Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Meditating
    #12032802 - 02/15/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've been meditating for about 2 months now.
One time I meditated and after about 10 minutes (not sure exactly)
I felt as I was floating in the bubble, lost my cordination, I felt no up nor down, left or right.
Yesterday I got feeling like I was above of my body, but still was connected with it, felt breathing etc.
Last time it was just like I grew really long. I think it may be cause we moved to the 5th floor from 1st.

So anyone else experienced similiar things?

Edited by HeartAndMind (02/15/10 09:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelasttime
Stranger
Re: Meditating [Re: HeartAndMind]
    #12032816 - 02/15/10 09:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I observe.

I continue breathing.

:smile:

Edited by lasttime (02/15/10 09:49 AM)

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: lasttime]
    #12032842 - 02/15/10 09:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How deep were you been?

Offlinelasttime
Stranger
    #12032907 - 02/15/10 10:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Umm...really deep? :laugh:

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: lasttime]
    #12032938 - 02/15/10 10:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, I see  :grin:

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #12033014 - 02/15/10 10:36 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It's natural man. Your realizing that your consciousness isn't limited to the physical body. Keep at it and you may experience a full blown OBE.

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12033128 - 02/15/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, definitely gonna continue. Have you experienced it? :P

Edited by HeartAndMind (02/15/10 11:02 AM)

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #12033169 - 02/15/10 11:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HeartAndMind said:
Wow, definitely gonna continue. Have you experienced it? :P

Yes. Although it was from the sleep state, not meditative state. In meditation, the OBE is commonly called the "Kundalini" awakening.

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12033222 - 02/15/10 11:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I see, thanks for the respond.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #12033567 - 02/15/10 12:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

in vipassana meditation retreats, some get stuck out of their body and cannot move and have to be grounded by the teacher.

ive experienced the sensation of floating around my body, also visualizing orbs of various colors that appear to float 1-2 meters away from me.  one time i saw a little yellow ball form, then an orange layer formed around it, then another color, and another.  it was there for a while.  many times ill see various colors with my eyes closed.

when i first started meditating all i saw was white.  interesting stuffs.

i should upload an mp3 of a lady who records every day of her 10 day vipassana retreat.  it's fascinating and anyone who believes meditation is useless would most likely have that belief reversed.

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

#12033685 - 02/15/10 12:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You definetly should upload this.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#12044383 - 02/17/10 12:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HeartAndMind said:
You definetly should upload this.

done :mushroom2:

http://www.divshare.com/download/10500148-172

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: deranger]
    #12045041 - 02/17/10 06:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:heart:

EDIT: Recognized similiar states in this audio, but I stop there. Should continiue.

Thank you!

Edited by HeartAndMind (02/17/10 08:48 AM)

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#12046235 - 02/17/10 11:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

NP, the ending is the best.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #12046722 - 02/17/10 12:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HeartAndMind said:
I felt as I was floating in the bubble, lost my cordination, I felt no up nor down, left or right.
Yesterday I got feeling like I was above of my body, but still was connected with it, felt breathing etc.
Last time it was just like I grew really long. I think it may be cause we moved to the 5th floor from 1st.

Ah man! The exact same thing happens to me. An extremely strong sense of vertigo, the feeling that my body is contorted in impossible positions, or the feeling I am immersed in a fast flowing river that is pushing me.

My guess is that this is sensory withdrawal. You are going deeper into your meditative state, and so the external input from your senses is being reduced [eventually to nothing]. I believe at this point the mind begins to 'make up' sensory input in order to keep a sense of normalcy, but it's choice have no rational connection to the physical world and so you get this crazy feeling of spinning in emptiness.

I am certain that the next point beyond this is when your mind accepts that lack of sensory inputs, those things that distinguish the physical 'I' [your body] from the rest of the universe-- and stops trying to fill in the blanks itself. At this point, a great still calm will be found-- because I feel at this point your consciousness will have expanded to encompass more than your own ego, and accept that fact that the 'I' does not really exist as a separate entity.

I find this very hard to do.. very hard to let go. I have not been able to do it yet-- but meditation is not a race. Just keep meditating, and when this state of vertigo comes just try to accept it as completely normal and don't let it consume your awareness-- I know that is my problem, when it happens my thoughts inevitably turn to 'wtf is this, wao!' and that brings me out of my meditative state and I begin again...

--------------------

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12046833 - 02/17/10 12:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

HeartAndMind said:

Ah man! The exact same thing happens to me. An extremely strong sense of vertigo, the feeling that my body is contorted in impossible positions, or the feeling I am immersed in a fast flowing river that is pushing me.

My guess is that this is sensory withdrawal. You are going deeper into your meditative state, and so the external input from your senses is being reduced [eventually to nothing]. I believe at this point the mind begins to 'make up' sensory input in order to keep a sense of normalcy, but it's choice have no rational connection to the physical world and so you get this crazy feeling of spinning in emptiness.

I am certain that the next point beyond this is when your mind accepts that lack of sensory inputs, those things that distinguish the physical 'I' [your body] from the rest of the universe-- and stops trying to fill in the blanks itself. At this point, a great still calm will be found-- because I feel at this point your consciousness will have expanded to encompass more than your own ego, and accept that fact that the 'I' does not really exist as a separate entity.

I find this very hard to do.. very hard to let go. I have not been able to do it yet-- but meditation is not a race. Just keep meditating, and when this state of vertigo comes just try to accept it as completely normal and don't let it consume your awareness-- I know that is my problem, when it happens my thoughts inevitably turn to 'wtf is this, wao!' and that brings me out of my meditative state and I begin again...

Haha, same happens with me.

Could be what you described, makes sense to me.
We are spiritual beings discovering life in material world. (don't remember who said that)
And that ego is just material(mind,feelings). Something have to be beyond that.

OfflineForever White Belt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Meditating [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #12472704 - 04/28/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Be careful here because its definitely not a great still calm on the other side of that vertigo. You are absolutely right however that once you conquer this the threshold to the spirit world is just one step away for you...

But please ask yourself if that is what you have intended to do.

--------------------
The Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
      J. B. S. Haldane

The quest of the absolute leads into the four-dimensional world.
Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order