Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Priest of Hathor
Male
Loc: Houston, Texas Flag
Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....?
    #12022209 - 02/13/10 02:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so my girl is working a double today, from about 11 AM to 9-10 PM. Otherwise, we would've tripped last night. It's now 4:30 PM, and her boss just told her she has to come in and work again all day tomorrow. First of all, this is bullshit, because today is our 3-month, and tomorrow is Valentine's Day. They shouldn't make her work all day two days in a row WITH NO WARNING. They can't just tell her today, you have to work 10 hours tomorrow, they should've told her a day or two ago; people make plans, and you can't expect them to drop their plans all the time because other people are sick, and furthermore, you especially shouldn't expect such without TALKING TO THEM about it, first.

I'm really starting to hate her job now. Anyways, we were planning on tripping tonight when she gets home, so probably around 9:30... But we're taking about 20" of bridgesii each, so the trip is likely to last for a good twelve hours or so (from what I understand.  I've only taken 10-12" so far). Sundays are usually really slow and she doesn't make much money on them anyways, but she's serving again tomorrow... would it be an absolutely horrible idea to stay up and trip on mescaline tonight and then (her) go into work tomorrow morning and work all day?

This is probably a dumb question, and I'm already expecting a certain answer, but damn this is ridiculous. And she's afraid to refuse to work tomorrow because she thinks he'll just fire her. THEY PAY HER AND EVERYONE ELSE UNDER THE TABLE. If they threaten to fire her, tell him straight up, look, I'm reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, and your business won't last more than a week or two after you have NO RECORDS OF TAXES/ETC.

I'm so fucking pissed right now, her job's been fucking her around way too much. Soooo, I guess this thread is two questions: the main one about tripping and working the next day on probably no sleep, and is there anything she can do about this shit?

--------------------
Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: PsychedelicSpirit]
    #12022258 - 02/13/10 03:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Bah man, that really is a shitty situation, but at these times of "crisis", no one can really afford to pick and choose. She should hang on to the job she's got. I don't think she should risk it because of the trip, but should probably confront her boss if this continues.
I have never taken mescaline, so I don't know what after effects it has, but I'm certain she won't feel very good after staying up tripping all night. Trips usually really make me tired afterwards, and I'm sure she won't be able to make it whole day working. Postpone the trip, tonight do something fun together, smoke some weed or whatever.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12022271 - 02/13/10 03:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I did 20 inches of bridgesii just a few weeks ago.  Took it at 1pm, and couldn't get to sleep until 6AM the next morning.  I was extremely drained the next day.

Maybe if you have some benzos to put you guys out at night... But personally I'd wait.

OfflineK.Sear
Stranger
    #12022287 - 02/13/10 03:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, you won't sleep very well when an epic trip is underway!  If work is calling, that really has to take precedence.  Drugs will still be there a week from now, a job may not be.  Just smoke some weed, watch a movie, enjoy each others company, and delay any tripping until you have enough freedom to pack and enjoy it.

Edited by K.Sear (02/13/10 03:19 PM)

OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Priest of Hathor
Male
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: BothHands]
    #12022293 - 02/13/10 03:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have Seroquel.  But we'd have to take it at night anyways, so that would kind of defeat the purpose I suppose.

--------------------

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
    #12022313 - 02/13/10 03:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

And with that kind of dose, she may even be still mildly tripping when she goes to work, someone may notice, and she could get in all kinds of trouble, get fired, get into legal trouble... So do it when everything is right, when you both have time to trip and rest the next day.

OfflineSeekingAnswers
Stranger
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: Tangich]
    #12022322 - 02/13/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Patience is a virtue. Your mescaline isn't going anywhere, so just wait :smile:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #12022324 - 02/13/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I did it once and vowed never again.  So worn out after a good mesc trip I couldn't function.  Do it when you have the next day free to sleep or lay around.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#12022327 - 02/13/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey there!
I know you expected a certain answer, so I am guessing I'll be the voice of that...

In this economy a job is very important. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices to put food on the table.

That being said, I'm a believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason, so you'll be able to just follow the universe on this one and see where you end up.

I believe she will be extremely tired the next day and should respect her body's needs and maybe shouldn't go to work the next day.

Especially with something with a known body load and effects lasting long into the 12-15 hours range from what I have read (never done mesc yet - Just got some handed to me at the Dead (okay Furthur) shows the other night...And I figure for me just like for you everything will fall exactly as it should.

If her job is such that she may be able to get away with very low energy, that is another thing to consider - I'm not sure what she does, so hard to say...

Don't hate her job - be very happy she's working :smile:

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: Tangich]
    #12022349 - 02/13/10 03:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:
And with that kind of dose, she may even be still mildly tripping when she goes to work, someone may notice, and she could get in all kinds of trouble, get fired, get into legal trouble... So do it when everything is right, when you both have time to trip and rest the next day.

Yeah, my pupils still looked like pennies a good 24 hours later.  It might be a red flag.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
    #12022393 - 02/13/10 03:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
Quote:

Tangich said:

Yeah, my pupils still looked like pennies a good 24 hours later.  It might be a red flag.

Semi-unrelated: Just so everybody knows, nobody notices your pupils unless they have a reason to look. If you aren't acting wierd, aren't in a situation where you would be tripping and aren't a known tripper, nobody will notice or think twice about large pupils. Even if you are the biggest hippie (clothes wise) ever, large pupils still aren't enough that someone (even a boss) will call you out unless you are acting wierd. Plus, in a lit room or sunlight, your pupils still contract, just not as much. If in dim light, you're pupils are 110% dilated, they will still be well within normal range once you go into brighter light, they will just be a little bigger than normal. Also if you have dark eyes, nobody will notice your pupils, period.

As for actually tripping tonight, you could do it, but it really depends on your girl in general and how she feels today.

In general: Is she good around people while tripping? Is she good at keeping her mental state DL? Does she generally need a lot of sleep? Is she able to function well after pulling an all nighter? If shes solid in public, DL, and good at functioning after an all nighter, then shes good to go.

The second part is just about how she is today. Keeping your shit DL at work is a bitch, you have to constantly check yourself, which is stressful. Being tired is stressful. Basically talking to strangers, while coming down from mescal, while making sure to act 100% normal, while super tired is a total bitch. The question is: Does she want to deal with that?

If she meets the above criteria for not getting caught and fucked over in some way and feels like putting up with the aforementioned problems, then she should go ahead and do it. Otherwise, the mescal will be good tomorrow or next week or whenever is good for you guys.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Edited by teeter (02/13/10 03:47 PM)

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: teeter]
    #12022419 - 02/13/10 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow teeter, perfectly said!:congrats:

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: dwpineal]
    #12022451 - 02/13/10 03:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
Wow teeter, perfectly said!:congrats:

:bow:

Well, I've had some experience with how much of a bitch it is to trip when/where you shouldn't be. Like I said, you probably won't get caught (if you are experienced), you just won't enjoy it half as much as you would in the right place/time.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: teeter]
    #12022521 - 02/13/10 04:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I did this once on acid and the next day was fucking AWESOME.  I probably dosed at like 10 PM, went to bed at like 6 and went to work at like 10 or 11.  My pupils were definitely enlarged and I remember the day just being spectacular.

On mescaline I'd very much recommend against this.  Mesc seems to have a very draining effect the next day.

When it happens, be sure to let us know how it goes.  Also, I hope you and the lady have a great time together with each other.

--------------------

OfflinePsychedelicSpirit
Priest of Hathor
Male
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: Humility]
    #12022543 - 02/13/10 04:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Update:  Well, it's still the same situation, but she got one of her coworkers to cover for her for tomorrow night.  Long story short, she can't cover her for the morning.  Anyways, now my girl just has to work from 11-4:30 tomorrow.  So I still have to see if she wants to go into work possibly right after coming down from a trip, but at least she's not working the entire day.

Thanks for all the replies so far.  I guess we're likely not gonna end up doing it unless she really wants to.  It just sucks, because we go to college every morning Monday through Thursday from 8-12:15, so that makes it even harder.  We go to school on hardly any sleep sometimes anyways, so maybe we'll just do it tomorrow right after she gets off work.  We'd definitely be done tripping, and just have to deal with 4 hours of school.

That post about everything falling into place is really making me think...  My last pull of DMT failed, so maybe this is all meant to give me more time to be able to tryp while tripping.

--------------------

Offlinewal0013
kabukiman
Male User Gallery

#12025270 - 02/14/10 12:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

im in the same pickle at the moment, i want to do some mescaline tea which i have sitting and waiting for me, but i have to go to uni tomorrow and the rest of the week so i should probably wait until next weekend, last time i did it i was really drained and slept for hours and hours, so probably not a good idea to do that to her man

--------------------
Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.

Offlinehooka4lifecough
Stranger
Re: Tripping on mescaline the night before work.....? [Re: wal0013]
    #12025716 - 02/14/10 04:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wal0013 said:
im in the same pickle at the moment, i want to do some mescaline tea which i have sitting and waiting for me, but i have to go to uni tomorrow and the rest of the week so i should probably wait until next weekend, last time i did it i was really drained and slept for hours and hours, so probably not a good idea to do that to her man

uni high school?? i went there...lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds