Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
How to change our world for the better
    #1204525 - 01/09/03 04:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So 2 minutes ago I'm in my bathroom brushing my teeth and I think:

Let's for a second assume all psychadelic drugs are legal. How would this impact societies around the world? Well...lets take alcohol as our example legal drug. There is no question about the popularity of its use, it has been used for thousands of years recreationally and ritually. *Almost* everyone here, *almost* everyone you know, and *almost* everyone on earth has tried and been under the influence of this drug. Now imagine psilocybin mushrooms having the same kind of popularity....seriously, imagine it for a second (by this time I was rinsing my mouth :grin: all clean). What did you think? I imagined a completely different and evolved planet and social system. There would be people on this earth who would actually enjoy living here, and people who would think just a little deeper about serious issues such as the environment, politics of war, etc. People thinking for themselves, and expressing compassion to each other as well as all living things. This is why the goverment has this phony war on drugs, to keep people from experiencing happiness, from experiencing new ways of thinking and analyzing a situation, be it personal, social, whatever. It would be impossible to control and herd us like sheep, cause we just wouldn't be able to accept what is spoonfed to us from childhood till the day we die. Anyways, this was the little vision I had while brushing my teeth...

Potential disadvantages in this world:
(1) Abuse of psychadelic substances: People would use these as any other drugs to escape their problems, but then again, if most of the human was using these for thousands of years like alcohol, perhaps we would be in such predicaments right now.

I can't think of anymore right now but I welcome your thoughts on this vision and it's potential disadvantages and advantages.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: How to change our world for the better [Re: chodamunky]
    #1204582 - 01/09/03 04:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It would of course change the way we look at the world and the possibility of something greater might just occur.  :grin:

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology