Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high
    #11963573 - 02/04/10 06:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Aussies snort super-addictive 'Ivory Wave'
February 5, 2010 - ninemsn.com

Australians are experimenting with a powerful new mind-altering drug that is so addictive users say it provokes an almost uncontrollable urge for another hit.

Australian drug users are ordering Ivory Wave through research chemical websites based in Europe, which disguise the drug's true identity by selling it as a "soothing bath salt".

Tests at the University of Sydney revealed the drug, called Ivory Wave, contained a potent psychoactive chemical similar to ecstasy.

Australian Federal Police told ninemsn the drug was believed to be illegal under Australia's analogue drug laws and its importation was currently being investigated.

Ivory Wave is sold in 500mg packets labelled "for novelty use only" with no dosage instructions.

An anonymous Ivory Wave user from Newcastle told ninemsn the powder was several times stronger than cocaine when snorted.

"It provides profound stimulation and empathy, as well as mild, yet blissful, euphoria," he said.

However, he said the initial "magic" diminished rapidly, leaving the user strongly compelled to snort again.

"I've never seen an opened packet last more than a night, and have seen the 'but your line is bigger' arguments start," he said.

The user said the intense high left a painful hangover.

"[Users experience] emotional fragility, diminished cognitive ability, muscular pain and a sore jaw and loss of appetite," he said.

The user interviewed by ninemsn said he and his friends had ordered the drug several times through post from overseas and had not encountered any problems with customs.

A small sample of the drug obtained by ninemsn and analysed by researchers at the University of Sydney was found to contain a mix of several substances, including the chemical methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV).

The legal status of MDPV is unclear but it is most likely banned under Australia's analogous drug laws due to its structural similarities to pyrovalerone and MDMA — the key ingredient of ecstasy.

The companies that market Ivory Wave also sell other "bath salt" products, which are believed to contain similar ingredients.

University of Sydney Chemistry Professor Paul Groundwater warned that users of Ivory Wave could be putting their health at serious risk.

"Drugs for approved human use must meet very stringent criteria in terms of their manufacture," he said.

"These designer drugs have not been subjected to such scrutiny and so they may contain many harmful by-products as a result of their production."

Dr Groundwater and University of Sydney Professional Officer Bruce Tattam used forensic data from German police to identify the presence of MDPV in the compound.

The tests showed the drug was a mix that contained at least one other major component, but MDPV was the only identifiable chemical.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: veggie]
    #11963774 - 02/04/10 06:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

here we go again:rolleyes: this article isnt warning people about the drug. its basicly advertising it to teens who are looking for the next high.:sad:

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #11963854 - 02/04/10 06:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Australian media. LOL!

--------------------

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: karode13]
    #11963928 - 02/04/10 06:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:dudewtf:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
. [Re: Vibes]
    #11963944 - 02/04/10 07:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/20/10 12:13 PM)

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: Vibes]
    #11964090 - 02/04/10 07:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Vibes said:
:dudewtf:

I live in Australia(not Australian) and I refuse to read the mainstream media here. It is sensationalist, often incorrect and most of the time it is used as a tool for political gain. I like to be presented with facts. The media here needs a big boot up the arse!

I repeat:

Australian media. LOL!

--------------------

OfflineNobodyCares
Whatever and ever, amen
Male

Loc: Brilliance/Insanity
    #11964171 - 02/04/10 07:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
I live in Australia(not Australian) and I refuse to read the mainstream media here. It is sensationalist, often incorrect and most of the time it is used as a tool for political gain. I like to be presented with facts. The media here needs a big boot up the arse!
I repeat:
Australian media. LOL!

I think that American media is much the same way. And in my (extremely limited) experience with the BBC I've seen similar clearly wrong stories posited as fact.
So don't feel bad, all mainstream media pretty much sucks around the world!

--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass

Offlinebongoboy2000
Bongoboy2000
Male
Loc: Seattle
    #11964217 - 02/04/10 07:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

...the powder was several times stronger than cocaine when snorted.

The drug that we will describe as "basically ecstasy" was  "several times" "stronger" than a drug that's completely unrelated to ecstasy.

The words in that sentence are so unrelated to any graspable concept that I can barely believe a human brain came up with it...

--------------------
...I got nothin..

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: bongoboy2000]
    #11964240 - 02/04/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

when i saw the thread title on the front page i could only see "Re: Aussies snorting soot"

I thought this was gonna be a really good one :lol:

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

InvisibleveggieM

#11964639 - 02/04/10 08:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It was overall a pretty well balanced article as it presented both sides. It did lean towards the danger, health risk aspect. But it also had comments from actual users too. If they only presented the negative, it would be perceived as opinionated one sided scare tactics. If they only presented positive user comments, they would be perceived as promoting this product. You can't please everybody. The USA press would have handled this much worse, as news here is now presented as editorials more and more and not balanced reporting.

Personally, I never heard of MDPV before, so I found it quite interesting. Apparently it is easy enough to get online. But it appears to be very expensive, much more so than coke or X is, even in Australia where the prices are high. But at least you know for the most part what you are getting.

It is unfortunate that prohibition replaces known relatively benign drugs with cut, sometimes poisonous, black market crap, or questionable untested designer chemicals.

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
    #11964974 - 02/04/10 09:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

media...lol....but yeah was this stuff pure? i didnt realy read the whole thing i noticed it was media...

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11965124 - 02/04/10 09:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ShroomerRoss said:
this article isnt warning people about the drug. its basicly advertising it to teens who are looking for the next high.:sad:

It's funny how the media always does this. In the process of their "investigation" they end up making the so-called problem worse by popularizing it.

Things are always better underground, where only those with genuine interest and desire will go to the trouble of discovering them.

Once these tards start making news stories about it, it's done for. :facepalm:

It's like what they did with Salvia.. it was never a problem until they manufactered one
(dumbass YouTube videos sure helped) then all of a sudden it's OH MY GOD... THE CHILDREN! :omgz:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
    #11966477 - 02/05/10 02:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

Personally, I never heard of MDPV before, so I found it quite interesting. Apparently it is easy enough to get online. But it appears to be very expensive, much more so than coke or X is, even in Australia where the prices are high. But at least you know for the most part what you are getting.

It is unfortunate that prohibition replaces known relatively benign drugs with cut, sometimes poisonous, black market crap, or questionable untested designer chemicals.

Its not expensive at all actually. the active dose is as low as 5mg.
I still haven't tried it, because it is known to get you into quite a paranoid/ psychotic state after repeated redosing. nevertheless, I will probably have a go some time.
The problem with this Ivory wave is that it has a combination of chems that could be quite bad for you. (each being relatively safe on their own).
MDMA and caffeine are relatively safe on their own, but when combined...are quite dangerous for the heart.

Also, mdpv at high amounts can get pretty dangerous. as well as exhibit the above paranoia. how do you know if the stuff in there is mixed well. These are RC's, they aren't supposed to be ingested like this.
Its totally irresponsible for the manufacturers and re-sellers of this stuff. This greed really kills the RC scene.

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

OfflineRabid Jelly Bean
Stranger
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11967567 - 02/05/10 09:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ShroomerRoss said:
here we go again:rolleyes: this article isnt warning people about the drug. its basicly advertising it to teens who are looking for the next high.:sad:

That's how I learned about salvia. While the news tried to scare me, I was thinking, "No fucking way! That's amazing!" :grin:

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: Rabid Jelly Bean]
    #11968262 - 02/05/10 11:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Lol how anybody thought about it? like: "hey man my mom bought new spa salt and im short with dope, lets try!"

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: Rabid Jelly Bean]
    #11969664 - 02/05/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rabid Jelly Bean said:
Quote:

ShroomerRoss said:

That's how I learned about salvia. While the news tried to scare me, I was thinking, "No fucking way! That's amazing!" :grin:

yupp i wouldnt of found out about salvia if the media hadnt introduced it to me:thumbup:

Offlinejcougar79
Stranger
    #13419431 - 11/01/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey this bath salt stuff is awesome!!  Although I never snorted it cause I hate that sh*t, instead we ingested it. I was in Vegas last weekend and this is when I did. Me and my 2 buddies bought one called Revitalize. It was sold in a regular smoke shop. It came in a jar with 500mg for $30 and we all split it, so we each had about 165mg and that was enough.  I used to take X alot and this was just as good.  It took about 45 minutes to start to kick in and lasted about 2.5 hours then started to come down.  Next time I will take a little more and see how that goes...cant wait!!!

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: jcougar79]
    #13419586 - 11/01/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

this "news report" is hilarious but at the same time rather puzzling. it really does read out like some kind of weird advertisement for this bullshit stimulant.

Quote:

The user interviewed by ninemsn said he and his friends had ordered the drug several times through post from overseas and had not encountered any problems with customs.

made me lol.

--------------------

InvisibleAnastomosisJihad
Hominid
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: jcougar79]
    #13420186 - 11/01/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jcougar79 said:
Hey this bath salt stuff is awesome!!  Although I never snorted it cause I hate that sh*t, instead we ingested it. I was in Vegas last weekend and this is when I did. Me and my 2 buddies bought one called Revitalize. It was sold in a regular smoke shop. It came in a jar with 500mg for $30 and we all split it, so we each had about 165mg and that was enough.  I used to take X alot and this was just as good.  It took about 45 minutes to start to kick in and lasted about 2.5 hours then started to come down.  Next time I will take a little more and see how that goes...cant wait!!!

That sounds like methylone- nice extacy high around 200 mgs. The stuff I got called Ivory Fresh was way stronger. Around 40mgs had me literally on the floor. Be very careful with bathsalts. There is no way to tell what chemical you have, and the dosage response curves are orders of magnitude apart.

--------------------
come together

OfflinepillXpoppin
Stranger
Re: Aussies snorting 'soothing bath salts' for ecstasy like high [Re: AnastomosisJihad]
    #13563911 - 11/30/10 05:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I tried white lady bath salt 3 weeks ago for the first time and have been addiccted since my first line, the  high is comparable to being on 3 beans and blowing six lines of yay its incrediable but all things that are perfect are always to good to be true the other nigh i feel asleep for the first time after 78 hours of being awake ive lost two friends and have spent 400 dollers in 2 days on bath salt my nasal passage burns and is very irritated i feel liek a crack head the way i feen for more i scrap the back once its empty and snort water up my nose to try and get a drip as awsome as the high is stick to rolls its pretty close cheaper and probally less damaging to your body as well as way less adictive :crazy2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale