Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAlger
Stewardess
Liquid Myc Culture Recipie
    #1178271 - 12/29/02 07:12 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Suppose I've done the BRF thing, done the agar thing and have done the grain thing to death.

I am looking for a good Liquid Culutre recipie. I have consulted GGMM but it only really specifies wood decompsers. The teks in the bank talk about just a malt extract, but this doesn't seem sufficient to suspend the myc properly. I would like to avoid honeywater as well.

Ideally I would like to go from liquid culture distributed onto a bulk substrate.

TIA

A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Liquid Myc Culture Recipie [Re: Alger]
    #1178309 - 12/29/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

so ur basically wanting to skip a step right...

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1178348 - 12/29/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

g'luck as your substrate to spawn ratio will be entirely too low. guarnteed contams almost. karo recipe=100ml water per 10ml of karo. pc that mixture for 30 minutes at 10psi and it works fine some ppl add yeast for an extra kick

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleAlger
Stewardess
Re: Liquid Myc Culture Recipie [Re: socratesmind]
    #1179757 - 12/30/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

SubGen1us: Yes

SocratesMind: Thanks for the recipie. I am unsure what Karo is but I am going to do a search. Trust me I wont have a problem with the ratio...  :smile: 

InvisibleSubGen1us

#1179874 - 12/30/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

deleted

--------------------

Edited by SubGen1us (12/30/02 04:10 PM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #1187408 - 01/03/03 09:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

best liquid sub IMO is simple dextrose (aka corn sugar). Get it at a homebrew store. Don't remember the recipe, but search for dextrose and you should find one. nansnook is a great place to get support on liquid cultures.

The thing with dextrose is that the solution is crystal clear. Yeah growth is a little better with things like yeast added, but you can't spot contams, or even growth very well.

Nobody has figured out how to go from liquid to a bulk substrate yet with much success. IMO it won't ever be figured out satisfactorily. Bulk substrates require supplementation from the spawn to produce at levels that please me, but I'm rather demanding. Liquid won't provide that supplementation. Also, bulk substrates aren't sterilized (if you are sterilizing them, you'd be better served using a spawn like millet or rye). This means that as soon as the nutrients in the liquid innoculum touch it, contam city. Not to mention the horror of managing moisture levels when going from liquid to bulk.

The closest you'll get is to go from liquid to bags of grain. Simple really. Get the big bags from your favorite vendor (fungi.com sporeworks.com etc). Soak a 5# sack of birdseed for 18-36 hrs and drain and load into bag. PC it for several hours (I'd go with 3-4). Seal it up and innoc with 200-500 cc's of dextrose water. If you figure that a single spore syringe can innoculate a dozen or more jars of dextrose water, you can make that syringe innoculate 60-180 pounds of birdseed. While not technically considered a bulk substrate, the liquid innoculum to grain makes growing a lot of mushrooms very easy.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

#1191910 - 01/05/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

MEA with the agar omitted

20 grams malt extract
2 grams yeast extract
2 grams of wheat flour (optional)
1 liter of water (our tap water works better than distilled)

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
Re: Liquid Myc Culture Recipie [Re: Una]
    #1193010 - 01/05/03 03:03 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

here's one that works great.

100ml water
4grams dextrose
**** nutritional yeast

not sure exactly how much yeast to add... someone should get a nutritional breakdown of nutritional yeast and figure out how much would be the perfect amount for psilo cubenso's

peace out

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1193264 - 01/05/03 04:16 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Karo is tm. name for corn serup (sucrose C12H22O11) availible at any grocery .
use lite corn serup, the dark looks like maple serup which would also work, but you can't see through it .

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #1194216 - 01/05/03 10:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

when going directly from licuid inoculant to substrate without an interveining invitro spawn step, the only success i have had were in outdoor beds that nature pretty well watched the contams for me, ie spraying it onto straw used as erosion control at a construction site, which was then sprayed with that mixture of grass seed and peat moss from a truck. the straw was the substrate, the peat my casing material, the species were ones that grow wild in my area.

Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
    #1197282 - 01/07/03 08:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i swear by the honey water tek you can make very lil spores go a very very long way

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Liquid Myc Culture Recipie [Re: white_rabbit]
    #1197333 - 01/07/03 08:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

dextrose is the exact same tek as honey, just that the solution is crystal clear. Honey is amber, and has sediments which make spotting contams and growth more difficult. Karo syrup (light corn syrup) also yields a pretty clear solution. I would highly recomend the use of one of these clear sugars to anyone who is using the honey tek.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
Re: Liquid Myc Culture Recipie [Re: mycofile]
    #1197440 - 01/07/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i've used dist water with dextrose (4%), or dist water with honey (4%) with quite some success for use as liquid inoculant for grains. i've recently found in health food stores a "brown rice syrup" (similar water/syrup ratios) which works beautifully for me. however, my favorite way is to simply throw a fully colonized petri in a blender with slighlty peroxidated dist water, then use the resulting slurry for grains inoculation. it's by far the fastest colonization method i have achieved, yielding fully colonized rye grain quart jars in 4-7 days :shocked: 

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Liquid Myc Culture Recipie [Re: comario2]
    #1197546 - 01/07/03 10:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I began using honey but the sediments were a pain.I now use light maple syrup and it kicks butt.No sediment,No carmelization,lots of natural nutes and I can see mycelia flocking the spore clumps in 24hrs or so.I use it also when wetting dry alder chips for Cyans(1tsp/gal) and get great colonization of spawn in jars.I would hesitate to use it in open environments .I screwed up a cyan bed usin too much and it contaminated with all sorts of hideous crap. good luck  :wink: WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order