Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
society ran on our ignorance
    #1200313 - 01/08/03 11:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

all the different groups, all the different ways of standing out, all the different ways people express their individualiality. gow people try to keep the way they are up..which i dont bother with anymore. i find its best not to....it would get me friends, but meaningless ones, with pot i escape all this. i mellow. so im not really a active part of socirty. im just there. and thats what i like....society is based on ignorance and i dont like it at all. as the beatles once said "living is easy with eyes closed, its understanding what you see"

we killed the natives way of living as far as i know...which i now see as a great way of living...they didn't take anything for granted. they only took what they  needed to survive, what they took they thanked for leting them have it to survive. they were very spirtual. pot, mushroom use was fine with them. it was a part of them.

and we killed that...we killed that great way of life based on truth.

now we live based on ignorance and fear the truth. its sad...its very hard to be apart of....for me it seems being apart of it is spritually wrong...but the way i see things? to our society its wrong, no good, and if i belive and stick up for what i belive in, i'll be throw out, disgarded.

and that i find pretty sad.

hate is based on ignorance...fuck.

its  getting to me. kile just phoned and while talking "luckly i didnt go to the game and get high, my grampy couldda been there. and so was jenns sister! i wouldda got dumped there on the spot"

all that is ignorance. you shouldent have to fear being high. the fear created of herb is based on our societys way of existing and from that, our way of thinking, ignorance.

:crazy: :crazy: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: society ran on our ignorance [Re: NiGGy]
    #1200359 - 01/08/03 11:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"now we live based on ignorance and fear the truth. its sad...its very hard to be apart of....for me it seems being apart of it is spritually wrong...but the way i see things? to our society its wrong, no good, and if i belive and stick up for what i belive in, i'll be throw out, disgarded."

i feel the same way and its the truth. each day i go on we all do, working our jobs going to school we arent helping the world, were making it easier to thwart into oblivion, yes some people try to "make up for it". but where does the real leap begin? i think its kind of like you said but i dont think we should be thrown out i think we should walk out and come back with a new mind a new race of people and change the planet. i mean if you think about why waste our time? cause we all know in the end if we just let it slip by and leave up to the people that really care about making change the # of people in the world will grow to great along with the systems which entertain those minds which sustain this crappy ignorant lying world we live in. Its never going to stop unless people give it up or kill themselves in the process, humans at this point in history are just too oblivious to realize their actions, they are too caught up in their dramatic soap opera lifestyles. its sad that our world revolves around "who is the best at the game". where do people think their clothes come from? sometimes its from workers who get like 20 cents an hour, they probably live in some shithole. then you always have the underpayed mexicans who serve you your food, how do they live? this goes for all the people serving as crutches for everyone else, i dont know about anyone else but it seems like this is a pretty shitty way to live no matter where you are. that is if you care anything about anyone else. i agree with you, and im starting to see its more pointless to keep trying to just "make it by". i say fuck that, lets evolve :wink: . :laugh:

--------------------
What?

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1201334 - 01/08/03 04:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

you touched on some good points there, and I'm gonna add in my 2 cents. Today on the way from school I was on the train, and this train was packed full, people were basically standing on each other (including me) cause there was no seats left. I had this cynical vision that we are all slaves, working for the very few elite rich up high on the ladder. We are being used and treated like subhumans with all this "Do work, and only play if there is time" which of course there never is. All we are is consumers bombarded with commercials of realities that can't exist, and yet we work our lives away at shitty jobs reaching for those dreams. I saw the sad, tired, empty, and lifeless faces of each person in my car, we all just wanted to get home, shower, eat, relax for a bit, sleep and then start it all over again at 6am. FUCK I got so depressed. I really need to stop thinking like this, its not gonna help me health wise or mentally, but what can I do? I got home and popped in Aenima, then I almost cried.  :crazy: Partly because of the ride home, and partly because its some of the best damn music ever made.  :tongue: 

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1201421 - 01/08/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

you are so right....and i wish you weren't.
this kinda stuff always makes me sad....one day i hope to just get away from everything, and stay away

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1201751 - 01/08/03 06:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think I agree with everything said so far.  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: society ran on our ignorance [Re: chodamunky]
    #1238305 - 01/22/03 03:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That is so true! We work work work All our damn lives until we retire. Its like we live to retire. Once your 20 and done school, your working until your 60.

I guess with the way society is we must make the best of it. And try to be fufilled and make the best of it, and try to do what you enjoy in life as much as possible.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1238406 - 01/22/03 04:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

the common argument would be "You have it better than anyone else, why are you complaining?"

it's not hard to see what a sham this is. a futile attempt to undermine our potential.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology