Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinexunedeinx
BeginnerShroomer
Male
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6350229 - 12/09/06 09:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What about creepers?

Info on them?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
    #6352451 - 12/09/06 11:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Thanks Wronguy!  There you have it folks, this is the place to talk about strains.

/me warms up his thread locking button.
RR

You DO love that button dont you Roger (or should I say forum nazi? :rofl:)

You know Im just kidding.... :wink:

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: _OttO_]
    #6352586 - 12/10/06 12:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In the esssence of strains and strain conversation, the best I have tried yet is PE6, by our very own Roger. They are very different to other cubensis strains I've tried so far, while all the others tend to be quite similar - this one stands out with distinct differences....

The stems are rather 'woody' and the caps quite dark, heavy heavy spore dropper and picture perfect specimens. Very weighty, and extremely potent - they almost drip blue after you handle them, and this is consistent for em over many trials in different growing parameters.

Working with a clone of this has given me my best results to date -

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
    #6353188 - 12/10/06 05:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

meh... a cubie is a cubie. Their looks do vary a tad (some are taller, some grow in clusters) but as for variance in potency I think its more to do with the substrate (and possibly other growth parameters), and most of all depends on your expectations (which is why all of the strains are claimed to be "the most potent").

And until anyone publishes a properly made study showing significant differences of active substances between two subspecies over a number of grows, I will stand by this point.

However I do not deny that it is fun growing different strains, neither that we as a growing community could over time shape new strains, like it seems RR has done with the PE6.

But I do think that as long as we do not have proper means of reliably testing psilo content, and follow this with statistically proper methods (testing one or two shrooms from one grow is NOT enough), we are just working on external properties.

Now let me make clear that I am not saying this to be negative (there is no gain in that). But rather with the intent of putting things in perspective. Think of how marijuana growers have managed to increase the THC content over the past 20 years through selective growing. Considering the vast collective knowledge and skills of the members of this board, I am certain that we could really develop both strains and methods that result in shrooms with far greater potency than the ones we have today. But it would require proper and accurate method and analysis.

/end ranting

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

OfflineWormy
Underground Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: Mindzpore]
    #6355192 - 12/10/06 08:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I noticed that the Ecuadors are on the list and this is the strain they show in "The Mushroom Cultivator" book I recently purchased.

I was wondering a strain like the Ecuador being a classic and sold by vendors now for many years, does the strain in general weaken over time due to it's being around so long?

--------------------
Wormy

"There's a Hair in my Dirt!"

Offlineitsdatpurp
Stranger
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: Wormy]
    #6355465 - 12/10/06 09:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

anyone have info on brazilians?

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
    #6361163 - 12/12/06 01:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

_OttO_ said:
In the esssence of strains and strain conversation, the best I have tried yet is PE6, by our very own Roger. They are very different to other cubensis strains I've tried so far, while all the others tend to be quite similar - this one stands out with distinct differences....

The stems are rather 'woody' and the caps quite dark, heavy heavy spore dropper and picture perfect specimens. Very weighty, and extremely potent - they almost drip blue after you handle them, and this is consistent for em over many trials in different growing parameters.

Working with a clone of this has given me my best results to date -

those look amazing :thumbup:

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: caboomers]
    #6361179 - 12/12/06 01:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea any info on brazilians, south africans, keepers creeper, ft, an south americans (roadkill special) would be nice, iv read about them from the vendor but always like to hear different sources

Offlineburmesepsylicibe
All is One
Male

Loc: Antarctica
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: caboomers]
    #6372292 - 12/15/06 12:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OttO, those pics are beauties. Anyone know about burmese? The picture on the vendor site was taken from a grow log on shroomery I believe. I like the strain discussion because mycelium are little beings, bred and cloned for distinct attributes.If I want a dog, I dont want some mutt. I want a 3rd generation grand champion boxer, and i want pick of the litter. And if he grows up right i wanna clone him! :boxerface:  :rockon:

--------------------

one of these was an LC
Which do you think it was?

deformedreality said:
.. besides the dead body of that pig i hid under the perlite.. he was snooping around too much ;]

OfflineMADPANTSDOME
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: burmesepsylicibe]
    #6372917 - 12/15/06 09:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have heard burma eats contams lol... sounds rediculas but its made me what to try it ever since the guy posted pictures of it taking over green mold... dont expect the same results.

OfflineAreteVeteran
The Automater

Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: MADPANTSDOME]
    #6374771 - 12/15/06 07:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ill back that up
i heard the story and decided to try them
and to my suprise, a PF cake that was only 1/2 colonized ate a little patch of black mold

i have since isolated it, but it looks normal and i will birth soon.

/AV/

OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: AreteVeteran]
    #6400033 - 12/23/06 08:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't see anything about the PF strain here. Yet I heard somewhere that this strain has one of the quickest times of any strain for going from spore to mushroom and that it pins very easily. Does no one use this strain? What are its disadvantages?

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: burmesepsylicibe]
    #6401334 - 12/24/06 07:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I want a 3rd generation grand champion boxer,

Make that a supreme grand champion! :]

But really, whoever says cubes grow exactly the same, needs to expand their knowledge. These strains come from many different parts of the world.

Example Texas and South America; both different climates, solor cycles, humidty patterns, atmospheric pressure, tempurature & content, water quality & quanity, soil densisty & compisition... and other factors I don't know or left out.

I am sure the wind itself plays a big part in what strains in the wild start to dominate in their regions.

Now if you went and grew a texas strain in the conditions of South Africa, would they perform the same? I don't belive they would.

These variables are each themself small factors, but all together, I think play a major part. If everything is off just a little it add up.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: Civ]
    #6401715 - 12/24/06 01:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly what qualifies a 'Texas strain' as being genetically different from a mushroom in South Africa? Don't make the mistake of thinking these mushrooms evolved independently in each area. The prevailing winds on earth are global. Spores travel on the wind.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
    #6402335 - 12/24/06 05:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Exactly what qualifies a 'Texas strain' as being genetically different from a mushroom in South Africa? Don't make the mistake of thinking these mushrooms evolved independently in each area. The prevailing winds on earth are global. Spores travel on the wind.
RR

Exactly. Some of those spores will create mushrooms that thrive in that new environment and some of them won't. The stuff from weaker spores die out and the stronger ones perhaps better suited for the new environment stick around. Survival of the fittest... Except we're not talking different species here, just minor variations in one species over lots and lots of years that allowed it to settle into different climate areas and have slightly different characteristics.

An SA strain will probably grow very well in the natural habitat for Texas mushrooms, because after all, they're still cubies, they just haven't had time to 'settle in' to that area I suppose.

OfflineFungiRape
The $ickest Loco

Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: etam]
    #6406194 - 12/28/06 09:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone got any info on Mexican Dutch King... They look bomb as hell IMO...
Omg i ordered soem spores and cant wait... they look so bad ass. and tasty

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #6406220 - 12/28/06 09:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Roger said:
Quote:

"The prevailing winds on earth are global. Spores travel on the wind."

As I said, "I am sure the wind itself plays a big part in what strains in the wild start to dominate in their regions."

I thought we were talking about growth variables. To say the climate p.cubensis grow in throughout the world, is exactly the same seems very short sighted.

If you grow out a print from a mushroom in Austin, Texas and grow out a print from a mushroom in South Africa- their prime conditions for growing are exactly the same? That does not sound right.

I am not talking about isolates in a lab. I know strain names don't mean anything about where they came from. When I said texas and sa I was just pulling strain names off the top of my head that sounded like they had a differnt regional component.

I find it very hard to belive that every cubensis is EXACTLY the same, thrives at exactly the same temp, and untilizes the water content the same. Everywhere in the world that cubensis grow the humidity is the same with the same consistancy?

Etam said:
Quote:

just minor variations in one species over lots and lots of years that allowed it to settle into different climate areas and have slightly different characteristics

Again, thats what I was attempting to say. There are more mico-climate factors than wind. I can totally tell with the strains I have grown out, the sensivity to their enviorment is extreem.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (12/28/06 09:33 PM)

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: Civ]
    #6406451 - 12/28/06 11:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

someone needs to add pics of the mushrooms to this.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineAbortfungi
:rootshroomsuggestion:
 User Gallery

Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: Brainiac]
    #6408125 - 12/29/06 03:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

B+ Rocks!!!
those pictures on the signature are mexican.

--------------------

Edited by Abortfungi (12/29/06 03:18 PM)

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
Re: Strain profiles.... [Re: Abortfungi]
    #6408488 - 12/29/06 05:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Multispore EQ in uncased tennstud...
big fruits, hollow stems.

That's EQ for you.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive