Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: LeopardMan]
    #12011012 - 02/11/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No. Read post n. #6402100  by Hyphae in that same thread. Agar, Creamcorn and RR say it's a myth but not Hyphae.

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#12011035 - 02/11/10 06:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LeopardMan said:
No. Read post n. #6402100  by Hyphae in that same thread. Agar, Creamcorn and RR say it's a myth but not Hyphae.

o ya, creamcorn said that. well i think Hyphae is wrong, esp since hes the only one of the TC who thinks that is true.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Loc: Las Vegas Flag
Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: TacoHerder]
    #12011498 - 02/11/10 07:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I still have a couple problems with this tek.You failed to mention your using pint cakes. Just look at the pictures. The PF tek uses 1/2 pint cakes. The pictures you posted are pics of pint cakes. You said you get between 65 to 100 grams wet. Thats 32.5 to 50 grams wet per 1/2 pint cake, thats typical.

The second problem I see with this tek is this, "The heat shock will start only once full colonization has been reached. It will last 7-10 days and at any rate until the end of the consolidation period." Then another 24 hours for the dunk and another possible 12 hours for another dunk.
After all this time they go into the fruiting chamber. I could have another grow started in that amount of time.

Edited by Cloneufc (02/11/10 07:19 PM)

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: Cloneufc]
    #12011633 - 02/11/10 07:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cloneufc said:
I still have a couple problems with this tek.You failed to mention your using pint cakes. Just look at the pictures. The PF tek uses 1/2 pint cakes. The pictures you posted are pics of pint cakes. You said you get between 65 to 100 grams wet. Thats 32.5 to 50 grams wet per 1/2 pint cake, thats typical.

The second problem I see with this tek is this, "The heat shock will start only once full colonization has been reached. It will last 7-10 days and at any rate until the end of the consolidation period." Then another 24 hours for the dunk and another possible 12 hours for another dunk.
After all this time they go into the fruiting chamber. I could have another grow started in that amount of time.

Hi clone. I am glad you want to actually discuss this tek. Those are to be considered 1/2 pint jars. As you probably know in Europe we use milliliters: those jars are all between 240 and 290 milliliters.

Second problem: the 12 hours dunk can only be useful after pins have appeared so they can absorb water directly through their "skin" (but only if this is really necessary). So time required is pretty much the same you need for a standard pf tek grow. No more no less.

Now it's 3 am here. See you tomorrow morning.

One more thing: I said I go between 65 and (over) 100 grams ( i think my best cake yielded 119 grams).

--------------------

-Charles Bukowski-

Edited by LeopardMan (02/11/10 07:51 PM)

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #12011647 - 02/11/10 07:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Here is the latest flushes I got

I will have to try this tek one day, I dont have the things to build a incubator since I never use them, all thoe it seems we get around the same results just different method. Cool tek:thumbup:

Edited by Shea25 (02/11/10 07:35 PM)

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: Shea25]
    #12011678 - 02/11/10 07:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
Here is the latest flushes I got

I will have to try this tek one day, I dont have the things to build a incubator since I never use them, all thoe it seems we get around the same results just different method. Cool tek:thumbup:

Very nice cakes Shea. I don't use an incubator either. Only the heatbomb and a cardbox.

--------------------

-Charles Bukowski-

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #12011687 - 02/11/10 07:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lol yes thats what I meant a Heat bomb

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: Shea25]
    #12011714 - 02/11/10 07:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: Like I said you can maybe use a heatpad or a computer monitor but I am not sure because I've never tried these solutions. Thanks for chiming in :thumbup:

--------------------

-Charles Bukowski-

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#12011982 - 02/11/10 08:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LeopardMan said:
Quote:

Cloneufc said:

Hi clone. I am glad you want to actually discuss this tek. Those are to be considered 1/2 pint jars. As you probably know in Europe we use milliliters: those jars are all between 240 and 290 milliliters.

Second problem: the 12 hours dunk can only be useful after pins have appeared so they can absorb water directly through their "skin" (but only if this is really necessary). So time required is pretty much the same you need for a standard pf tek grow. No more no less.

Now it's 3 am here. See you tomorrow morning.

One more thing: I said I go between 65 and (over) 100 grams ( i think my best cake yielded 119 grams).

Lol, got anything else to complain about clone?  Yet again none of your points were valid.  Not trying to pick on you, but it seems like you're just trying to find problems that don't exist.

It's interesting to me that people are getting the same results with different techniques.  It would seem to indicate that there is something that is consistent throughout that should be looked into further.  It's definitely not anything new I think, but if we can pinpoint these things to a T, we can express them better for noobs than we currently are expressing them, that is "Keep rh high, fan a lot".  Exactly how you approach keeping rh and fae high seems to be pretty important.

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: libertaire]
    #12012155 - 02/11/10 08:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My point is,those flushes are typical of the regular PF tek. Just look at Shea's cakes. You might as well pray to the cakes, the results will be the same. The PF tek is an American born tek, therefore 1/2 pint cakes are what is used in that tek. Just by looking at your cakes they are twice the size of 1/2 pint cakes by whatever means you want to consider. By being twice the size of regular PF cakes that cuts your total weight in half.

"The heat shock will start only once full colonization has been reached. It will last 7-10 days and at any rate until the end of the consolidation period." 

7-10 days is alot of time to waste. If you put your cakes in the fruiting chamber after full colonization, you'd already have mushrooms by that time.

Edited by Cloneufc (02/11/10 08:41 PM)

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#12012194 - 02/11/10 08:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think you need your eyes checked man. 

"240 and 290 milliliters" is what he said his cakes were.  That's roughly half a pint.  Use google if you don't know how many ml are in a pint.

Also, he does the heat shock during the consolidation period, something any knowledgeable grower would do anyway to give the mycelium time to firmly get a hold of the substrate.  If you put the cakes in the FC without letting em consolidate, they'd jsut sit there for a week anyway.  So this is longer than a normal grow...how?

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: libertaire]
    #12012213 - 02/11/10 08:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I dont care what he's says look at the pictures. They are almost double in size. Anyone can say anything and I bet you'd believe that too. I dont mind people being on both sides of the fence, it makes for an interesting debate.

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#12012233 - 02/11/10 08:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Relative to the size of the mushrooms, those don't look any bigger than any half pints I've seen.  They make tall half pints too. 

I would only believe what anyone said if they had proof to back it up. 

I agree, having two sides does make for a good argument, but arguing for the sake of arguing is dumb and pointless.

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #12012239 - 02/11/10 08:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

actually clone those are the same half pin jars i have, they're super tall, was a mess up on my part getting them but yeah they're half pint..

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: biologys]
    #12012453 - 02/11/10 09:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

all the stores locally only sell those type of half pints, ive never seen a wide  or small half pint around here, without specially ordering them, all mine look like his, it wasnt untill recently that we got wide mouth quart jars, i bought every single case they had on two occasions when they first got them, i got a few weird looks, i just said i knocked over my grandmas canning jars in a drunkin stuper the night before and she was pissed.
]
btw i live in the midwest

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: Montock]
    #12012581 - 02/11/10 09:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They dont sell those kind in my area its the opposite for me. They are all 1/2 pint wide mouth in my area.  Well if you want to waste an extra 7-10 days, when they could be in a fruiting chamber,than I guess you could use this tek.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#12012802 - 02/11/10 10:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cloneufc said:
They dont sell those kind in my area its the opposite for me. They are all 1/2 pint wide mouth in my area.  Well if you want to waste an extra 7-10 days, when they could be in a fruiting chamber,than I guess you could use this tek.

i have never seen 1/2 pint wide mouths in my area. Ive looked everywhere. And i live in dallas.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Re: The heat shock. A new version of the glorious PF tek [Re: TacoHerder]
    #12012863 - 02/11/10 10:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I cant find wide mouth quart jars in my area for some reason. I can get 1/4 pint jelly jars but no regular 1/2 pint jars. I use regular quarts jars with grain anyways so it wouldnt do me any good.

Edited by Cloneufc (02/11/10 10:24 PM)

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

#12012950 - 02/11/10 10:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cloneufc said:
I cant find wide mouth quart jars in my area for some reason. I can get 1/4 pint jelly jars but no regular 1/2 pint jars. I use regular quarts jars with grain anyways so it wouldnt do me any good.

i have both, reg and wide mouth, i prefer the reg for grain masters but the wide mouth quarts for everything else sorry for thread derailment

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#12013223 - 02/11/10 11:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cloneufc said:

Yet again, check your eyes.  Any good grower lets cakes consolidate for at least a week.  The heat shock occurs during this consolidation period....a period that would have been occurring whether you did the heat shock or not.  If you're criticizing this tek, you're criticizing the idea of consolidation, which is a well tested and accepted technique.  If you don't know about it, you should probably look it up.  If you do know about it, sorry for thinking you to be unknowledgeable, but from the way you've responded thus far, one would be led to believe that you've never heard of it.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but I can't let misinformation or pointless criticism go unaddressed.  It's a good tek for what it is.  If you have legitimate criticism, be my guest to bring it forward, but any criticism you've brought up thus far has been ungrounded and I get the feeling that it's based more in your personal dislike/disinterest in cakes rather than any legitimate problem that you have with the tek itself.  Sorry if it seems like I'm sucking lman's dick, but I'm not a fan of pointless criticism, especially when it's of an idea that has yet to be fully tested out in the community.  Please don't discourage experimentation just because it's not something that you're particularly interested in.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags