Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekurshiukas
Stranger
Male

Loc: LTU
Fruiting directly from a jar
    #12040215 - 02/16/10 03:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hello  all,

I've been a lurker in these forums for some time now, trying to suck up as much info as possible before my first attempt in doing something at all. After some scouting in local shops, I came to the conclusion that it might be a bit harder than it seemed at first. The two problem i have - there is no verm available at all(I mean it .. nothing at all .. unless you can use verm thermoisolation sheets), and other one is that the only mushroom spawn that I have yet is Funghi Mara Poplar Mushroom Dry Spawn(Pholiota Aegerita), which seems to me will most probably suck as it is dry (how ever I am still willing to try :smile: ).

So I though that the only way I could grow something is trying to grow it directly from a jar (without birthing) with WBS. So the question is - will grow out of "unbirthed" jar at all, and in case i would need to case it, would it be OK to case it with soaked wood chips or maybe rockwool rolls (I know it is now as good as verm at all, but maybe it would still help to grow at least one small mushroom)

Thanks

--------------------
AMU

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineretarrrd
while(1) me->eat(shrooms);
Male

Re: Fruiting directly from a jar [Re: kurshiukas]
    #12040320 - 02/16/10 04:19 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

you can surely buy vermiculite online as it's really light - it would impact shipping hardly.
about the spawn you have, you shouldn't just think this is the dead end for you. there are lots of infos and sponsors in this forum :smile:

what you're describing as fruiting is jars is called invitro, just search and you'll get lots of results.

good luck.

--------------------
learn that everything you learn is just, in fact, learned, and not necessarily the truth.
the same goes for what you've just read.

OfflineSanguine
Candy flippin'
Female User Gallery

Loc: Southeast
Re: Fruiting directly from a jar [Re: kurshiukas]
    #12040356 - 02/16/10 04:27 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've only seen it done with brf cakes fruited straight from the jars. But now that I think about it I guess I don't really see why you couldn't. (Please correct me if I'm wrong more experienced growers.)Search for things like "invitro" or "fruiting from jar." You'd wanna wrap something around the jars (like foil or cardboard) to prevent side pinning. But if you don't have verm it shouldn't be a problem to do other types of grows-- If you have access to wbs you could do a bulk grow. You could just put the grains in a tray with a casing, or you could spawn to coir or poo in a tray or mono and use a casing if you want, or not since it's not necessarily needed. I can see where fruiting from a jar would be appealing if you're limited in space.

--------------------

"The greatest delight which the fields and woods minister is the suggestion of an occult relation between man and the vegetable. I am not alone and unacknowledged. They nod to me, and I to them." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ozz's Poo Pictorial
Shirley Knott's Spore Print Tek
No PC wbs
APE grow log

Offlinekurshiukas
Stranger
Male

Loc: LTU
Re: Fruiting directly from a jar [Re: Sanguine]
    #12040431 - 02/16/10 04:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sanguine: I always thought that casing usually includes some verm in it :ooo:

Still thanks for info, will continue my scouting.

--------------------
AMU

OfflineKillaFoRilla
Heretic
 User Gallery

Re: Fruiting directly from a jar [Re: Sanguine]
    #12040433 - 02/16/10 04:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

A commercial grower near my town grows a shit ton of enokitake and oyster mushrooms all in plastic jars. I don't see why anyone else couldn't.

If your your sub is close to the top case it with some verm and fruit it.

Homeboy has shown that they will fruit in a wine glass right here.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation