Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female

Loc: the earf
going from wbs to rye
    #12007354 - 02/11/10 06:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I been thinking about switching from wbs to rye because i thought you can simply put a given quantity of rye and some water in a jar, and when its done pressure cooking the rye is expanded and ready for innoculatior rather than soaking for 12hrs then rinse and strain then simmer then rinse again etc time time time...... however i found only one guide to using rye here and it does in fact include the simmering and soaking process. am I mistaken or can I use rye in the way that i previously described? any links to rye teks? and where to purchase the rye is the big thing im wondering usually its not economical to purchase heavy supplies like that thru the net due to shipping costs and the overly high prices associated with "mushroom growing vendors" or whatever.... thanks!

--------------------
Everything and anything said by this person or thru this account is completely fictional and/or hypothetical fantasy and should not be taken seriously and do not reflect the views or actions of the account holder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKysmoker
Shroomer In Training
Male

Re: going from wbs to rye [Re: antimatt3r]
    #12007380 - 02/11/10 06:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The only tek ive seen is RR's. He lets them soak for 12-24 hours and then boils them. After that he puts them in a strainer and shakes them, the excess moisture is supposed to come off with the steam.

--------------------
Your class, your caste, your country, sect, your name or your tribe
There's people always dying trying to keep them alive
There are bodies decomposing in containers tonight
In an abandoned building where
A squatter's made a mural of a Mexican girl
With fifteen cans of spray paint in a chemical swirl
She's standing in the ashes at the end of the world
Four winds blowing through her hair

-Four Winds by Bright Eyes

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #12007382 - 02/11/10 06:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You can use any grain the way you describe, including WBS.
But you'll get better results if yo soak, simmer, strain like RR shows in the videos.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisibleantimatt3r
umumz
Female

Loc: the earf
Re: going from wbs to rye [Re: Doc_T]
    #12007396 - 02/11/10 07:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

nice thanks doc you always are a great help, didnt know you could prepare the wbs even like that... better results with soak/simmer than i guess ill stick to that, is there any benefit of using rye over wbs mycologically?

--------------------
Everything and anything said by this person or thru this account is completely fictional and/or hypothetical fantasy and should not be taken seriously and do not reflect the views or actions of the account holder.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #12007401 - 02/11/10 07:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Rye is better, but WBS is good enough. For most people, you won't see much difference between the two.
Rye is easier to prepare, and a bit easier to handle- but if you can already do WBS, there's no compelling reason to change.
Check prices and availability and use what's available.
Give rye a go when you are doing something special, or for comparison projects.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules