first experience for as long as possible.. double dose? [Re: NetDiver]
    #12074649 - 02/21/10 11:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes smoke weed during your trip.
i believe it makes parts of it more effective.
and to the people telling him to only eat 2grams....i think he ought to be fine with eating a full 3.7grams.
an 8th is a full nice trip and will show him what mushrooms have to offer.
i would dose two grams and then right as they start kicking in, eat the last 1.7 grams. that ought to be nice.
...i kinda prefer larger doses because i feel it makes the trip last longer..but thats just me.
make sure your friends are ready to have a blast. try meditating on em while tripping

--------------------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. - Hunter S. Thompson

- believe what you may but take the internet with a grain of salt

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #12078315 - 02/22/10 03:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

All of the above, plus:

Quote:

The reason I'm concerned is that we're only in that park for a day and it's a once in a lifetime thing, so we wanted to make the most of it (and see the transition between night and day)

That's nice, but one thing you can not predict is what will actually happen.  Especially not the first time with a new substance.  Trip hard a couple hundred times and that changes a bit.  :assimilate:

So just take it for what it is, not what you expect/want/hope it to be.

Quote:

I've been told that redosing is useless unless the amount taken is greater than the initial dose.. is this true?

Redosing always does something...but whether you will notice it is another thing entirely.  The headspace you're in when you redose is very different than what it was when you started.  You have to hit it on the upside, not the downside, is all.

Peace
-PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder