Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you
    #12023671 - 02/13/10 09:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone has them, the either really happy or really shitty, ups and downs in everyone's lives.

Here's mine,

I have had many ups and downs in my 40 years on this planet, from beating up my first bull when I was like 8, or whenever 2nd grade to getting dropped off (abandoned) in Mexico when all I knew was Northern Cali, with people I didn't really know except for Christmas get togethers (my Grandma and Uncle) and not seeing my parents for three years, because my folks where having problems, not coming back home to everyone that mattered in my life till 5 years later.
Loosing my best friend from high school junior year to gang violence even though neither one of us was mixed up in that scene.
Getting married to a wonderful woman at 21, loosing our first daughter to cancer at one years old, having a second daughter that was born a few months after the first one died and then divorcing a few months after that.
Meeting a wonderful woman, that would give me 10 years of happiness then having her dump me to free herself up for some guy she had an emotional affair with on some car club forum,  staying living together for two weeks because we rented a house together and I had no were else to live, watching her leave every night and come home at 4am every night, while I was crying like a B at home alone the whole time. Then two weeks later getting back together by her calling me into the computer room to show me the guys she had dumped me for
and rubbing my butt while I stood next to her and telling me,
"he's so ugly, I'm so lucky to have you" and then never discussing it again, till I leave her a year later because I had never gotten over it.
Meeting a girl 15 years younger than me (she was 19 and I was 34) having a whirlwind romance that ended up with, her cheating on me, getting pregnant and not knowing if it was mine or the other guys, loosing that baby (miscarriage) and then choosing me, asking me to marry her, me saying yes (despite everything), us having a beautiful baby boy, her turning progressively evil and leaving me a week before my 40th birthday, me loosing my job of 11 years a few weeks after that and then being forced to only see my son whom means the world to me every other week.
Then for some reason all but one of the people I called friends for like 8 or 9 years turning their back on me, leaving me hanging in my darkest months.

Since then round October/November of 09, I've been feeling like isht but keeping up my own apartment, getting a nice big screen HDTV and spending a lot of time with my little man (3yo son) since I'm unemployed still, loosing all kinds of weight and looking good I guess, meeting a few hot girls that have shown me interest, but me not being ready to get with anyone because I'm screwed in the head and hate women right now. Then getting back in contact with a girl friend (just friends) that I had to stop hanging with because my ex hated her for some reason and now spending hecka great times with her and her husband and kids, actually breaking me out of a depression I was falling into.

Dang sorry for the book but I just wanted to share, the craziness that has been my life and how I actually have survived it so far.

I hope that it helps someone to feel a little better about their own lifes issues.

Please share a book with me if you don't mind, a catalog of the good and bads that have lead you to where you are currently in life.

These stories I've read hear and there in this forum have helped me if not feel better about my own life, at least not feel alone in this crazy life.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: Morican]
    #12023928 - 02/13/10 10:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I don't have the time too, but I'm going to post in this so I can find it later.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Morican]
    #12024001 - 02/13/10 10:34 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: dr_gonz]
    #12024096 - 02/13/10 10:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks to a couple of good friends and to the people here in the shroomery
Plus you just don't have the option of giving up when you have small children that depend on you.

Offlineauxiliary
Mr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Thatoneville
Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: dr_gonz]
    #12024114 - 02/13/10 10:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I hate the idea of marriage. It's just a legal contract that can serve as the perfect jinx.

--------------------

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: auxiliary]
    #12024306 - 02/13/10 11:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing but respect to you OP. It takes courage to face the difficulties in life and you are a shining example of bravery.
I am so glad that you shared this and that you seem to still be intact.
My thoughts are with you and all the good vibes I can muster will be sent your way.
I pray that you find happiness and contentment and that the rest of your journey brings you peace and joy.

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

OfflineThaiTea
Superconnected
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hollywood, CA
Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #12024482 - 02/14/10 12:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"Plus you just don't have the option of giving up when you have small children that depend on you."

Your love for your children will keep you above the really bad times. Out of all of that, you've got the opportunity to raise two of your own beautiful kids, your genes man. And  though i am young, from what I have gathered from living on this earth so far, that is probably the greatest gift you can get. So do em proud, sounds like you are already. your gonna be fine morican :heart:

--------------------
"I take comfort in the fact that my true purpose in life will make perfect sense mathmatically, but will be discovered through the construction of an avant garde art project done by a 6th grader with aspergers twenty years from today.

Could the presence of Junkies account for all these uneaten french fries?

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male

Loc: subtropics
    #12024547 - 02/14/10 12:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey there, I feel you. I have been through more than a few lives worth of changes. It has made me a bit jaded/cynical, but I came through it. I am now on an upswing that would not have been possible if I did not take certain opportunities that I knew would be very hard to do(move back in with a psycho ex.). Sometimes you have to stick it out no matter how bad it seems. (see recent Mormon thread for a short story about me, page 4)I wouldn't be doing what I am doing now if I had given up and succumbed to the negativity of life. I graduate in May with my RN degree.:laugh:

P.S. I will be 45 on the 22nd!:grin:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12005257/fpart/4

--------------------

InvisibleLoveOverAll
HigherSpiritEvolving
 User Gallery

Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #12024663 - 02/14/10 12:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Your one tuff SOB.

the:sunny:will always shine again.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male

Loc: subtropics
Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: LoveOverAll]
    #12024766 - 02/14/10 12:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

And that is only half of it.:grin: Thanks, and good luck to all that are in a bad way for now.

--------------------

InvisibleI R Crankey
bang bang choo choo
Male

#12024818 - 02/14/10 01:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

this just made me a :feelsbadman: into a :feelsgoodman: thanks for the story. (i dont know why i find peoples life stories so interesting but i do.)

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
    #12024856 - 02/14/10 01:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I wish you the best man.

I went through a breakup a few months ago, which at the time seemed huge, but reading your story helped me to realize just how insignificant it was.

I'm taking a new girl out tomorrow and pretty excited.  It's funny it happens to be Valentine's day, because neither of us like the holiday, shes just works and is taking 21 credit hours (art major + pre med), so she doesn't have a lot of free time.

OfflineRhapsody
Stranger

Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: Druggie04]
    #12024931 - 02/14/10 01:20 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Just getting through all of that had to be hard but I'm glad you retain the love of your kids and think of them too. It is a book but going through that has made you stronger. Women are not the smartest of creatures. Karma wil smile on you soon, it is time.

--------------------

Offlinekanglow
Stranger with Candy
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: Rhapsody]
    #12025017 - 02/14/10 01:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

tl;dr

Life's a bitch and then you die
So fuck the world and let's get high.

--------------------
This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Inappropriate behavior.  We do not allow this type of behavior anywhere on this site.  This is your FINAL WARNING.

Also, if you believe that this is really a closed thread, you need to take a closer look...  It's still open.  This is just a signature.

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hard twists in life, that make and break you and remake you [Re: ThaiTea]
    #12025586 - 02/14/10 04:42 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words and good vibes, I spent the whole night watching my 3yo. lil man playing and having a ball with my friends 4yo twin kids and that makes up for any nastiness his Mom has ever put me through.
I am a lucky man to have him, if only every other week and lucky to have all the cool people on the shroomery to listen to me bitch.
Thank you all, it felt good to let it all out and even better to read your kind words and well wishes.
Tyrannicalrex, props on coming up on top and bettering your self after 40, your story is an inspiration to me because I am also out of work and hoping for a better future for me and my baby boy.
Also, I'm happy my story made someone feel better about their problems, that's what I was hoping would happen, as others stories make me feel not so alone in this world.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder