Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
backyard cow pasture....
    #1199968 - 01/08/03 09:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Since I live in central Florida, and since hunting for shrooms involves possible farmer and/or police contact, I have decided to bring the cowfields to me. :grin: I intent on getting some heavy duty contractors bags, and collecting tons of poo from some fields and simply dropping off the poo in my backyard and waiting. I might irrigate my "pasture" with reclaimed water, or I might just wait for rains to come and therefore do it naturally.  :smile: I also was wondering if I could "innoculate" the poo by scraping  some sporeprints on them , or if I won't even need to.

The question is, do you see anything wrong with this course of action? Should it work and work well? Is there anything I am forgetting? Am I an idiot for thinking of this, and if so why? Thanks... :grin: 

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: backyard cow pasture.... [Re: shroomerman]
    #1199985 - 01/08/03 09:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

seems to me that having piles of shit in your backyard with shrooms growing all over them is a good way to be real suspicious. why not pasteurize the poo and grow on it indoors?

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: backyard cow pasture.... [Re: debianlinux]
    #1200033 - 01/08/03 09:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I have a high privacy fence, and I don't really want to have anything growing indoors right now. Ourdoors I could always just say I put down some shit to fertilize the lawn, and I have no idea what those mushrooms are. :wink: The question is will it work, and should it be as good as any other cowfield (that has guns, cops, and farmers)? I plan on doing all the stuff for indoor growing after I move, for now I was thinking that I could get some easy shrooms just by dumping shit in the yard. :laugh: 

--------------------

Offlinesamsonsimson
observer
Loc: Norfolk Va
    #1200052 - 01/08/03 09:40 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i heard it is legal to posses fresh shrooms in florida. just not dried ones. once they dry out they are illegal.

--------------------
I don't know what I'll do today, sa-ni-ty never came my way.
You can spend your nickels you can spend your dimes, I lost my mind just a couple of times.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1200067 - 01/08/03 09:43 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well, it could definitely work, i dunno about just rubbing prints on the shit. your better off sticking established mycelium in there but that defeats your purpose because you'd have to get some mycelium established first. while mushies growing wild in your yard is legal, having piles of shit that are obviously being consumed by mushies is a different story. just because you say you aren't intentionally cultivating them outside doesn't mean they won't drag your ass to jail. it clearly shows intent. I'm just warning you. you'd be much better off if you BURIED the shit so it is not anywhere near as conspicuous and your chances of success are much higher if you inoc. the shit with established mycelium. how soon are you moving? these things do take time you know. also, as a potential home buyer (or landlord) I'm not sure what I would think about a yard covered in cow patties especially ones that were covered in mushrooms. in nature the shrooms don't just absolutely take over the pasture (not very often, never in my experience) so the fact that all this shit is sprouting shrooms like weeds seems really suspicious. just my thoughts, consider it a warning. you asked what was wrong with the idea, remember?

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: backyard cow pasture.... [Re: samsonsimson]
    #1200082 - 01/08/03 09:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Correct, so it's definately legal to have them in my yard. What AIN'T legal is tresspassing on cow fields, and that's where the cops and farmers come into the picture now in Florida. I simply wanted to bypass all the bullshit altogether, and just move the mushroom producing cow pies to where I am allowed to roam, namely my yard. Therefore I will have to tresspass only once, to take turds and all. :grin: 

--------------------

Offlinesamsonsimson
observer
Loc: Norfolk Va
    #1200105 - 01/08/03 09:54 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well if you are allowed to have fresh shrooms the a yrad infested with growing mushrooms would be legal too. from a legal perspective

--------------------
I don't know what I'll do today, sa-ni-ty never came my way.
You can spend your nickels you can spend your dimes, I lost my mind just a couple of times.

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#1200116 - 01/08/03 09:58 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok i see the point. I plan on moving to sarasota by springtime. I planned on raking the shit underground before I left. I just had it in my mind that I could put poo in the yard, so that next rain I can just check the yard instead of go tresspassing again. The spore idea was just a spinoff on that idea, I probably wouldn't risk wasting a print on some sketchy plan like that. Actually maybe a better idea would be to have say a 10 by 10 shit pile in the farthest most un-noticable corner of the yard. I just hate the cops, you know they must be leaning on farmers to ban tresspassing where some farmers probably would not have normally cared if you were in their field as long as you aren't stealing cattle , littering, or damaging fences. So they just use no tresspassing laws to harass shroomerites instead of drug laws now. My idea was geared to stopping them.

Another idea I just thought of is get rubber gloves, and go tossing cow pies outside fencelines all the way down, so that next rain no tresspassing would be required, just drive the fenceline. HMMMM!!! That one may be even better huh?

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: backyard cow pasture.... [Re: samsonsimson]
    #1200126 - 01/08/03 09:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

the laws say (and this is not a direct quote) it is illegal to intentionally cultivate with intention of consumption. hmm, joe neighbor (better hope that fence is real private and the neighbors aren't peepers) sees cowshit covered in shrooms in your yard. calls cops. cops wait till you pick a shroom, bammo, your gone. look, you seem pretty confident you can do this without getting fucked. go for it. you were warned.

it has been discussed here before that "intention" is a vague term and cops will arrest you and let the judge sort it out. having cowhit in large quantities in your yard with shitloads of shrooms on them says "Hey I brought this cowshit in here and "planted" the shrooms in them!!!!" that is all that is needed. like i said, burying it would go a very long way towards helping your case here. i think yuo will only hear what you want to hear, so why ask what is wrong with the idea if your just gonna discount it?

edit: got a little ahead there, practically realtime chat here, thank you for acknowledging that I have a freaking point. there is a danger in what your doing. as long as you know that, do as you wish.

Edited by debianlinux (01/08/03 10:04 AM)

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#1200161 - 01/08/03 10:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

No, not at all debianlinux. I appreciate the input.  :smile:  (EDIT: LOL ya I think every post of mine answered the post two posts up. I am liking the idea of tossing shit over the fence all the way down the fenceline even better than having it in my yard now. Thank you for your help all of you. :laugh: )

--------------------

Edited by shroomerman (01/08/03 10:14 AM)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1200176 - 01/08/03 10:15 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I plan on moving to sarasota by springtime.

i don't know about weather in your area but you could have a very hard time getting a good network developed and fruiting during the winter. again, no idea what it is like there.

Edited by debianlinux (01/08/03 10:17 AM)

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#1200211 - 01/08/03 10:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The weather is funny here in the winter. It will be cold and dry for a week, then we will get 60-70 F and warm rains the next week. It all depends on if we get cold air from Canada, or tropical moisture and warmth from the south. Another plan was to take cowpies which had mushrooms on them already, so that the myciellial network would already be in place in the pies. Perhaps remove the pies carefully into tupperware to damage the network as little as possible during the move. Then just wait for some warmer days and rain.  :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

#1200251 - 01/08/03 10:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Rent a cow!

--------------------
The Pope thinks that Charles Darwin is an O.K. dude. Yes, Evolution is a fact, and the Bible has some good truths, but Mushrooms help man to point out the relavant.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1200269 - 01/08/03 10:58 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Another plan was to take cowpies which had mushrooms on them already, so that the myciellial network would already be in place in the pies

It would be dick to do, but yes, its a better idea. It would work, but there are much easier ways to obtain mushrooms. Hell, if you just colonized jars inside, then made outdoor patches, it would be much more economic than taking shit from the fields.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: backyard cow pasture.... [Re: Skikid16]
    #1200398 - 01/08/03 11:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

rent a cow LOL, ya i just might make some inquiries!!

"It would be dick to do" I considered that, but I'm guessing a few pies would soon be replaced by more. It would be one thing if I disabled a whole field's production, but I don't think a few pies would put much of a dent in everyone elses action. :laugh: I can see myself now, leaving the field with poop in tupperware, and getting "detained" by other shroom hunters!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #1200656 - 01/08/03 01:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

but i thought you wanted the bullshit? *ha ha*
I would suggest just using standard bulk spawning techniques on either pasteurized or non-pasteurized bullshit. *snicker* Start some rye or birdseed inside and then inoculate that pile. Won't take much time or spawn and if it works. Voila. Lots of little ones. If you want to reduce suspicion then toss some other types of mushrooms in there also.
Not to mention who cares? How many people can even identify any mushrooms, let alone the fun kind?

--------------------

OfflineNicolas
Optimist
Male User Gallery

Loc: adirolf
Re: backyard cow pasture.... [Re: Alkaloids]
    #10513616 - 06/15/09 11:22 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Well I understand that I am bumping a fucking OLD ASS thread
BUT- me and my friend cssdoran(new member here also)
are thinking about doing this and I just wanted some updated opinions, comments, and suggestions  :thanx:

--------------------
:shroompick:

LSD, DMT, Mushrooms, Coke, JWH, Ecstasy, N20, Weed, DXM, Opiates, PCP, Amps
2CE
DOC
25I
25B
25C
25D

Edited by Nicolas (06/15/09 11:40 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation