Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11949180 - 02/02/10 05:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That won't happen.

American politics are cyclical.

Hell, even the Tea Party afficianados are beginning to break with the Republican party that Rove was talking about.

The mainstream of the party will be facing challenges not only from the left in the immediate future, but pressure from the right as well.

While I wouldn't argue with anyone forecasting Republican gains in the mid-term elections (Hell, I might even vote (R)), I think any claim of a sustained paradigm shift in the consciousness of voters to either direction is folly.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11949241 - 02/02/10 05:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The tea party guys aren't breaking with the rep party,  They're taking it over.  I'm listening to that show right now and I have to disagree with him about the bank bailouts.  The taxpayer has made a profit on the loans to banks.  A fat one.  To the UAW?  Not so much.  His take on the weight of the tea parties is also pre Scott Brown.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#11952145 - 02/03/10 12:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Someone should carbon date this thread.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: zorbman]
    #11952337 - 02/03/10 02:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Carl Rove is posting in this thread undercover. :paranoid:

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #11952484 - 02/03/10 03:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Hell, I might even vote (R)),

thats fucking funny! :rofl2:(especially after smoking some smelly skunk weed)

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: lonestar2004]
    #11952640 - 02/03/10 04:31 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Seriously.

Listen, the thing that scares me the most about the Republicans is their foreign and social policy.  Fiscally, I am in agreement with them.  The things Obama is doing with the deficit are frightening to me.

It seems to me that having a Republican Congress would allow the President to continue his foreign policy and have the ability to veto any onerous social engineering proposed by that Congress.  And such a scenario would also, I would think, mean spending would be reined in since Congress must approve the outlay of funds.

I really might.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11953070 - 02/03/10 08:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You and I disagree about foreign policy.  Always have always will but I share your disgust for Republican social policy and Democrat fiscal policy.  Only one of them does real serious harm, though and that is the Dems.  They are in deep doo doo for November unless an incredible drop in unployment occurs before then.  And by incredible I mean I won't fucking believe their figures.  But you never know how they might, with their faithful lapdogs in the press, cook the books

--------------------

OfflineSmackshadow
It's Time for Wild Speculation

#11953963 - 02/03/10 12:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Only one of them does real serious harm, though and that is the Dems.

Really?  I don't even know where to begin.

--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.

~H. L. Mencken~

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: Smackshadow]
    #11953993 - 02/03/10 12:18 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No, you don't.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#11954070 - 02/03/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

It seems to me that having a Republican Congress would allow the President to continue his foreign policy and have the ability to veto any onerous social engineering proposed by that Congress. 

I missed this first time.  It is the Dems who engage in social engineering, not the Reps.  Obama is nothing if not a social engineer.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #11954506 - 02/03/10 01:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

It seems to me that having a Republican Congress would allow the President to continue his foreign policy and have the ability to veto any onerous social engineering proposed by that Congress. 

I missed this first time.  It is the Dems who engage in social engineering, not the Reps.  Obama is nothing if not a social engineer.

Seems to me both parties engage in social engineering.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11954641 - 02/03/10 02:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure we agree on what social engineeriing is.  I can't think of one social engineering effort by Republicans that isn't also supported by Dems.  I'm wide open, though.  As you know, I'm only partial to Republicans because they aren't the party of Cthulhu.

As a hideous aside, I'm guessing that the Dems are fixing to cost me several million dollars.  That whole routine about every man, woman and child getting stuck with the deificit bill?  It's crap.  The 50% of the population that pays essentailly zero taxes is getting none of the bill.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #11954824 - 02/03/10 02:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I'm not sure we agree on what social engineeriing is.  I can't think of one social engineering effort by Republicans that isn't also supported by Dems.

Which makes my statement "Seems to me both parties engage in social engineering" perfectly accurate.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Rove Says the Tide Is Running in Conservatives' Favor [Re: lonestar2004]
    #11957484 - 02/03/10 08:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
As you know, I'm only partial to Republicans because they aren't the party of Cthulhu.

repugs are one of the few things against which cthulhu is the lesser evil...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds