Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool

Democrats VS Republicans
    #12030150 - 02/14/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Whos better?

On TV they are always fighting. Its pretty stupid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepretzel_king
Fish Puppy

Loc: MI
Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: p4kSouL]
    #12030489 - 02/14/10 09:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Neither

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: pretzel_king]
    #12032675 - 02/15/10 09:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it's theater - meant to divide us cleanly so we never stop bickering and pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

OfflineYrat
Hello

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #12032966 - 02/15/10 10:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blkjkrabbit said:
it's theater - meant to divide us cleanly so we never stop bickering and pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #12032974 - 02/15/10 10:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It is abysmally uninformed to continue to deny that there are substantive differences between the two parties.  Whether those differences are meaningful to each of you personally is irrelevant to the fact that they exist and are substantial.

--------------------

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: p4kSouL]
    #12033468 - 02/15/10 12:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They are both comprised of crooks and liars but I find that the Democrats have more redeemable congressmen/women. In terms of the executive branch however definitely Democrats, Republican presidents have been nothing but reprehensible since WWII.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #12034471 - 02/15/10 02:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

> They are both comprised of crooks and liars but I find that the Democrats have more redeemable congressmen/women.

You are half right.  Neither have "more redeemable congressmen/women".

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: Seuss]
    #12035248 - 02/15/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not a single man or woman holding a seat in the House or the Senate is worth a damn? I agree that a decent congressman is in the minority but I don't believe that every single one of them is worthless.

--------------------

LAGM2024

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#12035377 - 02/15/10 05:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the only ones i have any respect for are alan grayson, ron paul, and dennis kucinich - as well as a few miscellaneous others.

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12036893 - 02/15/10 09:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Not a single man or woman holding a seat in the House or the Senate is worth a damn? I agree that a decent congressman is in the minority but I don't believe that every single one of them is worthless.

name some then.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: danielx]
    #12037631 - 02/16/10 12:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Al Franken
Michael Bennet
Mark Udall
Howard Dean

You can save the reply where you tell me that I'm wrong.

--------------------

LAGM2024

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #12038302 - 02/16/10 04:20 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

> You can save the reply where you tell me that I'm wrong.

Have they opted out of the congressional healthcare system or pension fund?  If not, corrupt to the core, just like nearly every other member of congress.

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#12039775 - 02/16/10 12:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i saw howard dean in that list. :lol:

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#12039808 - 02/16/10 12:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Tell me all about the great (well, any, really) things Al Franken has done.  Aside from Stewart Smalley, which was the last time he waas funny.

--------------------

Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: zappaisgod]
    #12039888 - 02/16/10 01:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'll tell you the worst thing he did: he cruelly deprived our brave, patriotic mercenaries of their God-given right to gang-rape their female coworkers with impunity.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/notion/485424/franken_s_anti_rape_amendment

Quote:

In April of 2008, KBR employee Dawn Leamon went public. A few months earlier, she had been raped and sexually assaulted by co-workers while deployed at Camp Harper, in Iraq, and after weeks of being pressured not to report the incident, forced to work alongside her attackers, and medically neglected, Leamon brought the story to a Houston attorney and to The Nation. Leamon joined a slowly building chorus of female defense contractor employees who'd been raped or sexually assaulted by co-workers while in Iraq, to utter impunity on the part of their assailants. In response, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee called a hearing to investigate why the Justice Department had not prosecuted any sexual assault allegations in Iraq since the going to war in the country.

When it turned out that defense contractors often required employees, as a condition of employment, to submit to binding private arbitration in disputes with the contractors (including allegations of sexual assault), instead of bringing complaints to public courts, and that the Department of Defense claimed they couldn't prosecute for this very reason (even though these clauses only prevented civil suits), Senator Ben Nelson, who called the hearing, offered a simple solution: "This might be something you want to require and include in your contracts--before you award them," Karen Houppert reported in The Nation.

Freshman Sen. Al Franken took Nelson's suggestion seriously, and has pushed through an amendment to a Defense Appropriations bill that would prevent the Pentagon from doing business with contractors who force employees into binding arbitration over rape and sexual assault charges. (As Jon Stewart put it, "How is that a loophole that needs closing?")

I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear the party-line breakdown on this one... :rolleyes:

Quote:

Predictably, Sen. Jeff Sessions, ranking Republican member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, opposed Franken's bill. "Congress should not be involved in writing or rewriting private contracts," he argued. The bill was, he maintained, a "political amendment at bottom, representing a political attack on Halliburton." In fact, the amendment only goes so far as to require contractors doing business with the government to permit employees to sue civilly in the "most egregious violations," Franken emphasized in a statement. (For less egregious matters, contractors can still require employees to waive their right to sue and submit to arbitration.)

No thanks to Sessions or most Republican members of the Senate, the bill passed, 68-30.

:picard:

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: jimbotron]
    #12040086 - 02/16/10 01:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Since you cannot sign away essential rights, i.e. the right to report a crime, in any employment contract, I call spice.  Suing civilly is another matter, but you cannot sign away your right to report a crime and to have it prosecuted.  In fact, your link says exactly that:

Quote:

When it turned out that defense contractors often required employees, as a condition of employment, to submit to binding private arbitration in disputes with the contractors (including allegations of sexual assault), instead of bringing complaints to public courts, and that the Department of Defense claimed they couldn't prosecute for this very reason (even though these clauses only prevented civil suits)

Hmmm.  Looks like grandstanding from the empty posturing fool.

Quote:

forced to work alongside her attackers

Forced?  How about you just fucking quit?

Finally, Jon Stewart is an idiot,

Quote:

You want to give it to Halliburton, because they're committing real gang rape.

Halliburton has a penis?

--------------------

InvisibleTherian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: zappaisgod]
    #12043870 - 02/16/10 10:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Senate Foreign Relations Committee called a hearing to investigate why the Justice Department had not prosecuted any sexual assault allegations in Iraq since the going to war in the country.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot prosecute based on an allegation. Investigate maybe. Also she claimed she was raped, was a physical performed to corroborate her accusations? Was there any DNA evidence? Or did they just find a plunger similar to the type the NYPD likes to sodomize people with?

I hate both parties, I cant stand Keith Olberman with his fucking blowhard, arrogant, egotistical, b.s. The Dem's seem extremely condescending, knowing what's best for us easily manipulated, ignorant rednecks, shit kickers and trailer trash.

Then again when I see that fat bastard Glenn Beck with his contrived false concern for the "common guy" makes me want to puke. He also is one of the most condescending assholes " see people when this number is bigger than that number, that means we have a deficit". All the while playing with his chalkboard as if this somehow gives validity to his crap.

They are all money whores sucking off the monetary penis of the highest bidder, just each has a different type of john, and the constituents ain't it.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: Therian]
    #12044930 - 02/17/10 04:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

> To the best of my knowledge you cannot prosecute based on an allegation

So why do we bother with juries?  Perhaps I am misreading you, but all prosecutions are based upon allegations.  Under common law, typically, a grand jury decides if the allegations warrant prosecution.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Democrats VS Republicans [Re: Seuss]
    #12045017 - 02/17/10 06:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No, he's correct.  An allegation is made, followed by an investigation in which prosecutors determine if a crime has a.  been committed and b.  can be proven.  Lots of allegations never get near a jury even if there is a strong likelihood that a crime has been committed.  In the case of a late report rape even that finding can be difficult.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #12045048 - 02/17/10 06:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danielx said:
Quote:

Gastronomicus said:

name some then.

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Al Franken
Michael Bennet
Mark Udall
Howard Dean

You can save the reply where you tell me that I'm wrong.

Sorry. I can't.

Howard Dean is not a member of Congress. He never was.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom