Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineovermyhead
amature

Loc: texas
My trip to south texas
    #4006669 - 04/02/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This may be a little off topic but I feel I should warn people in Texas hunting for mushrooms. I am not ragging on mushroom hunting in any way just the dick ass cops in and around Houston/sugarland etc...
It all started when me and my girl decided to take the 4 hour journey down south to hopefully find some cubensis's. Every thing was fine the hour we were there. We arrived at about 1 am and was looking for fields then but gave up quick for lack of knowledge of the area. After giving up until daylight we preceded to a local walmart to clean our trash and to look into the forest area not 10 feet from the store. We looked into this field,not hoping to find mushrooms, but to observe a different enviorment. we were not in the area more than 5 Min's before we went back to the car next thing we know a cop was there to hassle us and accuse us of "illegal activity". well the details are not that important but we tried to explain to this model of american ignorance that we were doing no harm to any thing. He then proceded to call for backup to search our car for as they say "illegal weapons". Bullshit straight Bullshit! Well after he confiscated our "Illegal herbs" and placed my love in handcuffs he let us off with a ticket. any way blah blah we then drove around still hoping to find this sacred and feared life form until we almost passed out from lack of sleep. As we tried to find a PUBLIC park of some sort to rest our eyes the moment of rest was again interrupted buy texas's finest, again for suspicious activity. Well he somehow found a warrant issued in February witch the cops before DID NOT SEE and took me to the county jail witch may I ad should be subject to a health inspection.
Good shroom country , Not good people

I do plan to go back down in the summer but will be more weary of those power/money hungry/racist asses.

P.S. sorry to babble my problems to you people but hopefully someone can avoid the same fate .

--------------------
lack of it all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: overmyhead]
    #4006688 - 04/02/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

bummer man...ver sorry to hear about that. i'll be getting the fuck outta here in a few years hopefully

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: SuperD]
    #4008120 - 04/03/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

TX is a shithole IMHO.

I've lived in San Antonio all my life, I'll finally be journeying to the NorthWest (Rockies) to stay. Screw mushroom hunting man, just grow ur own. Its a lot safer in many aspects.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #4011570 - 04/04/05 02:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't really recommend the Sugarland area for mushroom hunting, PM me if you want some advice from someone who's successfully hunted in the Houston area.

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: phEight]
    #4012137 - 04/04/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I lived in Nacogdoches (piney woods), Texas for13 years, in a house that was about a mile from my shroom pature. it was mostly country, or sub-country if you will, and i almost never got hassled by cops. My best friend lived down the same road but at the other end, he lives a hop-and-a-skip away from the field! so anyways, one day i was going to my friends house, we would meet eachother halfway down the road an walk back to his place (maybe stop at the field), but when i didnt see him halfway i was like, "whatever, i would expect his slow ass not to be here." So a little ways down the road i come to a clearing off to the side (cleared out spot for oil derrick storage) where people often park to go hit the field cause its pretty close by. When i round the corner i see my friend waiting there and i was like, "wtf?" then i saw a cop come out and he asked my friend, "is this the one you were meeting?" and ofcourse he was like, "yeah..." so anyways the cop brings me around and i see this red car parked there surrounded by 3 cop cars, and i immediately recognize it as my friends car! Ironically, they asked me if i knew whose car it was, "no sir, never seen it before..." and they let us go. as soon as we got to my friends house i called my other friend and told em, "dude they got your car surrounded!" and hes like, "shit, the farmer saw us and i bet he called em, were runnin now, thanks."
So my friend got damn lucky that day, unlike some unfortunate ppl here  :frown:

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4012406 - 04/04/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

South TX, is a shithole, but theres cows as far as the eye can see in our area, about 30 miles worth were I am so it has it's perks. I'm wondering how the hunting is in the hill country, i'd love to go hunting out there.

--------------------

Invisiblephalloidin

#4012549 - 04/04/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I use to live in Sugarland and never went hunting there. I would drive down 59 to Rosenburg where I knew of several good fields to pick from. I always went at night around 3-4. As for the cops, yeah sugarland sucks, but if you think fort bend county jail is bad, just be glad you didn't go to harris county.

Offlineovermyhead
amature

Loc: texas
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: phalloidin]
    #4013202 - 04/04/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yea i heard an inmate in there warning me of harris, he also told me of some fields along 6 that he payed a farmer or something to pick some. I don't plan to ever try that area again.

--------------------
lack of it all

Offlinezalorthethird
Stranger
    #4013285 - 04/04/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah man i live in katy texas about 15 minutes from sugarland...we have a few fields that are fairly prosperous but we have to be careful for cops and whatnot its kinda risky sometimes but not too bad we havent gotten caught yet and i doubt we will

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: My trip to south texas *DELETED* [Re: Cloud9]
    #4014972 - 04/04/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lackobreath

Reason for deletion: deletion

Offlinecap
shroom lover

Re: My trip to south texas [Re: lackobreath]
    #4016399 - 04/05/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i used to frequent Galveston on vaction time there is a little camping area right off the highway on the outskirts of town thats right next to a feild and beach anyway i allways took a camera with me since there was a pond in the middle of the field there were a lot of spoonbills and other colorfull birds at it and luckly was only stoped once by the cops and i told them i wanted to get some good pics of the birds the let me go back out and i looked for several days right next to the highway and as they drove by never to be bothered agian

--------------------
USE SISSORS!!!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4022489 - 04/06/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ive never heard so many bad stories about shroomin

texas is a great place for cubes,
probably the best state on the gulf coast

ive just never heard so many copper stories about shrooms there before

at any rate, get permission to hunt a field
either that, take the risks, or learn to grow

keep shroomin
GG :mushroom2:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4024249 - 04/06/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ive only seen cops once scoutin around a field. They usually know its a waste of their time because they know that we shroomers are very persistent and wont stop hunting cause of some jail time. I mean, psilocybin doesnt even show up on drug tests (unless its specialized for psilocybin, and even then it can only be detected for 3 days), so what the fuck are they gonna do about it?

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: My trip to south texas [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4026165 - 04/07/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I made a trip down there myself not too long ago, didn't have much luck (But finding my first and only cube in the wild was still cool) and actually when I was in San Antonio some bastard reported my license plate number for trespassing on a private road, and I didn't find out about it until I got back. Pretty shitty stuff :frown:

I'm definitely going to go back, probably towards the end of this month. I've got about a 6 hour drive though, but it'll be worth it :smile:

Houston area people PM me if you'd be up for a gathering sometime.

Edit - Actually I'll probably be going through Austin on the way there too, but on the way back I think I would have more time to chill than the way over. I'll probably leave on a Friday evening, hunt that night, and depending on how the hunting/tripping goes, get back sometime Sunday night.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Edited by adoseofparn0z (04/07/05 12:40 PM)

Offlinedr.kikee
neko
    #12004414 - 02/10/10 06:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

since when has houston been in south texas?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!
i've lived in texas my whole life and i've always known it to be in east texas.
i'm from the real south texas (near mex) >.<

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Loc: Ste-ye-hah' mah
Trusted Identifier
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: dr.kikee]
    #12004474 - 02/10/10 06:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

quit living in the past, my friend.

OfflinepleasureX
Gymnopilus
Male

Loc: Detroit Michigan
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: phEight]
    #18105637 - 04/13/13 10:18 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

hi i just moved to Texas and i was trying to get some advice on where to hunt i was hunting late last year and didn't find barely anything in central Texas here too dry so i was considering driving down toward Huston it would be nice if you could help me find somewhere to hunt

InvisibleMidnightCity
Apache Rose Peacock
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: pleasureX]
    #18105969 - 04/13/13 11:26 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

:feelsoldman:
Quote:

vjp said:
quit living in the past, my friend.

Quote:

pleasureX said:
hi i just moved to Texas and i was trying to get some advice on where to hunt i was hunting late last year and didn't find barely anything in central Texas here too dry so i was considering driving down toward Huston it would be nice if you could help me find somewhere to hunt

:oldthread:You replied to a thread that is almost as old as the site itself lol

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2263556

http://www.shroomery.org/12257/North-America

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

Welcome! That's everything you need to get started:gethigh:

OfflineKurtski
Stranger
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #28522683 - 10/29/23 05:46 PM (4 months, 26 days ago)

Main problem with Texas is that most of it is private property. Ask permission or be very careful.

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My trip to south texas [Re: Kurtski]
    #28522700 - 10/29/23 06:00 PM (4 months, 26 days ago)

true that, also Texas time

--------------------

my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates